1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welp

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Simple, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Simple

Simple Founder

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    Hi.

Not sure what to say at this point. I guess an apology would be a good start.
    Sorry everyone.
    I didn't ever intend for it to get this bad.
    I thought I would have had far more time last month to fix Chronet and get back on track. But here we are on 1 February 2018 with nothing to show for it. No proper updates in years, no communication, almost no staff team left, a server that crashes non-stop and basically no hope for the future.
    Most of you have held on a long as you can, but it's getting a bit ridiculous now, so I'm honestly still surprised that there's still so many of you here.
    It's actually quite an honor. You have so much hope, and some of you really have faith that Chronet will revive and get it's groove going again.

The fact of the matter is this (things may get a little personal).
    I have been extremely busy in real life, I started a business in June 2017 and it's kept me extremely occupied. This business was made possible due to Chronet. The donations (Premium Memberships) that so many of you gave hugely helped me to get to where I am now.
    I would not be sitting at my computer right now if it weren't for Chronet. I wouldn't be traveling around the country healing and helping people if it weren't for Chronet.
    And for that, you all deserve a massive thank you. Thank for you helping me get to where I am. Thank for you changing my life. You've indirectly helped so many other people through your support of Chronet.

So where do we go from here?
    Well, I still have my business, I still will be traveling around South Africa (and the world) - going to festivals, markets, mountains, rivers, forests, etc. I'll still be dedicating a lot of my time to friends and family. My personal life is very busy, and that's not going to stop any time soon.
    What I would honestly like to do though is dedicate some more time to Chronet.
    I'd really like to make Chronet v2. Change the map, do a wipe, push some updates, restructure the staff team - give the community a revival.
    The problem I've always had is allocating time to doing the above, and up until this month I haven't had a second to spare, really, it's been really crazy and I've been on the brink of exhaustion multiple times through out the last 6 months.

So here we are. There is hope. But unfortunately it requires more waiting, which most of you are sick of.
    But the point is, I'm not giving up on Chronet, I want it to succeed and continue.
    At this point a lot of it lies on me, there are no other developers, and I'm the only one who has the power to change this community.

So to end this of, I'd really just like to apologise for my mistakes, and I'd like to thank you all for everything you've done for this community.

It's not over yet, we're still alive.

Love,
    Simple

• Optimistic x 10
    • Friendly x 5
    • Funny x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Useful x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Old x 1
  2. Christ

Christ Community Manager

Roleplay name:
    Damian Wright
    And yet... This could've been different on so many occasions. Yet, we didn't even get so much as a half-assed 2 minute "hey, I'm still busy". You had the staff to run the community by itself, but you never put the power to do so in their hands. Had you actually given some more power to the staff, they could've helped prevent crashes, restart the server when it was down, actually got some updates out, kept the community updated on the status of things, so on and so forth. It very much felt like you didn't read a damned thing we said in the admin threads. I would've at the very least been able to toss out some minor bugfixes myself with my very limited free time for free (Which, again, was mentioned in the unread posts). We all had hope for this community and wanted to see it thrive for nothing more than the sake of keeping it alive. We may still be alive for now, but as I've said in previous threads/conversation, it's not going to survive for very long like this.

I'm not going to continue to go on and on about what I believe is right and wrong currently, but you get the idea. I get that you're busy, but you could've let the community run itself and you didn't. That's really my only point here. Best of luck, dude.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    Congratulations, Simple.

You killed a what, 9 year old community? By attending raves in a desert and prioritizing happy little hippy retreats over just saying an easy eight word post:

I run a business. I am busy. Sorry.

Really, you're awe inspiring in how negligent things can get before shit starts to break. Absolutely inspiring.

Only things that would ever attract you here were incidents that involved knee-jerking(otherwise met with the excuse of being overly busy and having time to address/fix/look at another time) which lead to even better decisions.

An inspiration to us all.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. BlueberryMuffin

BlueberryMuffin Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Marsha Newman
    We told you so many time to get someone else to run the place if you're so damn busy, but you never did. Sorry don't cut it anymore.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. George

George Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    Pretty much what brunnea said tbh
    (#firstthingshehasevergotrightjk)

6. its ya boi troy

its ya boi troy Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Danny Tant
    If you knew you wouldn’t have “the time” to update the server. Why come back every month telling people that you are gonna start working on one? It has nothing to do with you not having time... if you were to put 10 mins every week since you said you would wipe the server. You would have alot of progress by now maybe even be finished. It wasn’t time you just wanted to see how far and how much money you could make by doing jack shit. And to be honest I’m proud of you. You some how were able to trick tons of people that you were actually gonna do something, and are still tricking people. GG

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Clorox Bleach

Clorox Bleach Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Seymour Jackson
    You can say sorry all you want, but you are mostly telling us stuff we know. Without you updating or fixing the sever more will leave.

8. the crab man

the crab man Member

Hate to burst your bubble but there's no way you will be able to restructure the staff team. The three server admins left are basically forever inactive and chance doesn't do ban requests or appeals. Don't even think your just gonna find new people to be great admins because we all know how the two last batches of trials have been, and thats with two community managers trying too help you out.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Clorox Bleach

Roleplay name:
    Seymour Jackson
    He could fix the server and the staff, but that would require him to actually do something

10. the crab man

the crab man Member

You think his gonna do something?

11. Young Meme

Young Meme Member

Roleplay name:
    Jefe Thuxarde
    my name jeff

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Vhondy

Vhondy Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Matt Czosnyka
    Don't push people away then act suprised when they leave

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Clorox Bleach

Roleplay name:
    Seymour Jackson
    Nope, that’s what I was saying, he could fix it but he wont

14. Sage Rasen

Sage Rasen Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Sage Yutang
    "OI VEY Keep up the donations so I can keep partying but dont worry I am thinking about you"
    O M E G A L U L
    Keep up the healing man.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. cash

cash Member

Roleplay name:
    Brandon Czosnkya
    Ez fix dummy, give ownership and development to someone else who actually cares enough to even say they're busy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Islexic

Islexic Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Artur Mohammed
    HOY GE VULT GOYEM

17. truesasssin

truesasssin Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    James Willow
    As everyone else has said, If you knew you wouldn't have the time to tend to the server, you shouldn't have tried the responsibility of "maintaining" it, which needless to say shows that you haven't put any time into it. There is a whole forum with Great suggestions for updates, but you said it your self, no updates in YEARS. There are server crashes every day.. and what do we do? We wait.. TILL THE NEXT MORNING. I'm sorry simple, but the longer we are forced to wait, the more people will give up on it because we've waited so long already, and now what? We wait longer.. More people leave Every day because of the immaturity of the kids that play on the server.. What can be done about that? Well to start, responsible staff that dedicate time to the server.. But why do I try to tell you this. It's doing me no good, you may read this and get to it... well.. when you're not busy. It may be time to pass on the leadership to someone who cares.

18. KJM

KJM Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    I've always had a little hope left in me and I hope you really put some work into this! @Simple

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Tip

Tip Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    TOMMY FINNIGAN
    So the response to all this is really another Soon™ ???

Your staff are gone, your server is currently unplayable. There will be nothing left saving by the time you do anything yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Clorox Bleach

Roleplay name:
    Seymour Jackson
    http://chronet.com/forums/chronet-v2.65/