1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welp

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Simple, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Amarok

Amarok Retired Staff Member

I'd like to share some thoughts as somebody who was an active part of the community and the staff some time ago.

Firstly, I'm kinda appalled by what kind of behaviour/forum "etiquette"/discussion culture some people here display. Obviously I do not know any details of what happened in the last months or even years, but it seems like there were fuck ups and there are legitmate concerns and need for discussion (or maybe closure for people who do not want to continue/already left). Some stupid meme replies don't add anything of value, the diarreah should preferably go down the toilet and not into your forum posts.

It's obvious there have been glaring issues that need adressing. Simple, I think you had and probably still have dedicated members in this community that want to make it an amazing experience again. I think I can recall why you were and still are no fan of transfering too much power over a server (especially with Chronet since put in probably hundreds of hours of development time), but I think a healthy community needs task delegation to different roles. Do you have the time now and are ready to dedicate it to Chronet again and change the structure of the community?

And to the other side, your frustration and anger is understandable. I don't know how I would have reacted if I saw the server and the community being starved like it seems it was. I'd be furious too if I put in so much of my time and energy and then the results just.... poof vanishing into thin air. Or contributions, suggestions and pleas for vital changes (because everything has to change eventually) being ignored.
    Each one has to ask themselves if they want to go along with Simple's outlook for the future, start again and help revive the community (or discuss what would be necessary for such a revive). Or they have been disappointed so much it would be better to remember the fond moments they had here and begin a new chapter, somewhere else.

Oh and I almost forgot: Saying Simple just wants to stall to gain some money: I don't think he would do that, it would take a very corrupted and despicable character for that and he's not that kinda guy, in my opinion. And if you're sceptial: Activate your 3 brains cells and do the obvious: Don't donate until you see the improvments in the community/on the server? If it returns to the point where you are happy to support the project again, great! If not, you lost nothing.

I'd like to hear your thoughts (disagreement, additions, etc.) but please, if you're just gonna be some shit slinging monkey then stay in your cage and spare the rest of us.

Edit: appalled is a very hard word to spell, according to me

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    perfectly put!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Sebastian Prome

Sebastian Prome Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Bodhi Pow
    I officially claim this part of this post as my super admin app:
    What will you do as super admin: I will increase the player amount to max, make a Chronet constitution, have daily parades in your name, clean the server of minges, rdmers, propminges,and other rule breakers. I will also do some other stuff :cool:
    Why should you be a super admin: I am loyal to the lord of garys mod Simple, I will cure chronet of its plague, and bring happiness to all of Chronet. I will also get rid of all the minges, as well as do a bunch of other stuff :cool:
    Previous past as staff: One time I moderated a phone call.
    Activity: I exercise every day, I am very strong as well as very fast.
    IQ: I think like 70 or something... :confused:

In other words we all believe in you Simple, we will try to be hopeful and hang on while you are away.
    Hail Simple - True Lord of Gary's Mod

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    where does the raving in a desert come in to this again

5. Nickhbu

Nickhbu Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Nickolis LaVey
    This whole thread is just one big example of why I left... The amount of pure spite present in this community is ridiculous. Everyone here just wants to be angry about something or at someone. All of you loved saying "if you don't like it then leave", but everyone who has said that to me over the years is still here bitching. Sad really.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    you're a god.....

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Exproning

Exproning Active Member

I love you @Simple

For those of you who don't know me, I am what you call an 'oldfag.'
    This server has been my every breath for so many years, up until 9 or 10 months ago. I have gone through username, after username, after username, all for one reason. Many years ago, I was permma banned for throwing a tiss fit on the forums, mainly about the inactivity of admins. I insisted years ago that this server would reach this very point, but no one would listen. I sadly was never noticed much, as after my permma I immediately bought a new account, donated again, and got a voice changer. I was always here in Chronet, literally donating more than I needed too.

I'll never forget the last time I was banned, mainly because there was a video that @Finally took right before he retired. I'm unsure if the banning of myself had anything to do with him retiring, but once he did permma me, he agreed to talk to me on discord. He told me that he basically couldn't unban me as I had been permma banned seven or eight times prior, but if I had finally made my first unban request, he would support me.

This is just one of simply millions of memories I have spent on Chronet. I have a singular steam account that only has Garry's mod, and has over 800 hours. That was entirely spent on Chronet, and that was only one of seven or eight alt's.

Overall, I probably gave nearly 600-700 dollars to this server, with no hopes of it getting better; I just wanted to farm quicker man.

Look everyone, this is what matters overall; Simple is responsible for his life and his happiness, and that is solely his responsibility. He went out of his way, (when he was younger) and created a server that entertained literally thousands of people. He brought happiness into so many lives, and that was not his responsibility at all. You didn't give money in hopes of Simple improving the server someday, you did it to keep it running, or to farm faster.

I agree, this community dying is Simples fault. On the other hand, it was never his responsibility to keep it running if that's not what made him happy. Don't bitch because it's dead, go do what he did and code an entire game-mode from scratch. Go start a gaming community that provides thousands of people with happiness.

This kid simple, who is now a full grown simple, went out of his way to provide some fucking happiness in your lives, and you go and blame him for not catering to your every fucking need.
    Go fuck yourself haters, especially you @Christ , you're better than what you said. You talk about simple being ignorant, but you're just as bad. You should at least be genuinely happy for him.

@Simple Fuck all the haters
    I got permma'd from your server 7 fucking times man, and I still gave you money.
    I always knew it would come to this point, and although I tried to warn people years ago, people are still salty af.
    I appreciate everything you have done, and assuming the community dies here, I hope you enjoy your travels.
    I hope you're happy, friend.

Love to all, except @Christ

Referencing my signature that's too old;
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Poob

Poob Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Elliot Ronson

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Islexic

Islexic Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Artur Mohammed
    Pretty sure he stole it

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. Christ

Christ Community Manager

Roleplay name:
    Damian Wright
    Never said I wasn't happy for the dude. I simply pointed out what I felt was the cause of all this fallout. No idea why you're so mad at me, dude.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. JB17701

JB17701 Member

No no no no no, there shouldn’t be a super admin app at all, community mangment should have “super admin” just so they can promote/demote at any given point if nessary

It’s now or never, remember what I said in that conversation. You only had a week to do a big change. The other “chronet or Nortia” is coming out
    I have you a shit ton of way to get going. If you haven read them then I suggest you should go do it! REMEMBER ITS NOW OR NEVER!

12. Sebastian Prome

Sebastian Prome Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Bodhi Pow
  13. Savage 2

Savage 2 Member

Roleplay name:
    Chris Huf
    Simple why should we believe you ? You said almost every couple of months that you would update the server and be more active and this post probably only took you like 10 minutes to type up , so instead of talking more actually prove that you’re going to do something

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  14. JB17701

JB17701 Member

Give him a chance. I am sure @Simple has some surprises coming.

15. Clorox Bleach

Clorox Bleach Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Seymour Jackson
    maybe shit like this is y

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  16. Poob

Poob Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Elliot Ronson
    He's not wrong...

17. Simple

Simple Founder

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    I'm trying my best to prove to you that I want to "make Chronet great again".
    Hence my recent activity, etc.
    It's now up to you whether to give me a chance or not.

• Agree x 8
    • Friendly x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  18. Poob

Poob Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Elliot Ronson
    Listen, like I said before a lot of us are skeptical. I hope I don't give off the impression that I want to see the community fail. Because I don't. I do want to see the server improve (and hopefully become as amazing as it was back in the day.) But I think a lot of people have a reason to be negative. Looking over the messages I realize being negative isn't going to help much because I think you already got the point that it's time to stop putting it off and actually manage the community. So I'll leave you to that. I really hope the v2 turns out well.

19. FlameSibes

FlameSibes Member

jesus people r fucking rude, he litterally could do nothing and yall still be bitchin. Think life is a little more important than a video game, some people just cant regonize tat

20. The Big "N"

The Big "N" Active Member

Roleplay name:
    James Aubern
    Either way @Simple 'grats on the business, its a big responsibility- I wish ya luck. Sure it'd be a shame to lose the server and all of that Jazz, but just as @FlameSibes said, real life is more important than some game there. No matter if the server sticks around or not- I wish you luck man.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1