1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under the map exploit

Discussion in 'Closed Bugs' started by AngryBaldMan, Oct 17, 2015.

1. AngryBaldMan

AngryBaldMan Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Andrew Harrison
    Currently on chronet there is still a way to prop climb your way the the bottom of the map and abuse it i have seen people myself do this on chronet and it should be patched up. The way is you can prop climb your way under the map from the alley way were the drug dealer is located at on the chronet server you can make a ramp and just prop jump your way down and minge. you can see how at this youtube video i posted
    Evidence:

2. aidcon

aidcon Retired Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Swan Ronson
    God... people are finding so many new ways to get under the map.
    EDIT: I don't think that this needs a poll... it definitely should get fixed lol

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  3. DamSimm

DamSimm Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Damarkis Simoulis
    Most of these exploits can be blamed on the map's design. Basically the map is a giant cube with stuff inside it, which is a weird way of building a map like this. People can find holes which the map maker didn't cover up and then they can drop down into the exterior cube. This plus most of the ground being made of displacements and not brushes results in being able to see and shoot through them. The best thing we can do is patch it up with a prop, or wait for the new map update which was being worked on by the creator.

4. Metro Boomin

Metro Boomin Well-Known Member

Some admins like to casually fly around the map so they are obvi going to see someone farming under the map.

5. aidcon

aidcon Retired Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Swan Ronson
    I doubt the creator is going to release an updated version. The best we could do is patch up the areas with props like you said.

6. Turska

Turska Well-Known Member

tbh with you mate i dont think that posting this exploit with video(or description how to do it) is really good idea. tho its great to see that you are willing to help the community but my honest opinion is that exploits just this shouldnt be posted openly as thread like this. Private messages to admins/ simple (we shall not forget zero) is better way to point out exploits like this :)

Anyways keep up the great work for helping us as community :)

7. SCORPEANrtd

SCORPEANrtd Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    It's a bit of a shame, but the mapper Statua (no offense to him, especially since he might read this), IMO was a bit lazy with mapping... Ofc, I don't map *yet*, so I can't really talk about difficulties and shit... But there are countless issues with this map in particular, weird edges on roads, complete holes in the map, invisible walls... There are bound to be issues, like this, that show up...

Like Turska said, something to this degree is better left off in private, making a conversation with Simple, or contacting on Steam, that way we don't have people seeing this and trying it out... Then again, maybe the trusted members of the community can now look out for it, and keep an eye in case people attempt it.

8. nflden

nflden Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Dennis Krappenschitz
    I think we should have a "beta" for one of the evo city variants. Most of them are really good, there are shops, hotels, warehouses, couple specialty buildings like a church and they make the bus driver useful because of the size of the map. There are content packs for people who miss thee textures so that can always be fixed.

9. Turska

Turska Well-Known Member

Well its much easier to make a map when you build in is "master box" that way you dont really have worry about the endless void (leaks on the map) that can cause crash and other bugs.
    I dont think its his laziness due this exploit isnt really something player can use with out external help.

10. SCORPEANrtd

SCORPEANrtd Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    Maybe not this one in particular, but there was another hole in the map that you could actually just walk to...
    And well, this map is meant to be played on with other players, you could jump on the heads of others to get to it too I assume... Assuming you play on a server that doesn't use props

11. AngryBaldMan

AngryBaldMan Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Andrew Harrison
    i don't want chronet to go evo because with evocity the map is so huge that even with 50 people on you hardly see anyone so it gets boring chronet should stay with rockford.

12. nflden

nflden Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Dennis Krappenschitz
    Well I think that with how many players we have we might be due for a pop increase. Just a idea.

13. Nova

Nova Member

Evo City? I don't like the city, isn't my taste. I don't want Evo City.