1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your first day on Chronet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by beanycheese, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Canadian-bacon

Canadian-bacon Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    Figuring shit out. The aspect of police cars, sirens, lights,, radio and radio codes. Cop heaven.

Also a forced name change

• Old Old x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  2. Apollo69

Apollo69 Member

Roleplay name:
    Mike Thomas
    I got rdmed a lot for having the last name Thomas and the kingsmans hated me for walking to there base idk what I was doing

• Old Old x 3
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 3
  3. Evan Diamond

Evan Diamond Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Evan Diamond
    I started sometime in December of 2012 on Evil Melon can't remember much of those days. I remember starting a small group called Thug Life Inc. which later got overran by Caldari Corp. Now Rockford is where I got mostly known for starting the Richard's Family which I later handed down to the legend Bob Richard. The Richard's were known for their fancy cars and we lived up in Suburbs on Richard Dr. I truly miss the old days, but I'm sure many do.
    Sadly not as active as I used to be, but sometimes I still stop around to see how everyone is doing.

I usually don't post of the forums, but this one interested me. :)

• Old Old x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Jack Traid

Jack Traid Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Jack Traid
    Now I'm sure some other staff members laughed when I told them this story, but I joined the server by accident. Yep, that's me.

If you want to read it, then read it, but note there is a TL;DR at the bottom.

I was asked by someone I played cityRP with to help him set a GMod community. All I had to do was help organise the staff team, and test any features until the server was officially launched. (The pitch the guy gave me would best be described as Stiggy's role on CN back when he was staff.)

One night, while we were testing addons for things like cars and weapons when a pop was heard over skype, and the server went down. The next day I see him on Chronet, which I misread as "Chorosnet" which was the name of the community he was developing. An issue I have with my laptop is that I can't alt tab from GMod while connecting to a server without crashing. So it wasn't until I had spent a while DLing the addons, and wondering what happened to the HUD and my superadmin, that he pointed out it wasn't his server. So I thought Alright, F*** IT! I had waited for the addons, so I was going to play this server so the time wasn't wasted.

TL;DR: I misread the server info when joining someone I had added on steam, then felt like staying for a bit after I waited for the addons.

I remember spending most of my first day trying to bake bread, tying to fish, and riding around in a small vauxhall. The whole fire thing was a problem as the server was always empty when we got on and none of us had premium.

Anywho, is wasn't till after a while when my CN experience got drastically better when some members started logging in at the same times as me.

• Old Old x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. GIMME DAT BASS

GIMME DAT BASS Member

Caldari Corp sounds familiar. What is it?

• Old Old x 3
  6. SoulTurtle

SoulTurtle Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Mike Smith
    so basically I first came on with my friend when we got gmod for a christmas sale and the server was cancer as fuck that day and we probs got rdm'd 10 times and then left. then we came on the next day and got addicted. thats it.

• Old Old x 3
  7. Kirtio

Kirtio Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Jazzu Ronson
    My first days consisted of me baseing alot in suburbs withe diamonds.then making enough to buy a jaguar.then gambled my jaguar and started a very serious gambling problem.

• Old Old x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Dairoki

Dairoki Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Sonny Marino
    I had pulled my last straw with Valk on PoliceRP, I am heartbroken. 83 Awarns on his server, he's had it. I decide to try random darkrp servers. I filter for just Rockford, and find chronet. I click, and my cock gets rock hard. It looks like Santos, perma inventory, real weed growing, you pick a permanent player model, clothes, citizen is the main job, ect. I run around as Dairoki Crion. I run the Taco Bell for a bit, bake some bread, ect. Then I met this kid. He is a huge anime fan and loves sandbox game mode. He talked to be about doing some work. I started the work, and he was impressed, he told me to speak to a man named James. I knew from the start I'd like James. He was relaxed, dedicated, and a great RPer. He drove me around and explained the hierarchy to me, and told me to mine ore. When I brought him back 50 ore, he paid.me 10k and I swear my eyes probably had cash signs ($) in them like in a movie. It felt so nice to be the associate and get paid. I'm used to being the boss of my gang, and have to pay out and manage everything. I was so lucky to become an associate on my first day, and I'm glad I'm still a Gambino.

• Like Like x 3
    • Old Old x 3
  9. CYJ11

CYJ11 Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    George Castelluccio
    I don't remember my first day, although the furthest back I can recall is a day in which was @Mewthree 's first day. Basically I was a little kid as a gun dealer running a gun shop. I had met a guy named Mewthree and asked him if he would like to be hired as my guard. He agreed and became a bodyguard for my gun shop. After that I went inactive and didn't come back until last July. There were also the good times back on evilmelon as mafia with my good friends Wildcat and Turtle. Those were the days.

• Old Old x 3
  10. Markoozy

Markoozy Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marko Milosevic
    Pretty sure I originally came to RDM back in 2013.

May have gotten away with a few...

• Informative x 4
    • Old x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
  11. ping

ping Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Luna Czosnyka
    11pm est
    Watching yt
    Sees a garrys mod cops video by farmer
    Watches it
    Wants to be a cop on gmod
    Joins chronet
    Goes to pd
    Realizes that you need 6 hrs for cop
    Goes to gm and wastes money on smart car
    Gets arrested for "prop blocking"
    Decided I needed to grind
    Grinded for almost a year
    And now i am here

• Old Old x 1
  12. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Marshal Mallow
    I paid a hitman some money for a fail hit on the police chief, hopped around, failed some parkour, got RDM'd, and ragequit.

Didn't even touch Chronet for another year; when I returned, I was just kinda browsing servers at random in my history and was like "Wait, I played on this server before?"

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. tommo1999uk

tommo1999uk Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Lelouch Gremory
    From what I remember I bunny hopped on roof tops and just went around shooting cops in the legs for the giggles

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Rondell

Rondell Active Member

My first day on Chronet, Let's begin, Once apon a time, I poofed into a building called Townhall, I walked around with my thumb up my bum, not knowing any better, I bounced out the front doors, and I discovered a dark alley way, A person walks up to my and tells me "Wanna buy a pistol?" at the time I was like heck yeah, and I bought a pistol, then I bounced around the streets into GM with my pistol in my hand, tryna figure out how to get some ammo for it, I discovered a car-dealership and thats when I purchased my very first ever ATV... I drove that sucker around until a ran into a wall, I didn't know what to do so then I jumped out and discovered a bakery shop at the very last shop building across from Club Catalyst, I went inside there, I purchased a loaf a bread and ate that thing up, as I went outside I saw a firetruck fly by and blow up my ATV... I was disappointed because I spent so much and now it's gone, (( At this time, I didn't know you could respawn vehicles, I was a noob in DarkRP at the time. )) so I ran around the map, mostly around the bank / GM (( This was during the Rockford V1 days )) and I eventually got stabbed to death by somebody I don't even know, they wanted my pistol pretty bad but I never wanted to give it up, even though I had no ammo... so I respawn inside a hospital, I thought I was suppose to RP being in the hospital or something so I RP'd alittle bit of being wounded in the hospital... (( Because on Multi-Theft-Auto : SAN ANDREAS RP Server, this is not a Garry's Mod server, it was very strict and you had to RP being in the hospital hurt. )) then I bounced out the hospital after awhile, I returned back to the Bank, and then from there I don't remember, somebody broke the memory trail between then and now.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Cleo

Cleo Member

Roleplay name:
    Lilly Sapphire
    I fucking died almost as soon as I made my name, and I fell off the bridge as it was rising and rage quitted but was back like 10 seconds later, and I've been here ever since!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Apollo

Apollo Retired Staff Member Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Franky Wright
    First day I joined, I joined because my buddy, who was big into GMOD at the time, invited me to play. This was two maps ago. When I joined, got acquainted enough with players, met two players named TSIM and Sank, and hung out with them. Mass RDMed every chance we got lmfao. A lot of people know what I used to do but now everyone will :D. When it was Evil Melon, we'd hang out at the apartment buildings across from the police station, and cop bait to bring them up to have them raid us so we could kill them. We loved raiding. @Coolrune206 joined shortly after I did and we hung out with a guy name Jake212 I believe. Shit was beaut

17. SCORPEANrtd

SCORPEANrtd Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    On my first day I went around with a couple of semi-rulebreakers who convinced me to buy gmod in the first place, and brought me to Chronet. During the day there was a player of the name Foxy Grandpa, who was constantly being disrespectful and racist throughout the day. Near the end, he threatened me at gunpoint after RDMing the mayor, as soon as he turned his back I took out my gun and shot him, before almost instantaneously being mowed down by multiple SWAT and Police, and then being banned without a word being spoken to me. I was banned for a day for RDM, attempted to appeal, 24 hours passed, and that was my first day.

I honestly can't remember anything else. Back in 2013 when I tried remembering it I thought that I was banned several days after joining, because I didn't think I had a gun when I first joined. But after trying to research my first day i realized that it was that day.

Anyways, like I said, don't really remember anything else, but i'm sure there was tons of people propkilling... That was a massive issue when I joined.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. FilmsActionCZ

FilmsActionCZ Active Member

i got banned

19. Katazuro

Katazuro Member

I remember playing pretty often on rp_downtown_chronet before it was publicly released as rp_downtown_evilmelon. It was one of the first decent DarkRP servers since Conjoint Gaming and Convict Gaming shutdown much before that.

Yet I still only have two days of playtime :ninja:

20. SCORPEANrtd

SCORPEANrtd Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    NOT ONLY ARE YOU A CAT, BUT YOU PLAYED IN THE OLD DAYS. OH MY GOD

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1