1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zig-Zag while being shot at.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Khypher, Feb 3, 2016.

?

Should there be a rule against Zig-Zagging while being shot at?

1. Yeah, This would be pretty useful.

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. No thank you. Its fine how it is.

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  3. NAO! I FUKIN H8 U KHYPHER!

11 vote(s)
    47.8%
  1. Khypher

Khypher Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Michael Septim
    I think there should be a rule against moving in a zig-zag pattern while being shot at. Why? Because it's annoying and it simply looks stupid. Let's be real, if you was running away from being shot at your body will get the fight or flight effect which will make you run and get to cover from the gun shots. I don't think you can jump up and down and move side to side while being shot at because your body would be more focused on getting to safety. Try this out, Go into your back yard and try to run forward while Moving in a Zig-Zag pattern while jumping.

2. Metro Boomin

Metro Boomin Well-Known Member

lmao wtf is this shit, it's chronet, people are gonna do this shit no matter what.

3. thegrilandmuffin

thegrilandmuffin Active Member

Sound's like someone can't aim KappaRoss

• Like Like x 1
  4. Markoozy

Markoozy Retired Sever Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marko Milosevic
    Well, technically the serpentine maneuver is a valid tactic to escape projectile attacks.

It's really the player's choice as to how they decide to respond to a certain scenario. Some may run for cover and others will run away as far as they can.

The jumping is just part of the game and everyone does it at many other times. People are gonna have a hard time suppressing the instinct to jump-sprint away from a gunman.

It's really not that big a deal. It seems like such a minor thing to complain about.

5. Stiggy

Stiggy Retired Community Management Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Sam Driscoll
    Good luck trying to enforce that; I certainly won't be the one to tell people "If you're going to run away from someone, you must not change direction more than once every three seconds. Oh, and no jumping."

6. Sonador

Sonador Active Member

It's actually a perfectly legitimate real life tactic to serpentine while being shot at, just not like while jumping a spazmo. If they want to avoid being shot, they can try, but once their legs are broken, they need to stop fleeing you.

Even if they don't, though, you'll catch up with them and FearRP them before an admin would ever get involved.

7. SCORPEANrtd

SCORPEANrtd Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
  8. Sonador

Sonador Active Member

...rather, not from wall to wall in an alley. The objective is to make yourself less predictable in leading shots, not to just run in a sine wave.

9. SCORPEANrtd

SCORPEANrtd Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    T'was a joke my good friend.
    Although, realistically, 'serpentine' wouldn't work very well in real life... In cases of slow moving projectiles and long range ballistics, it'd be useful...

Either way, so long as they aren't being awfully unrealistic with it (jumping every chance they get, and unrealistically), then I don't have much of an issue with it

10. Minecraft and Chill

Minecraft and Chill Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Vaga Bond
    It's really not hard to at least land a shot or two in the leg to prevent much running. Also, if they jump after having their legs broken, it's already failrp.

If they have a gun while "zig-zagging", they'd be screwing their aim over.