1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What next?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Simple, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Ash Conway
    @Simple If things do get moving along again, I'd be more than willing to offer a helping hand.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Simple

Simple Founder

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    Well, things will be more community focused now, focusing and upgrading things that the community as a whole actually want, and hopefully we can get good discussions going on what that is.
    --- Post updated ---
    Appreciate it

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    sweet fuck is this actually happening

it is

fffffuck
    @Coolrune206

• Like Like x 1
  4. Finally

Finally Well-Known Member

Also, there is a disparity between the abilities needed by staff, and the abilities given to staff. This needs to be rectified, you need to give what would be considered the next batch of staff actual power, guidance, and authority to act rather than having to wait and see what you say. There also very much needs to be behavior guidelines in place for players, not unwritten but rather well written, stated rules, to prevent players from creating a void between staff and the player base.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Vhondy

Vhondy Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Matt Czosnyka
    I’m in for the long haul chief. Also how much money from a go fund me do you think you would need for a dev? but your best bet for now is just putting the server up with minor changes

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    Also obviously if you are putting up the server again you should wipe it so people have something to do, you should let people keep playtime hats they have in some way or another :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. SoulTurtle

SoulTurtle Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Mike Smith
    I believe the server wiped before it went down but if not then definitly should be wiped.

Good call ;)

8. BuzzKillerer

BuzzKillerer Active Member

Love that you posted this, highly recommend for you to put up the server, make adjustments to it over time, and of course wipe it. Chronet would be restored to its former self, and obviously according to the save chronet 2018 group the server still has a large community that is willing to come back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rondell

Rondell Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Tristan Hartmann
    I agree with @Brunnea, I mean I'd like to see Chronet come back, but if you're just aren't able to then it's better to just let it go instead of letting it suffer..

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    this isnt a pet its an online community.. it may be dead but it still exists... let it lay until there is no one around for ever and then end it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Canadian-bacon

Canadian-bacon Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    Sure dawg, grab the squad.

12. Ritz

Ritz Active Member

chronite here i come

13. Rondell

Rondell Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Tristan Hartmann
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. A2

A2 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Sydney Hughes
    @Simple I'm willing to lend a hand on the development side of things. It's the least I could do after being a part of this for the last four and a half years.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    That's both a bad idea financially and comminunally speaking.

Letting something slowly choke itself out till it finally suffocates is not a way to send something off. Especially if you cared for it/it was, at one point your pride and joy.
    It also hurts whatever community you once had. I can think of a formerly popular game I once played that has slowly strangled itself in stagnation because it was left to rot by the Creator. The playerbase have been feeling that grip of despair badly now as they know that not only will he not come back, he is passively preventing anyone from trying to revive his creation.

Strangulation is not a fun way to go either. Wasting away is... Unpleasant.

Not to mention leaving a server up when there is no demand is a money pit. Believe it or not, not everyone wants to toss their cash at something for kicks.

Don't half ass something like this. Either no ass it, find someone else to whole ass it, or whole ass it yourself.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Marshal Mallow
    Wot

Oh. Well then.

Sounds to me like you don't really have a lot of time to spend with the server, Simple, which is what I think Chronet's biggest issue in the past has been. Now, it sounds like you're going to be even busier than before. Which means that I can't really see this working unless you get someone else to really manage the server. I know it might seem like a good idea to let the community contribute, and it is, but if you're too busy to implement their suggestions or additions, then nothing much will change. You need to find a willing and capable individual and give them full authority to develop the server during periods where you can't, or else Chronet will simply stagnate again. No clue who that person is, but I'm sure you can find somebody.

• Like Like x 1
  17. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
  18. Chance

Chance Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    CHANCE ANDSHITTY
    I've been around from start so ill probably be around for finish, I sincerely hope that the staff team receive much needed permissions and leadership unlike what was happening last time.

Although at this point I highly doubt you trust me, if you need help somewhere ill gladly help.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Doctor Freeman

Doctor Freeman New Member

Roleplay name:
    Hans Gruber
    Yes. Re-opening the server would be a very interesting, fresh start for this server. This is probably the last opportunity for you and administration to release any huge updates along with the reboot itself.

I would much enjoy playing on this server again. Good luck in any endeavors you may pursue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. FilmsActionCZ

FilmsActionCZ Active Member

Bring it back up :D