1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tommo1999uk

Discussion in 'Staff Complaints' started by Hako, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Hako

Hako Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Tony Conway
    Admin In-Game Name: MEME MACHINE @tommo1999uk
    Steam ID of Admin:
    [​IMG]
    Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:50314032
    Approximate Time and Date of Incident: 11/5/2017 approx 3:00 pm
    Any proof (Screenshots, videos, console logs, etc). Proof is not required to post an admin complaint:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Before I start I'd like to say this isn't that big of a deal but from what I gather from players it is quite a prominant issue amongst the current team at the moment.
    I don't think tommo is a bad administrator for this garrysmod server by any means, however this is a certain behavior that needs to be addressed.

Your complaint: I had constructed a base in one of the lakehouses and requested an admin to come check it for rulebreaks twice. I did not @ as it was not that big of a deal. I requested this is OOC which may have been a mistake on my part. These requests were ignored and multiple admins eventually came to explain to me what rules I broke after someone had raided while I was waiting and called an admin. Nickbhu responded along with blueberry and tommo, however he did not involve himself in any way as far as I know.

I received a warning. Nothing was explicitly discussed with me apart from blueberry and tommo supposedly communicating amongst themselves and the three mentioned rulebreaks pertaining to base construction.
    [​IMG]

Tommo accused me of breaking the rule of "not being able to have the main area of your base protected by x keypads". This is not a rule.
    The material however is infact clearly against the rules but it was not directly referenced.

This is the rule he vaguely mentioned and was not broken with my props.
    [​IMG]

The construction itself was not being used in any meaningful sense and I was waiting for an evaluation before I put it into practical use as I was the only person there.
    Apart from the material and the keypads a third complaint I was given was the fact that a small area of the base was used to shoot at the raiders legs.

I did not respond to the raid in question because I was fully aware some rulebreaks may have been present.
    Before my props had been addressed someone had tied me up for no reason and failed to untie me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    However, for some reason I could not get any of the three administrators online to untie me after tommo had tied me up for no reason and failed to untie me.

This situation could have been handled better. Rules should be quoted and referenced and not made up.

As you can see I have a flawless record and have no intention of breaking the rules on my favorite garrysmod server. :)

2. Tommo

Tommo Retired Trial Admin

Roleplay name:
    Lolcouch Lampshade
    You had props set up so you could shoot peoples feet. your props were made so you had no idea where you were going. The textures were so bad it gave @BlueberryMuffin a headache. You should know with 6 weeks of play time putting things in OOC wont get an admins attention. That's what @ < message> is for.
    At the time I had a reason to tie you up as you were AFK and I was raiding you.

3. George

George Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    I was there.. As far as the untieing goes, it was for a RAID and wasn't done during the sit, it was done whilst you were in a corner and we were raiding your fail base..

4. Hako

Hako Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Tony Conway
    I wasn't untied for approximately 30 mins after the raid ended and you all had left. None of the admins responded to my calls as I have said.

5. George

George Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    They don't have to.. It was during a raid, the admins don't have to teleport to you and untie you.

6. Hako

Hako Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Tony Conway
    Rule 10.3.4
    You cannot argue that an admin does not have to respond to a rulebreak. That is simply false.

7. BlueberryMuffin

BlueberryMuffin Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Marsha Newman
    But if you want an admin you do @.
    Then why'd you use it if you knew?
    We were raiding you and you got tied.
    Saying "untie me" gives no context as to what happened. Could mean you were tied and left by someone else and were too lazy to walk to someone to ask for help. Also, we're not dogs you can order to come do something.
    ???
    It's a dick move to leave someone tied after hostaging them, but you can. It's honestly safer to leave someone tied, because what if once they are untied they pull a gun and come to kill you?

8. Hako

Hako Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Tony Conway
    Your question was answered in my original post.

As for it just being "a dick move"? No. It clearly violates the rule I mentioned.

9. George

George Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    I've just properly looked through the rules, and couldn't find anything to do with what you have stated. Mind copy and pasting said rule? And keep in mind this is during a raid and so we tied you up to refrain from being shot in the back.

10. Hako

Hako Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Tony Conway
    Sure, no problem.

"You cannot argue that an admin does not have to respond to a rulebreak. That is simply false." I wasn't implying this was the rule if that is what you are saying.

Here is 10.3.4 and 10.3.5:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. George

George Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    You weren't taken hostage, hence this not applying. We tied you up for our own safety. We also never told you that you were a hostage.

12. Hako

Hako Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Tony Conway
    Tying someone up because you think they may pose a threat to you is not allowed. There must be a legitimate roleplay reason for doing so.

Tommo had tied me up and immediately walked away. If I was not taken hostage then there was no implicit legitimate reason for you having me tied up and not untied.

I did not pose a threat and I was not taken hostage. I was tied up for no reason and was given no directions. No roleplay was even attempted or present, it's simply not permitted.

13. George

George Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    What? You do pose a threat as I said you could've shot us in the back.. the roleplay reason is we're raiding you. I won't argue with you any further as it's clear you're too stubborn to understand when you're not in the right.

14. Hako

Hako Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Tony Conway
    I don't know why the entire thread is about me being tied now. That was tacked on to the end of the complaint.

If you think leaving someone tied up for over thirty minutes for no reason or because you think they may pose a threat to you while you leave is acceptable then it is you who is in the wrong.