1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Read the sticky before posting a staff application!

[Withdrawn] Scary Clown's Admin Application

Discussion in 'Closed Staff Applications' started by Scary Clown, Apr 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scary Clown

Scary Clown Active Member

Your In-Game name:
    Scary Clown - Ben Bruce
    Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:51093944
    Country & Timezone:
    United States of America. Eastern Time (UTC-05:00)
    Server Playtime:
    Playtime: 78614 minutes | 1310.23 hour(s) | 54.59 day(s)
    Almost 8 weeks :)
    Past Experience:
    I've been an administrator on multiple minecraft servers when I was younger (never again). I've managed multiple facebook pages, I was senior officer in multiple mobile games as well (competitive mobile games where you actually needed to do things). I am also the leader of a corporation in eve online, which is a very very in depth game so managing a corporation is actually a fairly intense process extremely similar to real life.
    Have you donated?
    Yes, $30 (expired)
    Why do you think you deserve to be admin?
    1. I have been a member of the Chronet community for 2 years (2 1/2 if you count first server login) and I plan on staying within the Chronet community for millennium to come. The only reasons I have ever gone inactive are due to my computer breaking.
    2. I am online almost every day, for a good period of time. A lot of the problems with administrators these days are related to activity, if I get the admin position (and well, even if I don't) I will remain an active member of the Chronet community and not suffer from the sudden withdrawal from Chronet that other admins have.
    3. I attempt to RP often on the server. I do admit, I am required to base a fair bit to make money but that's just game mechanics of the server. I have role played with multiple admins and members of the community, even though a lot of the current community doesn't exactly know how to role play, I've made a few attempts.
    4. I know the rules very well and I follow them/help others follow them as best as I can (not being able to vote kick anymore has made this a bit harder). I also assist newer players in learning Chronet's custom game mechanics.
    5. I am not bias biased or affiliated with any family or major organization within the server. I do not take into account my opinions towards other people when giving them bans and will uphold Chronet policy as best as possible, regardless of my past experience with players as a non-admin.
    6. I'm very patient when dealing with other players, during an admin sit I will freeze everyone involved and have a calm ordered conversation and here all sides of the story before making judgment based on the evidence provided.
    7. As an admin I will respond to calls as much as possible, if not always because even administrators are players too.
    8. I'm very familiar with the current staff team and veteran players of the Chronet community, even if some of them aren't familiar with me ;)
    Extra notes:
    If you're going to remain neutral, tell me what qualities you'd like to see from me in the future. If you're going to reply with a -1 please explain why and tell me how to better improve. I'm willing to adapt to what the Chronet community needs and desires from it's potential administrators.
    Also, in the past I have displayed some rather childish behavior during my time on Chronet, trust me when I say that is not longer the case as I've matured greatly. As a last note, if you are going to
    +1 (Thanks in advance) please inform me what qualities you like to see and what you'd like to see more of.

Also- Permission from simple has been obtained regarding my previous 1 day ban (from 2014)

Thank you all for taking the time to read this post, I hope to see you all on the server and create some good roleplay experiences.
    Don't bother to reply if your only intent is to troll.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Marshal Mallow
    Neutral until I can get to know you more. Despite us being friends, I'm not too sure on this one yet.

3. Hammy

Hammy Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Hammy Baker
    Neutral. Personally have never seen you on the server / never rped with you.

4. Medic

Medic Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    I'm going to have with neutral. I heard you just recently came out of inactivity? I don't know, but I don't really know you that well so I'd like to play with you more before I make a final decision. I see you in game often, but I'd just like to get to know you better. I have nothing negative to say, so I'm currently leaning towards +1. We need more active staff, I just would like to be 100% sure on each app. See you in game :)

5. Metro Boomin

Metro Boomin Well-Known Member

Yeah my last experience with you wasn't too great. "stfu squeak" -1

6. aidcon

aidcon Retired Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Swan Ronson
    Currently it is going to be a -1 from me. This is not my final decision, but constantly spamming OOC with "get banned for toxic behavior" doesn't leave a good impression on you. I know you are just doing this as a joke, but that is not what how an admin should conduct himself. I will continue to play with you more and hopefully you can change my opinion.

7. Scary Clown

I'm online every day, if you haven't seen me that's most likely due to your own inactivity. However if I catch you online and see you roleplaying, I'd love to get involved.

I don't recall this, however if that happens to be your ownly experience with me you can recall maybe you should attempt to contact me in game and we can roleplay some time. I apologize for this type of behavior, but I promise wholeheartedly this will not continue in my future with the chronet community.

Yes, I did recently come out of inactivity. As mentioned in my admin application, my computer actually broke and it was most definitely not a "vacation". If you want to get to know me better send me a PM on the forum or even message me on steam/in game. I'm willing to answer any questions you may have and roleplay with you.

I understand your concern here, however I'd like to defend myself in saying that the frequency I say that at is not nearly enough for it to even be considered spam. Thank you for the feedback and I will stop this behavior as I realize it has annoyed some of my fellow players in the chronet community. I'd like to suggest you come online more often, you have been online but not nearly enough to make an accurate decision reflecting someones eligibility to become an administrator. If you online at the same time as me please shoot me a steam message/PM and I will if available roleplay with you.

(might I add as admin I will attempt to do as many event as possible without disrupting the gameplay of other players)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Silvershine

Silvershine Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Danny Silvershine
    In regards to this application for a position on Chronet administration, I'd have to say that I'm going to go neutral
    • The applicant shows that he is willing to change to the desires and needs of the commuinty. "I'm willing to adapt to what the chronet community needs and desires from it's potential administrators." (Leans towards +1)

• I'd like to see a little bit more story line when it comes down to past experience as a minecraft administrator, also and give an example of a situation that was really difficult to take care of, but you nonetheless succeeded in justifying (What was your hardest issue to solve as a minecraft admin, and what was it, and how did you go about solving it.) (Leans towards neutral)

• I'd also would like to see this in screenshot forum, so I may see your level forum activity and responsibility, because I feel as an administrator you're most likely going to have to be on forums constantly, and planning events and things of the nature on a daily basis. "Also- Permission from simple has been obtained regarding my previous 1 day ban (from 2014)" (Leans towards neutral until evidence has been provided I shall not +1. If the evidence is then provided by the Op (Original Poster), I shall then add this point as a +1)

• I will also test this individual on his knowledge of the rules in either a steam chat conversation or a forum conversation,in which I will screenshot and edit to go along with my post, so those who would like to know if he is knowledgeable of the rules and guidelines, may wait until I do so. ;)(Leans towards neutral) :D

• I don't mean to nit pick or be a jackass, but I'd expect that if I or many others were to reply, that I we'd be asked to voice our honest opinion. We would also be asked to take the honest criticism that other players will provide. So I'm just going to point out, that even if your computer was broken...why would you not use your phone or another device to access the forums? I have only been here for 7 months, but then again, how is it possible that I have more post then you? I would guess that you didn't have access to other electronic devices, but then again I'd have to ask you. I will also add that your forum account was made in 2014, so how did you not have access to forums throughout those two years? (Leans towards neutral) :)

• I'm not going to lie, but this makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. (Troll County Trolls Departments?) #Don'tlooklikeatrollm8 (Note: I'm not saying your a troll, but would you care to explain this?) (Leans towards -1) :(:facepalm::eek: Troll County..JPG

• Like Like x 1
  9. Scary Clown

Thank you for responsing with such a lengthy and carefully written post, I'd like to respond to each and every one of your points.

• I am indeed willing to change and conform to the current needs and desires of the chronet community.
    • My hardest issue to solve as a minecraft admin was when another higher ranked administrator was being biased in his bans and relatively corrupt, so I had a very difficult time gathering enough evidence and enough sway within the community to actually have him demoted and permanently banned. Also when I was the only admin online for a full server (much like chronet can be at time) and I had to deal with multiple admin situations at once.
    • I actually gained permission through @double0Zero and didn't think anybody would ask me to screenshot.. so we'll have to wait for his confirmation. However I assure you it would be very very silly to post this without simples permission as there would be no chance of acceptance.
    • I'll gladly be quizzed on the rules of the server (even the unwritten ones).
    • I did not access the forums very often in my early chronet life, but my playtime goes to show that I was most definitely not inactive. I contacted my friends from chronet via steam.
    • I get invited to groups a lot and I guess I accepted that one a long while ago not realizing it'd actually impact anything, I'll be leaving it immediately.

10. Apollo

Apollo Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Franky Wright
    +1 for sure. Knew you before you quit playing and still know you now. Yes you have have made mistakes, but everyone is bound to make mistakes. Keep it up

11. Scary Clown

Thank you for the positive reply, I'd like to once again state that the type of behavior displayed in the past will no longer be displayed and I will make decisions based off the benefit and happiness of the chronet community.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Medic

Medic Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    I understand where you're coming from. I saw you had bans but I pretty much ignored it right away once I saw it was from 2014.

13. Goldwolves

Goldwolves Member

Knew you for awhile and you seem chill
    +1 from me

14. Shezza

Shezza Member

+1. he's actually pretty damn helpful.

15. TheTrumpMeister

TheTrumpMeister Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Vincent Luciano
    He was active around 2014 and he's active now, as I see him on almost everyday. He can be very informative to new players. Not to mention he's also a funny guy once you get to him. +1

• Like Like x 1
  16. SCORPEANrtd

SCORPEANrtd Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    Right... So to be honest, I don't remember, well, really anything of you from a year back or further.
    You've JUST come back after not even posting a single thread in nearly a year... Now all of a sudden you post an admin application?
    To be completely honest, since you've come back, pretty much all i've noticed from you is childish and trollish behaviour, constantly. Whether it be the forums, server, Teamspeak, or in Private Messages. Now, to be fair, i've not seen much from you at all, but the thing is, 95% of what i've seen has just been immature fucking about, and most of it seems like an attempt to get a rise out of someone.
    Considering you've never once posted a ban request, I can't really find any reason currently to even remain neutral.
    I'm going to have to go with a -1 on this.

PS:
    Why the mix-up?

Keep in mind i'm open for change, but this is simply what i've viewed in the short time you've been back.

17. Scary Clown

Could you note where I've displayed childish or trollish behavior on the forums? Also my private messages to you and TS behavior was intended to be jokes to an old friend (but you forgot who I was), my apologies if you didn't find me humorous or were actually offended. I also returned to chronet about two weeks ago, I haven't exactly JUST returned. Had you more activity on the server you'd actually have seen more activity from me. I try to create a positive roleplay environment when possible on the server, maybe you could log in some time and join in with me? I admit, some of my behavior is rather immature and "trollish". As I've stated and recently shown in the past few days, it's coming to a stop and I'm now completely focused on creating positive roleplay and improving the chronet community. I also do agree, I need to make more threads on the forums.

Regarding my permission from simple through double, the only mix-up is in your understanding of what was said. I obtained permission from simple through double.

18. SCORPEANrtd

SCORPEANrtd Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    Could have sworn you were the one posting "Banned for toxic behavior" and similar quotes in the chatbox, and on statuses, no?
    Talked with you on Steam about this, I think you now agree that it wasn't just that.
    To be honest, i'd consider that "JUST" returning... Considering the timespan of things... Two weeks isn't a long time in this community. Had I been on, I probably wouldn't have even noticed you were on, hell, I didn't even realize someone I know hasn't been in school for over 2 Months until people were talking about it just the other day...
    Was on earlier today, I don't recall seeing you on? In any case, i'm sure you've come across people who deserve a form of punishment at any point of you being on Chronet, but yet, 0 ban requests... And being a complete troll in OOC or otherwise, certainly isn't creating a positive roleplay environment.
    While it may be some, it's all the behavior i've seen from you since i've known you've been back. So you get back on the forums, and after half the time you've been back (on the forums at least) you decide "oh, i'm starting to stop, i'm almost done trolling", seriously? You can't just act like a troll and then a couple days later decide "Hey, i'm actually not a troll guys, oh btw you should +1 me or be neutral or something".
    Alright.

19. Scary Clown

1. I believe I posted "banned for toxic behavior" once or twice in the chat box, but only when other people were making the joke about it. However that does not justify this behavior and as stated I will refrain from it in the future.
    2. Yes, I agree that I got a bit out of hand I'd like to once again apologize.We must have missed each other, as you said in steam you weren't online for more than an hour.
    3. I do agree, however my activity and behavior can be monitored closely during the time this application is up which should be around 1-3 months
    4. I really do agree with you on this one, every gaming session I have is recorded and I really should post more ban requests. However, I've called admins who were online multiple times to come deal with rule breakers or I've tried to deal with them myself using in game means (within the guidelines of the rules, RDM does not justify RDM).
    5. None of my posts on the forums have been trollish and I only wrote anything in the chatbox a few times here and there when everybody else was also joking around. I've also decided I'm not "almost" done, I am completely and 100% done with any sort of immature behavior. I will most definitely not be displaying this type of behavior any time within the next decade. I also encourage any and all feedback, I do not mind the -1's if I didn't get any I wouldn't be able to improve and adapt to the wants and needs of chronet.
    6. Seems like we both agree here
    Thank you for the feedback, I really do realize I need to make some behavioral changes before this application can even be considered accepted. I'd really appreciate being able to play with you on the server in the next few days weeks, months or even years. Hopefully I can change your opinion of me and really display my ability to help improve the community as a whole.

20. Markoozy

Markoozy Retired Sever Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marko Milosevic
    Neutral. Too tired to explain. Leave me alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.