1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Undercover Agents

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Markoozy, May 20, 2016.

1. Markoozy

Markoozy Retired Sever Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marko Milosevic
    During the big update, Secret Agents (SA) were removed and replaced with the Secret Service (SS). I feel this was a mistake. A large advantage that cops had was being able to send in SA to scout out areas and look for crime where the other GOs couldn't go.

I propose a new job called the Undercover Agent (UA). Here are some of the features I am considering.

• The UA will have a green name flying above their heads and be green in the tab menu for all but GOs. The obvious implication is that the UA will be able to inconspicuously wander the city looking for criminals and crime.
    • UA will not receive a change of clothing when switching from citizen to UA at the police recruiter. The UA will be able to equip any clothing he desires.
    • The UA will be able to drive any car he desires, however an unmarked Impala or Charger should be available for spawning from the police station.
    • The UA will be able to purchase weapons from the weapon locker inside of the PD.
    • The UA should not get involved in dispensing any sort of justice for most crimes. Instead, they are responsible for informing police of what crime a specified person is guilty of committing. The police will handle it from there (hopefully).
    • The UA should be able to do most, if not all things a civilian can do to allow them to seamlessly infiltrate criminal organizations. There will be a rule banning the UA from basing and farming UNLESS it is directly involved in trying to bust some criminals.
    • The UA should be able to equip any gun they have in their inventory to prevent people from metagaming and asking people to equip certain guns to check if they are a UA.
    • The UA should only kill on the conditions that he is in immediate and unavoidable danger.
    These are some ideas I'm unsure of.
    • The UA will have something similar to the disguise system in the old Lite RP where they can temporarily, for as long as they are UA, change their names and faces. This will allow UA to return to citizens without criminals being able to track them down after the UA quits. This will also allow the UA to escape from dangerous situations after a sting. However, this system will be limited by how often it will be able to be used. Once every 15 minutes should suffice
    • GOs should do everything in their power not to reveal UA, but the UA should still be able to be arrested to keep their cover.
    • UA will not be able to hear radio conversation and can only use /g to communicate with other GOs. They might even have their own colored chatbox color to distinguish them from other officers.

Possibilities for equipment:
    • USP (Or some other starting pistol)
    • Disguise Kit
    • Keys (For PD)

Those are just some of my ideas. Naturally, I feel this should be a premium only job with a playtime requirement higher than any GO due to a great need for maturity to use it. I'd even say a week would be good, but I could be convinced that it should be lower.

Please critique and add suggestions below.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Medic

Medic Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    I love it! I wanna do undercover work all the time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. xXx_poopybutthole_xXx

xXx_poopybutthole_xXx Active Member

i dunno it seems too op

4. Klondike Bear

Klondike Bear Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Porpoise Dan
    I am completely all for this, however their weaponry should be limited. A usp as you mentioned would be sufficent.

5. Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Owyn Maxson
    It's because it's supposed to be.

(My opinion) I love the idea, also have it so you can spawn in fake printers, etc. if they have a printer in their inventory, they can spawn it, but they don't gain money, nor does anybody else if they pick up money from it, so they can blend in. This would also add the feeling of paranoia, a feeling that criminals have a lot, but hardly ever have on chronet.

No, It shouldn't because then there would be all types of metagaming.

6. Klondike Bear

Roleplay name:
    Porpoise Dan
    How would there be types of metagaming? Also, it wouldn't be there job to go and randomly base with anyone. They should be limited to scouting and possibly sting operations.

7. Markoozy

Roleplay name:
    Marko Milosevic
    No, that's exactly what they are meant for. In the old Lite RP server, they were meant to infiltrate bases and report on what sorts of illegal activities were going on in there. They were meant to base with people to try and expose them. The main purpose of the UA is to try and bring down super bases and make criminals more scared of the police rather than the other way around.

The metagaming comes into play when someone asks a UA to equip a gun other than the default USP, which when the UA can't, it is revealed he's a UA. Additionally, people are going to become suspicious of people with USPs very quickly, so UAs will need to equip other guns to stay hidden.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Klondike Bear

Roleplay name:
    Porpoise Dan
    This isn't the old literp server anymore. They should have probable cause to investigate someone and as for metagaming, they could still equip weapons just not from the armory. Its unrealistic for a scout to be carrying an m3 shotgun.

9. Aluminum

Aluminum Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    June Wright
    Will the undercover agent be able to hear the radio? I just feel like the radio might distract them. But, they should still have access to /g.

10. Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Owyn Maxson
    The only weapon they can't use is C4

• Like Like x 1
  11. nflden

nflden Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Dennis Krappenschitz
    Shouldnt start with any guns, Given this is a prem job (for what it offers it should be) Most prems have plenty of firearms. People always meta with classes, Having certain guns may set off alarms, especially if you cant holster, and allowing this would lead to serious exploiting.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Markoozy

Roleplay name:
    Marko Milosevic
    That was another idea I had swimming in my head. I'll add it to the list. Obviously the best choice would be to be able to MUTE THE FUCKING RADIO for all GO units. *grumble*

13. TheTrumpMeister

TheTrumpMeister Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Vincent Luciano
    Simply brilliant. I can see myself using this to gain entrance to organized crime members, than busting all of them. It would be a significant benefactor to combating crime.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. TheTrumpMeister

TheTrumpMeister Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Vincent Luciano
    Okay don't get too deep into this..it's not like they're going to watch you farm. All you have to do is follow them around their base(presumably with illegals) and raids. They won't get suspicious if you don't have a printer going.

15. James Newman

James Newman Retired Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    James Newman
  16. Klondike Bear

Roleplay name:
    Porpoise Dan
    After thinking about it you do bring up some good points. I guess they should be able to use different weapons as well.

• Like Like x 1
  17. |TBC| Killer Dragon

|TBC| Killer Dragon Member

I Absolutly love his idea, but I think that a radio should be in place because they are technically GO

18. OperatorGhost

OperatorGhost Member

Undercover agents are in police forces in real life, so I support this suggestion, however with the exception that it is a premium only job because it can be exploited by minges very easily.

19. Khypher

Khypher Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Michael Septim
    Give them a badge so if a police officer tries to arrest them they can just whip out the badge and be on his way.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. FangTheGamer

FangTheGamer Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Alex Goodman
    I love this idea to death!! I think it would be a blast to be a UA and infiltrate criminal orgs. I think this would add a cool RP feature in having to trust new members to your party. -Alex Bates