1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the VCMod situation?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Simple, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Simple

Simple Founder Forum Moderator

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    So I know VCMod has updated and changed a few times since I've done work on the server.

Do you guys like their system better? Or can integrate the 2?

I'm seeing something relating to needing parts and wrench to fix car. Sounds similar to the legacy system. But drivers get a wrench when entering car?

Spike strips as well - I can make it so you can pick them up properly, etc? What's the deal with them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Nahver

Nahver Member

Roleplay name:
    Elias Burning
    Currently anything besides the actual health of the car itself needs a part to be fixed, and the parts of the car break VERY EASILY. Like a light on the back, or a muffler that constantly puffs and makes me want to shoot someone. The only way to fix it currently is to respawn the car entirely at GM. The wrench lets us fix the health of the car.
    Current strips are nice, but they damage players and you cannot find out who placed them, and you can also place them as a cop, resign, and pick them up as a civ.
    New system is cool, the features just need to be tweaked, like tow truck drivers being able to supply parts to fix the different parts of the car, and being able to identify who placed what spike strip.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Hades

Hades Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Nikolai Botanski
    You need to be able to tell who placed spike strips. Cops are abusing them and we can't tell who did it. In addition, you can only repair the engine of a car with the wrench you get upon entering a car. Anything else requires parts. Finally, repair kits do not repair tires, which can be annoying considering there is no possible way to repair popped tires other than respawning a car. And cars bought from the GM sometimes spawn without gas when first bought. That's about all I can think of at the moment. I'll have more later though. Probably.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    The repair-kit system was 'implemented' last time you did the VCmod update on the forums.

It only fixes the health of the car to 100%, nothing else. This has been an issue for quite a while now.
    I understand that you've been busy, but this was an issue even before you left.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Clorox Bleach

Clorox Bleach Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Osama Gambino
    Video of spike strip bug

6. ShadowStorm

ShadowStorm Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Wilfrid Clarkson
    Repair kits are once again not fixing popped tires.

7. Metro Boomin

Metro Boomin Well-Known Member

WIPE

8. beanycheese

beanycheese Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Maxine Westen
    It's hard to pick up spike strips honestly I just don't use them as cop. Also the vcmod where everyone gets a wrench has significantly lowered the stuff that the road service workers can do. And if your tires pop you're dead, and it takes forever to tow those with the tires popped and the sounds it makes sounds bad. So basically as road service worker you don't really repair anymore just tow which is ok I guess but not great I think the earlier vcmod was fine.