1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you want from "Downtown Roleplay"?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Simple, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Simple

Simple Founder

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    So what does everyone want from the "Downtown Roleplay" / "Lite RP" server.

I know many have expressed complains about the new gun pack - Ok, we can switch back to old weapons.

Secondly I know crafting guns is a big turn off, especially with the increased ingredients required, etc. So basically we can return to selling weapons directly to the public? Maybe through the BMD or another method? Or making crafting much easier? Up to you guys.

Anything else?

(Also please note anybody making constantly negative remarks or 'chronet is ded memes' will be banned. It's not helping anyone)

2. Hako

Hako Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Tony Conway
    turn crafting off completely lite rp didnt even have that and i dont care for it either as its a tedious slog

gun dealer black market dealer and pharmacist is how we had it during lite rp and i wouldnt mind seeing it in action again

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Ritz

Ritz Active Member

the gun dealer job should be readded and the crafting removed because the mining is just a time sink that discourages being creative

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  4. PepeRonson

PepeRonson Member

Edit: I have now just realized he was speaking about the LiteRP server instead of the regular my bad. Leaving what I said so people understand why (I think) it was disagreed with.

You want frequent RDMers? Add back the gun dealer job because I have to imagine we have all went to a server with a gun dealer job and used our starting cash to buy a weapon. I say keep crafting the way you said it, with increased materials.

Edit: To add on, you wanted a server that is not the typical Dark RP server right? don't add jobs like the two above me are suggesting (maybe the pharmacist could have some use but besides healing products. what would they sell?)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Vhondy

Vhondy Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Matt Yutang
    Just copy and paste nitoria lite rp OR delete weapon crafting add gun dealer and other jobs back and actually make it LITE rp. Chronet right now is really just the normal stuff on a dark rp map

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    I want you to actually stick around this time instead of coming back doing something decent that can get like 20 people on it then hitting the dips once people start to buy premium again..... I'm not gonna get on this server and support the community if you keep fucking leaving every time you say you are gonna do something.....
    tl;dr
    Don't do this if you are gonna leave right when people start playing or buying premium again.... you need to be here at least once a day making sure everything is going good and be giving updates on how v2 is going (if it's even going)
    --- Post updated ---
    Or chronet lite RP that had less bugs and already worked way longer than nitoria did

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Aluminum

Aluminum Community Manager

Roleplay name:
    Carmen Sandiego
    • Rename the server and change it from “semi-serious roleplay” to “lite rp”
      • With Chronet V2 being semi serious, there’s no reason for this server to be semi serious as well. Just have the two servers separate from each other
    • Make crafting easier again (to what it was before)
    • Go back to the old weapon pack
    • Remove RP names on the lite rp server
    • Remove the quads
    • Re-add playtime hats
    • Perhaps an Easter egg hunt event with cosmetic prizes
    That’s all I can think of right now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. BlueberryMuffin

BlueberryMuffin Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Marsha Newman
    What people want is for you to stop fucking promising shit you're not gonna do. Stop disappearing. Stop saying "what u want" because we've already told you 5 million and a half times. Stop just grabbing at random strings to keep this place alive. If you have to go so far as to ask someone who has been community banned here for help instead of getting a real and good developer, and you can't even give them the proper permissions to do anything, why is this place even alive? You had everything you needed to make this place living again, and you denied all the help that was being thrown in your face. It hurts to see this place in such a state and nothing being done to fix it. It's all talk and no action.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  9. PepeRonson

PepeRonson Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. BlueberryMuffin

BlueberryMuffin Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Marsha Newman
    If he can't handle something being said straight then I guess he'll ban me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Christ

Christ Community Manager

Roleplay name:
    Damian Wright
    Literally just bring back everything from the LiteRP days. Copy/paste the old gamemode if you can. Everything from the gray jobs to the shitty UI. If it's an intermediary thing, it'd make it more of a nice look into the past for both new and old players alike. That's what I feel that most of us were hoping for, since it's not meant to last long. It gives us something easy and fun to dick around with until v2 becomes a thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    Agree with everything other than you shitting on Andrew for no reason

13. George

George Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    This.
    Literp pls

14. Medic

Medic Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    I don’t know if it’s possible, but going back to the actual LiteRP game mode would probably be ideal. I’m pretty sure 99% of everyone anticipated it’d be a reboot of the old game mode. Hopefully I’m not putting you on the spot with this, but I know Andrew has a game mode and I’ve played on it before and it’s pretty legit. If it’s an option and you can’t recover or relaunch the old content, I’d suggest that

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Timo

Timo Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Kate Hicks
    I pretty much agree with this. Maybe even go as far as adding back the Black Market Dealer for some smaller guns. Larger or automatic guns could remain crafting-only, allowing everyone to protect themselves with smaller arms, yet preventing everyone from raiding with automatic guns.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Simple

Simple Founder

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    Can't use the old "Lite RP" gamemode, it's broken and unoptimised as fuck due to all the GMod updates in the last few years.
    Is it really necessary to go as far as removing RP names?

Also regarding the jobs, can we not come up with another solution. What was it that you like about jobs? People always just self-supplied. Maybe rather have a "wholesale" section to the market and/or BMD, where you can buy shipments of things (in bulk) which you can then make a shop to resell. Obviously want to keep it as simple as possible.
    Could make crafting much simpler too, and maybe instant access to basic blueprints like knife and pistol.

I would like to innovate the concept of Lite RP rather than just going back to exactly what we had. I understand there is nostalgia involved, but we can make some changes and additions too and still keep the general feel of what Lite RP was.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Medic

Medic Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    I appreciate your efforts in at least trying to make it fun until V2, but I don’t know why but the semi serious game mode just doesn’t settle right on that map if I’m being honest. Maybe some changes will do it but the drive just isn’t there and I think that’s why no one goes on it. There just not a ton to do. I almost feel like just wiping the Rockford server would have done better but it’s too late now

18. Mewthree

Mewthree Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Quavious Charko
    Andrew/Angry basically had a carbon copy of the literp server that was used for his own server. If people want literp talk to him about it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Clorox Bleach

Clorox Bleach Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Seymour Jackson
    R A P E S W E P

20. ShadowStorm

ShadowStorm Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Wilfrid Clarkson
    Quite frankly, I don't want anything from the downtown roleplay server. Many of us are here for Chronet Semi-Serious roleplay and that's what we are waiting for - Chronet V2. There are servers out there better suited towards a downtown "LiteRP" roleplay and for us to get anywhere near that level where it would be worthwhile playing would require an investment that would be better used being put towards Chronet V2.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2