1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Undercover Agents

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Markoozy, May 20, 2016.

1. Simple

Simple Founder Forum Moderator

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    Will make this happen for one of the next updates

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Perm Banned
    Woooo

3. Official Silvershine

Official Silvershine Retired Server Admin Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Danny Silvershine
    I remember playing as a Detective a lot when I was just a player. I brought role-play to the table like no other, but I always feel like it would have been a lot more fun with an undercover idea surrounding it. So I have a proposal that might make things more interesting for this whole concept.

I propose that we give the Detective job all of these abilities. I say this because the Detective job seems to be going to waste. We have a job that many people don't understand how to use properly and most people don't understand how to use the job to its full potential. So why not make the Detective job a premium job and tackle on all of the undercover agent ideas to it? This would be creating more use to the job and give a lot of people more opportunity to role-play. Not to mention it would definitely make the rate of premium members go up. Let me list everything pro and con below. ​

(Blue = Pro > <Red = Con)
    • Detective job is given a bigger purpose that could be "realistically" correct.
    • Detective job is given its full chance and potential (Not to mention it would save having to add another job slot.)
    • Role-play opportunities increase due to the idea of undercover work and maintaining cover.
    • The rate of premium members would go up do to the chance of greater but not necessary role-play opportunities.
    • The idea surrounding everything would make more work for administrators due to the confusion of bases being raided without a clear reason.
    • Players could become G.O's and cheat by noting who the UA's are. This would take away a lot of chance that G.O's have to take down they bad guys that they prey on in the night.
    • Outsiders may look at the class as over powered or "pay to win".

4. Markoozy

Markoozy Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marko Milosevic
    • Not really. I would ask the GOs "Hey, why did you guys raid so and so." and they would tell me it was a UA who told them. Maybe instead, the UA should have something like the arrest warrant or search warrant thing to notify cops so that it can be logged so the admin can tell whether a call was made.
    • OK, fair enough. Maybe just the mayor and SS, or maybe just the mayor.
    • As they look down from the 15 story megabase with 20 defenders and friends 30 second away to help from raiders. Yea, this is kind of OP, but that is because bases right now are pretty OP as well.
    Nah, I have other things in mind for the Detective that would fit the detective's style a little more.

5. Official Silvershine

Official Silvershine Retired Server Admin Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Danny Silvershine
    • I would prefer that we be given sometime type of log that would help us out with that. I say this due to the fact that players lie; however logs do not.
    • I would have to say give it to the Mayor and administrators because I feel as if they would be the ones most trusted and fair with the information.
    • Players might look at this as OP, but I personally could careless if they're OP to be honest because the odds currently seem to stack against the police force (i.e. big bases, huge organizations with an arsenal of weapons and medic kits). I mean I wouldn't mind it being OP due to the fact we have added things OP to police in the past (i.e. police hellcats to ram into fast cars).
    My reaction [​IMG]

6. mmk

mmk Member

Brilliant idea, HOWEVER, the playtime requirement for this job needs to be significant. I can see this job being abused and only those who know what they are doing should be able to do this job. I think 4-7 day playtime requirement would be safe.

• Like Like x 1
  7. James Gambino

James Gambino Premium Member

This would require organizations such as mine to adopt the habit of searching people for wires. I'm all for it

8. GIMME DAT BASS

GIMME DAT BASS Premium Member

No, because then people with C4 would metagame.

9. Clorox Bleach

Clorox Bleach Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Osama Gambino
    and adopt never getting updates [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. GIMME DAT BASS

GIMME DAT BASS Premium Member

What weapons should UAs be able to buy from the PD locker?