1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What next?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Simple, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Vox

Vox Member

yo re open the server

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Goldwolves

Goldwolves Member

it's nice to see a community that still going strong even when the server hasn't been up for several months. i haven't played for a long time but ill be looking forward to getting on again if it ever comes back

3. Turska

Turska Well-Known Member

Opening up the server doesn't really hurt much if the other option is to close down. Also starting small and simple is needed, as you don't have much time for Chronet or to develop major content for the server.

Community driven server sounds great if its done right. Example, community can vote for pre-made content they want to see implemented to the server.
    Also i can't urge you enough to pick your "right hand" who can say the last word in administrator/ community matters.

ps. Inner part of me craves the old lite serious darkrp CSN experience, specially i want to use grapple hook again :D

4. Simple

Simple Founder

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    As some people have said above, even if I don't have tons of time to commit to Chronet at the moment; I feel by reopening the server with some good staff and developers along side me, we can really push ahead with some good intentions and I'm sure opportunities will pop up as we go along.

Thanks for all the positive posts :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jewish Boy

Jewish Boy Member

I used to love this server, but it's exactly this, stopping to care is what killed the server. You're past the point of no return, there's no reviving this server. It will never be as popular as it first was, and you need to close this website, and the server because you need to move onto bigger and better things. Just delete this shit. -OreoLivesOn

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Daniel Bizarro
    lol just close chronet honestly

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Brenadryl

Brenadryl Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Bren Hiraeth
    It feels like at this point Chronet is going in circles of death and revival with shitstorms in between.
    That being said, maybe reopening the server back up would be good. Not a lot of people play Garry's Mod anymore so I doubt it will be like how it was player wise but who knows what will happen.
    Optimism is key, I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Deaconator

Deaconator Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    jake conway
    gamers rise up for chronet

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. John Stephens

John Stephens Member

When I got the email about this post I got hype af. If server re-opens I will be playing for a long ass time. Thanks Simple.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tony Verducci

Tony Verducci Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Tony Verducci
    Re open the server. Stock it with competent staff that are capable of unbiased decisions. Find a co-owner that can run the server when you're not available.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. George

George Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    So Deaconator and Ritz? Oh, and James Gambino ofc.
    Wake up you need to make money??

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    [​IMG]

13. Mook

Mook Member

Roleplay name:
    Michael Ferrari
    I just think Re-Open the Server how it was before but with the Wipe.

14. hammer_wolf

hammer_wolf Member

Roleplay name:
    Stephano Botanski
    Re open it

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Naillik

Naillik Premium Member

Definitely bring Chronet back, I might have joined late but it still was a hell of a lot of fun, so I say open it back up, and I think many people would probably agree.
    --- Post updated ---
    Oh also I bought a one-year premium membership back in March I think, so if it reopens, I'd like those perks ;)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Yuri

Yuri Member

I joined late but I really was gonna get into it right when I got banned I really want you to open it and if you don't you like gavin bean

17. =[MLG]= JordanPlaysMC™

=[MLG]= JordanPlaysMC™ Member

Roleplay name:
    Jordan Richards
    I'll do whatever I can to help coronet shutting it down is the last option I want to choose

18. woa is that khypher

woa is that khypher Member

i want to play on coronet pls simplesimplesimple

19. Thorny

Thorny Member

A community driven server sounds great, especially for Chronet as it has one of the most passionate and dedicated player bases out of any other server I have seen. Additionally, I do think that it’d be a great idea to create a wiki page for the community members to upload all sorts of cool and informative content for new players, such as myself. Also, a system should be put in place to allow users to create and upload their own addons for review into the servers via a public thread in its own special category. This way whilst you are busy, users within the community could help bring new content to light and other users will be able to vote on which types of addons they would like to see added into the servers..

In terms of staff, it’s a really good idea that you purged all of the staff members and are starting from scratch, as this allows a stronger structure for the new staff team when it is put in place. Without constant performance reviews on acting staff members, there is a high probability that a lot of “oldies” may no longer care for the community. Which brings me to my next point. A great addition or requirement for the future would be to assess each staff member individually every few weeks or months to see if they are still fit to be overseeing the community. Of course, something like this wouldn’t be your responsibility, but more of the Community Manager’s responsibility, whoever that/those individual(s) may be.

From all of the replies that I am reading on this thread, it seems that there are a lot of doubts that this server will grab any returning players. In past experiences running communities, server relaunches sometimes made the community stronger than what it was before. Now I’m not saying that this is a 100% type deal with Chronet or any community overall; however one will never truly know what type of impact a relaunch will have on a community until you actually go through with it. These impacts could be positive or they could be negative… but in the end, does it really matter if the server relaunch doesn’t do as well as you expected? Isn’t it better to take the chance of seeing this server up again with a possibility of it being as popular as it was before? In my honest opinion, I see this as an opportunity and not just a game of chance. If you really want to see Chronet succeed again, then I do truly think you should go with a relaunch and a fresh new staff team by your side to help manage the server and community.

Hopping over to the topic of discussion about hiring new developers. I do think that hiring a developer is a great idea, but considering from what I heard through posts about it not going so well the first time; I think it should wait until the server can sustain itself once again. This way the community could help contribute to any funds if they wish to have new custom content on the server.

Note: The players that say they are not rejoining for the server relaunch are already lost, so I wouldn't worry about them.
    From the way I see it, there’s more reward than risk at this point.

Anyways, for those of you that read all the way through; thanks and I hope you found my post helpful and informative.

- Thorny

• Like Like x 2
  20. Tommo

Tommo Retired Trial Admin

Roleplay name:
    Lolcouch Lampshade
    I think the best start to bringing back the server would be, 1. reform the staff team 2. open server 3. slowly bring more content on a bi weekly basis ( even if its just some thing small). that's the best thing we can hope for , for a successful relaunch .