1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What next?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Simple, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Canadian-bacon

Canadian-bacon Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    I wanna see the server full. 64/64

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. George

George Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    OPTIMISM IS GOOD! KEEP ON GOING BACON OF THE CANADIAN!

3. Killa5250YT

Killa5250YT Member

I would like to see Chronet return, as though I spent hours and hours playing Chronet and I enjoyed spending my time on Chronet. Although I can also understand if Simple doesn’t have the time and/or resources. If I had a recommendation, I would recommend possibly making a donation page on the forums and/or a go fund me page. Raising money and allowing more permissions will help with two of the addressed problems. If I had a recommendation for the development I would personally like to see the wire mod added.

4. George

George Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    [​IMG]
    There's already a donation page, and plenty of people used it. He doesn't need a gofundme to add some small, new features. I'm guessing by more permissions you mean for staff, if that's so I agree completely. I couldn't care less if a wire mod got added or didn't get added.

5. Thorny

Thorny Member

Just gonna cut in here and say that I think he's talking about an actual donation page where anyone can donate whatever amount of money they want. Not just packages.

6. Medic

Medic Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    I think for gathering money for a dev he was referring to like a GoFund me or something like that. Our premium is way too cheap to fund a outside dev

7. Thorny

Thorny Member

Basically what I was referring to. There's no way to fund a dev with those package prices.

8. George

George Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    When enough people buy them, like they did, yes there's..

9. Thorny

Thorny Member

I'm not sure if you're familiar with hiring gmod devs, especially professional ones, but they are extremely expensive. Simple may know some people to hire for quite cheap who can still get the job done, but most likely it's something that will not be affordable by just purchasing packages. Is it possible? Yes, of course. Only if the server can sustain itself again like it had in the past. Which is why I think it'd be best to create a donation page where you can enter any desired amount, or a gofundme to fund community advancements. Simple could also maybe add more packages for people to purchase, but that's all up to him at this point.

10. Canadian-bacon

Canadian-bacon Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    We had an outside dev willing to do it for free, multiple. What happened to them.

11. sphofner

sphofner Member

I've been a long time member of this server. Started playing this server when I was probably in the 8th or 9th grade with my friends, and I'm now College Sophomore. So Chronet holds a lot of importance to me, and although my playtime has dwindled over the years, I still love hopping on and causing havoc every once in a while. As cool as the new large map is, I would love to see the server return to basics with the Rockford map. Everything about that map was perfect. Plenty of places to bases, an awesome police department, and the main street with the hospital that all types of nonsense went down on. I would love to see this server continue to prosper and keep providing people with wonderful memories just like the ones I cherish during my time on this server. If it doesn't come back, thank you Simple, and the admin staff for helping a great server prosper for as long as it did.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    we dont even need an outside dev
    theres currently 3 who are available for free
    and all 3 are over qualified

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Medic

Medic Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    I’m just repeating the idea he threw out there

14. YaPickleBoi

YaPickleBoi Member

I’d feel bad if this is weighing you down, then I’d say dont put it back up. If its not much of a hastle then of course!

15. Soldierdude727

Soldierdude727 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Howbout No

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Jim1h

Jim1h Member

Yeah, why not reopen that would be nice

17. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    the man speaks to the people once more

18. Lt. Falco Lombardi

Lt. Falco Lombardi Member

Roleplay name:
    Morgan Morand
    The one day I don't check the website, and this all happens.

I was gonna try and come up with some psuedo-deductive-reasoning-type response, or some flower-y poetry about memories on the server, but I feel the most genuine thing for me to do would be to say something simple (no pun intended); I would love to see the server return.

Maybe it's for entirely selfish reasons, but whatever the case I missed all the nights on Rockford and the colorful cast this server offered. There was one server before I joined Chronet - one that had similar custom content and a unique experience of its own - and the thought of losing two servers that I've become invested in is something I try not to think about.

Of course, anyway I could help, be it me specifically or me as just a part of the whole...

19. Dylan

Dylan Active Member

Glad to see the community is so supportive of this. While I haven't played on Chronet in years (and probably don't intend to), I'm still happy so many people care for this little community.

With that said, you need to let someone handle administrative/developmental duties for you. It's obvious you're at a point in your life where you don't have as much time for this as you used to, even if your intentions are good. Letting someone take the reins, updating the server, interacting with players and whatnot would do wonders for this community, and make it feel alive. I'm not gonna pretend to know the logistics behind this, so it could be completely unfeasible. Just my two cents.

Wish you all the best of luck with this :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. gunshotsky 4

gunshotsky 4 Member

I don't know what to say, after so many months of you being gone, I kinda left GMod as a whole and left to other games, like many others did.
    I'm surprised you still give enough of a shit to make this post, but I mean, if you open it up, I might have to give Gmod a try again.
    I say bring up the server, with that juicy server wipe, so it's fair for all incoming players, and it'd give it that new Chronet smell.
    Good luck Simple, Best wishes.

• Agree Agree x 2