1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your first day on Chronet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by beanycheese, Jun 13, 2017.

1. beanycheese

beanycheese Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Maxine Westen
    What was your first day of Chronet like?
    Well, I'll tell you about mine. Starting out with 20k I began to explore. Looking around, I made my way to the GM where I used all of my 20k on a Smart Car which I drove around for a while till my hunger began to deplete. Worried, I ran to the store and searched for something edible when I came across some Lays. I went to buy the most when I realized I had no money. Panicking i ran back to my smart car and drove around searching for a way to get money as I was getting paychecks but no money. Out off gas and at 6 hunger I found an ATM and figured out I could withdraw from there. Running up the hill from good ol Bank of America I rushed to the shell and purchased some lays saving my life. After that, I built a little rp home in ghettos, I took the government test, went ERU, and the rest is history.

Reply with your story of your first day below!

• Like Like x 3
    • Old Old x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  2. James Newman

James Newman Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    James Newman
    It was July 12th, 2015. I was looking for a new server because I was tired of those cancerous Downtown DarkRP servers. When I saw Chronet, I pretty much joined just because they had the Rockford map. When I saw that I was supposed to type an RP name, I pretty much went with James Newman (Yeah, I got my name since I joined). Some of the things that I remember from back in my days are @Ice's Ferrari, @Official Silvershine RPing as a detective, and @Sir J being mayor.

• Old Old x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. BSFDFirefighter

BSFDFirefighter Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Porter Westen
    My first day on Chronet was after I watched one of @Medic's videos, I got on GMod, loaded up console and connected to Chronet, once I logged in, I chose Porter Diaz as my RP name (Porter because I've always liked the name and Diaz just for fun), I then wandered around interacting with people and then went and took the gov test (might've failed a couple times but whatever) and yeah, that was my first day, I'd like to say that present day is a lot better though, being married to you, as you're probably the nicest person on the server, being an extremely well known player, and allied with nearly everyone, but yeah, my first day was kinda bland.

• Like x 3
    • Old x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Friendly x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
  4. Lava_Master

Lava_Master Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Mike Rader
    I had logged on for 10 minutes then crashed
    --- Post updated ---
    That belongs to @Blofart

• Old x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
  5. Hades

Hades Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Nikolai Botanski
    My first day on the server? Oh boy, y'all know I could ramble on for days with stories. But I'll limit myself to just my first day. I had recently gotten Garry's mod from money I got from my birthday. I let my cousin take a look at the game first to see if it was worth playing. Said he personally didn't like it, but I might. So, I gave it a shot. I looked at all the game modes and looked up what they all meant. I decided to try Darkrp first since the description appealed to me and it seemed like a good mode to start with. However, I decided that if I was going to RP, I wanted a server that was "serious". So I literally searched for a sever with "serious" in the title. Chronet came up with a title saying "semi-serious", so I decided to give it a shot and joined. If anyone wants to hear the story of how I decided "Nikolai Botanski", that's a story for a different time ;). I joined, wandered around a bit, bought an ATV and began learning about the server a bit more. Some people were nice to me and actually tried helping me on the server. I remember one guy even let me loot and XM off of a corpse. Can you believe it? I got an XM on my first day on the server! I still keep that XM in my bank, only using it when I need some extra luck :). Anyways, I attempted to farm with a glock I had found on the ground as protection. I was eventually raided by the old Ronsons about 3 times before I gave up and decided to try mining and fishing. After I made a good bit of cash doing that, I waited around the bank and talked to people. I made some friends, and that was pretty much all it took to become part of a "group" on Chronet. Once I was, I was pretty much set. Most of those old people are gone. However, I shall remain to carry on their legacy.

Anyways, thanks for making me nostalgic. I'm going to go cry into a pillow now!

• Old Old x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Medic

Medic Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    Ah, it was like it was yesterday. RItzy and I were looking for a new server because like others, we got tired of 50+ job downtown servers, so when I was scrolling I saw "Chronet Semi Serious" with the map of Rockford_v1, so the tittle and everything was click baity enough for me to want to join. This was our last hope, because we got sick and tired of downloading all the bullshit you need to for each server the first time you join. I really liked the look of it from the loading pictures. I let him know it was ideal, so he went ahead and joined. Once he got in, we were looking around and thought it was so much serious than most other servers. We ended up walking down the road that the parking garage was on. We walked all the way down towards the industrial building with the smoke stacks and ended up chilling with people basing there. I remember they had a ladder that climbed to the top of the liquid tanks that are right inside the fence. They were growing weed and cooking meth. I honestly feel like one of them was Cayde Brown, but I honestly cant recall. Later that day I tried so hard to pass the police test after many many times, and finally I did. We ended up conducting a raid on the base later that day and he told me we betrayed him. What a day, what a day.

• Old Old x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Aluminum Potassium Sulfate

Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    June Graves
    It was sometime in the summer of 2014. I remember logging on, looking around and finding @K-9's British Pub. K-9 had been selling beer and stuff to me when I met someone who sold me a molotov (pretty sure his name was Uncle Bourbon). I'm not very proud of this but I then started throwing molotovs at someone's apartment building because he made fun of my high-pitched voice.

Don't really remember much else from my first day on here, I was pretty young.

• Funny x 5
    • Old x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
  8. Angel but also Devil

Angel but also Devil Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Angel Delrose
    Oh Rockford v1, RP name, Ethan Mars, back when sage wasn't permed, Orgs were a thing, holy shit let me name them, Richards, Ronsons, Delroses ( I originally created it, then some bloody DICKHEAD took our name and destroyed it, Kings, Johnsons, damn, I had the chance to see Silvershine RP, but I lost it, back then, the only cancer, was our Police force.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Old Old x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. KJM

KJM Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    Same dood

Welp, I made my name Lord Kevin and I went mining with my friend who had like 2 weeks in the server... we got killed and he got off and I did some minging and made some friends and sold weed to the general public back in the Rockford v1 days where I was broke and had no care in the world for anything other than a good time selling weed and trying to fight off all the ronsons with a knife while they raided my weed shop <3

• Old Old x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Daquan

Daquan Member

My first day somebody named Michael Bobby recruited me to the Bobby's. He gave me an M3 and we mugged like literally the whole server and we went fishing until some guy came up to us and handcuffed and arrested Michael for "fishing without a license" so I killed him and me and Aidan Bobby went on a cop killing spree until an admin Chance froze me. I thought I was gonna get banned but it turns out all he wanted me to do was change my name from Daquanquiquiquisha to something "more realistic". To this day Chance is the only admin to ever tell me to change my name. He told me to change my name at least 8 times.

• Old Old x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. its ya boi troy

its ya boi troy Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Danny Tant
    Well when I first joined I was an all time minge, so I’ll run you through what a minge like me did. I had first joined with two of my friends, and we punched a few people asking to buy some guns. We couldn't find a gun any where, so we all bought atvs, and we were driving them around and came across the pd. It happened to have every door open at the time so we explored the whole place. We then saw there was a vault that said it had $30,000 in it and we knew we needed that. So we pressed e on it and placed all the props we could blocking the door. It was at about 2 mins in we heard the cops yelling our rp names and saying it was our props. We got scared because we had no clue any player could see whose prop it was, we thought only admins could do that. So we stayed there blocked inside then one of my friends has a votekick on him. He leaves the game right away hoping it would void it. Next a votekick on me comes up and I get votekicked, and that was the end of my first day on chronet. A few weeks later I joined back minged more and got a 2 month ban.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Old Old x 3
  12. A2

A2 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Sydney Hughes
    January 15, 2013. (at the latest)

All I remember from that day is trying to revive someone while being a pharmacist.

Good times.

• Old Old x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. P0PION

P0PION Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeff Lansky
    After 2 years of playing random DarkRp servers, sometime in 2015, I was looking for another to join, then I saw Chronet, I always liked the "city" maps at that time, so, I joined it, since I didn't know much about how to do "semi-serious" Rp, I made my name "Rolling Fish", after a few minutes of playing, an admin made me change my name, so, I changed it to Jeff Morning, from then, I kept opening all-day Breakfast restaurants, until I encountered the and it sorta went down-hill for me, until I became a slave for the Hives, and I got recruited a month later. (This is all on V1). So, then it took off from there.

• Old Old x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. UltraRobot

UltraRobot Member

Roleplay name:
    Kael Ilphelkiir
    I don't remember much from my first day on Chronet, but I do remember I started playing back when the server was using Rockford v1 and the Richards were the most powerful organization/family on the server.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Old Old x 3
  15. Medic

Medic Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    I remember when I was newer, I commonly saw the entire Richards org in their Blue $500,000+ cars parked in GM parking lot like a car show and everyone praising them. Seemed like after summer 2015 99% of them quit.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Old Old x 3
  16. Hades

Hades Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Nikolai Botanski
    Yeah, but there's always that org that tries to jump to that top spot, even if none of them are ever as rich as the Richards were.

• Old Old x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Brunnea

Brunnea Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Nisha Clarke
    after a few days of playing TTT, i decided to try out darkrp
    i saw 'semi-seriious' in the title and instantly had flashbacks to another game that is the worst thing in all of creation.

i joined up, wanted to become an ERU(because firefighters duhhhh), and waited that entire time my first run on the server.

It was super uneventful, I didn't talk much, not many people said hello, and I kept to myself. Didn't meet anyone until my second-third day when I ran across Barney Delrose who got into a little bit of trouble with a certain @InfantHades1 and uh... I'll spare you the details.

But over the next few weeks months I became very well known for being an ERU... and only an ERU.
    i should reclaim that title looking back.

• Old Old x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Hades

Hades Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Nikolai Botanski
    I REMEMBER!!!

• Old Old x 3
  19. LingoFre$h

LingoFre$h Member

Roleplay name:
    Cj Hampton
    Figuring out how to get money and getting accused of being @Khypher smh.

• Funny x 3
    • Old x 3
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
  20. GIMME DAT BASS

GIMME DAT BASS Premium Member

November of 2015. Rockford v1. I joined, an admin tp'd me to roof of GM, told me to change my last name, I jumped off the roof, he tp'd me back, threatened to ban me so I changed my name. I became a news cameraman... and had my first interaction with a Chronet RDM Squad crime family. They RDM'd me for simply having my camera out.

• Old Old x 3
    • Like Like x 1