1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What next?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Simple, Jul 28, 2018.

1. ping

ping Member

Roleplay name:
    Luna Czosnyka
    interesting

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. M8TO

M8TO Member

Roleplay name:
    Robert Weber
    I have to aggree with what alot of the others said. If you CAN, bring the old server back with a few adjustments. Don't try to give time and funding to the server when there is none to give to it. Bring the old server back and build from that point on.

3. Sebastian Prome

Sebastian Prome Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Bodhi Pow
    If everyone does they're part of recruiting old players and we still (attempt to) strive to make Chronet V2, then I am definitely down to reopen Chronet. However, the problem is if the server reopens a lot of Chronet's members have a lack of excitement or spirit for Chronet at its current state. And if we reopen it seems it will take a very long time for us to even be at a state for Chronet V2 to be even possible. Chronet V1 is no longer fun for a lot of Chronet's members due to lack of activity, lack of old players, lack of updates, repetitive boring gameplay for a lot of people, etc. Maybe if we increase recruitment somehow through advertisement or other methods Chronet could get more activity and make the server more enjoyable. The problem is Chronet V1 if reopened will stay V1 for a very long time (if not forever) and we will most likely repeat what has happened only in way less time, not to mention it might seal the fate of ending Chronet. If we wish to ensure survival to Chronet the best way is to start looking for developers as soon as possible and encouraging donations for people that wish to see the server back and as V2. We can put all the donation money towards looking for devs and recruitment. But for ChronetV2 to least be a thing or successful we need recruitment to skyrocket.
    Edit: One other way to save chronet while keeping your members in check and entertained is by reopening he server and doing updates as frequent as possible. You can keep them entertained by looking in the suggestion forum which has been neglected for multiple years and adding a lot of those suggestions to make the players happy, updates frequent, and the server ultimately more enjoyable and progressive. By doing this you can keep the player base entertained for a pretty long time due to the large amount of suggestions and the sheer demand for updates. This will most likely give you enough time to look for devs in your free time or when your doing what I said above. But if you find devs before you reopen and do my suggestion then they can work while your keeping the players/server in check and all you necessarily have to do is give feedback on the devs progress and look through suggestions.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  4. Sam Behner

Sam Behner Member

Roleplay name:
    Sam Behner
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Han SoloQueue

Han SoloQueue Member

Maybe you need a sponsor or a partnership?

SCA-Clan (CS:GO) and Just Cause 2: Survival District had end into the same fate for closing themselves down for not having enough funds for the server and maintenance.

6. Mr.City

Mr.City Member

I'd like to give everyone a little story. Over 3 years ago, I discovered Chronet with my friends. I was instantly fascinated with the overwhelming popularity and hilarious community. My friends and I instantly started playing this game at every free moment we had, which was a lot of time. Now we knew how great Chronet was (And still can be). But it became more apparent how actually amazing we had it, when we couldn't play it anymore. Hell, I would go so far as to say I knew the Chronet map more than my own town. I ended up become the mayor, and a favorite person to a lot of people in the community. Needless to say, Chronet was a lifestyle to a lot of people, and not just a server. With that being said, I think that you should just do a complete revert back to the old (Better) map, and everything else. The system that we had was perfect. It was enjoyable. We need it back. No matter what, I will not give up on Chronet and I don't think that anyone wants to see it go.

7. Eric Yang

Eric Yang Member

The only reason why this server failed is because of your idiot decision to bring in terrible admins without even checking if they were good or not. These admin's single handedly destroyed this server and it's community. These admins would be completely biased and would make decisions that would benefit themselves the most. You also do close to nothing to change it. You leave it to be and even when the server went to shit you did nothing. Even if our community was cancer and shitty, at least we had a community. We had people that loved the server so much that they stayed for years. How is it that we have people that play on your server for years on end but the second you hire a shitty staff team, the server goes down. Think about it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    Im willing to help you code simple

• Winner Winner x 4
  9. MJstevens

MJstevens Member

*pinches self* to make sure i'm not dreaming.

10. Tristan Barros

Tristan Barros Member

Roleplay name:
    Tristan Barkley
    lol agreed

11. Thicc Krillin

Thicc Krillin Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Bill Tweedle
    yeah just put the server up i wanna feel cool by building some house in the water

12. Simple

Simple Founder

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    Hi everyone. Been thinking a lot about how to go about the relaunch. I'm going to be speaking to Ozy, A2 and Kai, since they're going to be our developers.
    We'll also to need choose a Community Manager, or at least somebody in the meanwhile to help with admin selection and being in charge of staff, etc.

Another thing I'd like to say. I'm receiving lots of PMs about potential staff and what to do in order to revive the community etc. A lot of these messages shouldn't be directed at me, but rather to the community. I'm trying to step out of my management role and hand over the reigns to the community. So let's do this together rather than running everything through me.
    For example, as above, I'm sure everyone is happy with Kai, A2 and Ozzy taking over development, right?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Tommo

Tommo Retired Trial Admin

Roleplay name:
    Lolcouch Lampshade
    I'm happy to see those three people dev for the server , and i'll gladly rejoin the staff team.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Ash Conway
    The only real development work I can do is modelling and texturing, I know next to nothing about Lua.
    If you can, could you hit me up over PMs or Steam at some point for further discussion?

• Like Like x 1
  15. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    This is epic
    I nominate @Kai or @Aluminum , also @Christ ...... fuck it why not all three of them, but they are gonna need more perms as said in the past.... I just want to see shit get done ;)
    I love this idea, staff apps are great and all but most of the time it seems to come down to staffs opinion on the player who is applying, so this seems epic and fair :).... I cant wait to see who wants to apply ;0
    Yes, I am more than happy they are all more than talented :)

16. Aluminum

Aluminum Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    June Wright
    Considering this, would it be possible to give someone other than yourself permissions to add/remove administrative ranks on SourceBans and the server? Trusted, high ranking administrators need more permissions like that if you want the server to run smoothly while you're gone. Also, developers will probably need access to the gamemode, a test server and server tools (for restarting the server, applying updates, etc.)

I understand there's trust issues involved with giving people other than yourself permissions to do these things, but it's essential if you're not going to have an active part in Chronet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    We need this considering the fact that @Simple tool way to long to demote and promote people, obviously the person with control shouldn't be calling all the shots but this is a good idea

18. Aluminum

Aluminum Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    June Wright
    Of course, as @Ozymandias said earlier it would be a group of people (most likely community management) making democratic decisions about the server.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Angel but also Devil

Angel but also Devil Retired Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Angel Delrose
    This could work, and has a chance to revive Chronet so I’m with it

• Like Like x 1
  20. Vhondy

Vhondy Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Matt Czosnyka
    Seems like a plan bossman