1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Read the stickies before posting or replying to a ban appeal! Not doing so could lead to a forum ban.

Why was i ban?

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by thatakwardguy787, Apr 21, 2017.

1. thatakwardguy787

thatakwardguy787 Member

Steam name: thatakwardguy787
    Roleplay name: John Hawkings
    Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:147714510
    Server banned from: Chronet Darkrp
    Invoked on:
    2017-04-19 21:35 (btw i wasnt even on at that time)
    Ban length: PERMANENT
    Ban reason:Hacking?????
    Banned by admin:Scorpean
    Reason you think you should be unbanned: SO AM FREAKING OUT BECAUSE I COME HOME TO PLAY CHRONET AND SEE AM BANNED FOR HACKING!! Now i dont even know what happened I played normally the day befpre cooked some bread in game and made money the normal things but apparently i was hacking please help am young and i dont know anything about hacking and + were i live in Switzerland i cant even try hacking and wont cause if you get caught your going to jail and i just want help cause i didnt do anything and i dont know what hapened i mean i was afk for 3mins while i went to take my pizza is that considered hacking please help! Also I haven't and never will use any program to cheat because I hate people who do that and I like chronet and would never risk being banned

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  2. LoxxyBabey

LoxxyBabey Member

Dude chill. I know I'm not supposed to post in these. But the "hacking" is really called "cheating" where you use a third party program to cheat in a game. I highly doubt that it's illegal in your country. Chill ;)

3. thatakwardguy787

thatakwardguy787 Member

i didnt even know that existed and it is illegal in my country anything cyber hacking or cheating is very strict and sorry but am really stressed

4. LoxxyBabey

LoxxyBabey Member

Highly unlikely. I would appreciate if you or someone else could link me to some sort of archive of Swiss legislation. Anywho, usually laws apply to hacking into someone's computer or a server. This means that if you were to hack into Chronet itself it would be illegal. Cheating would be very difficult to as the only way to enforce someone being arrested for "cheating in a videogame" (which isn't actually hacking) would be through the terms of service. However the terms of service only states that cheating will result in a ban, therefore the authorities would not have the authority to arrest you for cheating as what you did wasn't exactly legally binding nor is Simple going to try to sue you. As far as I can tell "cheating" is not illegal. Which is what you've been accused of doing even though it is referred to as "hacking" due to the common term of "hacker".
    Here are the definitions of the two words -
    Cheat
    1. 1.
      Act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage.
      "she always cheats at cards"
    Hack
    1. 2.
      Gain unauthorized access to data in a system or computer.
    I guarantee you that if you were being accused of "hacking" the ban would be by Simple and he or NFOServers would be taking legal action against you. However you were banned for Cheating. Which to the best of my knowledge is not an offence anywhere except possibly South Korea.

Hope that helps. I do not believe you committed any crimes nor are you being accused of doing so. So please calm down and explain to your parents that the ban reason means "cheating" which is not a criminal offence as oppose to "hacking" and for them to not worry about it as cheating is not a big deal in the eyes of the law or even the internet. It's simply a taboo and looked down upon.

Now if you would like to claim that you did not cheat, then I cannot help you except tell you that this is not a criminal offence.

Regards,
    Loxxy.

5. thatakwardguy787

thatakwardguy787 Member

Thank you for clearing it up tho it's not illegal i still haven't cheated or used any program to cheat in game which is why am still confused because i was ban when I didn't use any program to cheat so thats why am stressed and confused about this whole situation but thanks for clearing it up to my parents
    Thanks Alot!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  6. Medic

Medic Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
  7. Jack Traid

Jack Traid Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Jack Traid
  8. SCORPEANrtd

SCORPEANrtd Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    It's listed in the comments of the ban

9. Medic

Medic Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    @Kai can you translate his detection so I can understand lmao
    Clientside Lua Execution: Debug library integrity check #8 failed (13038).