1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The end

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FilmsActionCZ, Jul 8, 2018.

1. FilmsActionCZ

FilmsActionCZ Active Member

Hello,

It's time to give up. I think we all knew it way earlier, deep down. False Hope is what lead us through this community, lies from the management about reviving the server. It's fun to mess on this forum, we could do that, but don't wait for the server.

also, the UI is really bad :D

r.i.p reacts only

Thanks for reading,

FilmsActionCZ

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    • Old Old x 1
  2. Finally

Finally Well-Known Member

Server has been dead for like 6 months, If you haven't established the community is Currently fucked;

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  3. James Gambino

James Gambino Active Member

I disagree with both of your posts. The community is less but still around as seen through the chatbox. If Simple relaunches Rockford with new staff, I'll be more than happy to return. If you feel this way and that there's no chance for a revival just leave. Simple has been really busy in real life and I'm grateful for the past memories of Chronet. Now he made some mistakes, nobody is perfect. But with AngryBaldMan gone and his MafiaRP minge brigade leaving with him, we have a chance. #MakeChronetGreatAgain

4. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    look at the dates of the posts.

look at the date of the e-mail simple sent.

proceed to nearest third story window.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. James Gambino

Well the one above mine was last edited yesterday and I think my point still relates as Simple has returned.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Finally

I didn't change the post, just added an uppercase where it was needed... I think the point is you're trying to act as though you've had faith that Chronet was going to bounce back. I am fairly certain it's so you can try to look good am weasel your way into a staff position. In all reality, blind optimism is not the best route to take. If the server comes back, that's swell, but it needs to return with a solid foundation of staff and a good grasp on short term and long term goals. Using some silly fake hashtags and using the hindsight is 20/20 approach is not the way to go. My point had also never been about Simple's disappearance directly, more to the empty void where the server should've been, the lack of any progress or word even. If you'd like to make a mature point, the correct thing would've been to just reference his return and ask what the current pool of thought is, rather than simply referencing an old post.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. James Gambino

I wouldn't detail this as blind optimism. I truly think Simple made the correct move by wiping the staff. It shows he's willing to listen when someone offers advice. However I wasn't aware that this was an old post. I've talked with a few others who seem to think the same. The hashtag was obviously a joke. All I'm saying is, people should be free to express how they feel but the constant 'Chronet is dead' isn't going to help if Simple decides to bring up the server. As far as becoming staff, I only said that I'd be interested in doing so now. I have experience and a few who didn't negatively effect my role play in-game agrees, that I'd make a great staff member. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but this could very well be the real deal. Current thoughts on where we're headed is good, and maybe I should've asked if these opinions has changed. But like I said, a lot of people have been posting negatively and I think optimisim would be a good thing if the server were to return. Everyone will have to do their part to keep a new base playing.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Finally

That's why I said "currently dead" and on the most recent thread about bring the server back, I was all for it, as long as there is structure.
    I think not, if you're going to tell people to leave the community, target members of the community, and act like your the most pragmatic person here, you're not the right choice.
    Examples just from one thread.^
    I care about the community but I am not going to rush in with extreme blinded optimism, just because he demoted the entire staff team without warning and asked for feedback doesn't mean everything is fixed. Whether you'd like to admit it or not, the community is in dire straights, and it can't be corrected overnight. Do I still think the community is worth fixing, yes, but is it 100% certain to be fixed, no. A healthy community should have discussions about what is going on, and when nothing is going on, of course that discussion is going to be a negative one. You can't expect to have everyone be happy when the server doesn't exist and seemingly no one cares. Speaking of which, if you're in the thought-pool of rooting out negativity, where were you weeks earlier? It is evident that you seem to want to gain favor in the community foremost for your own benefit. Now I don't feel like arguing, so continue with whatever you want to say, my point has been made, and I'd prefer not to continue any conversation on the subject at hand. If you truly are selfless in your actions insist you're here to help, and actually do so.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. James Gambino

It was just the bandwagon effect is what I disagreed with. I didn't tell people to leave, I'm just saying that's my logic. Also I didn't attack anyone. I said in another post that it will take time and I've already been talking to Chronet members and trying to bring optimism and to inform them that there's a chance the server will come back. But if it does get revived, I'd prefer new members not to see the negativity and outright toxicity in some cases. You don't know the first thing about what I've done both out of character and in to help this community. What you said to me is obvious so there isn't a point. You got triggered for some reason and decided to argue. I made a mistake in thinking this was a recent thread.

10. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    no one cares what roleplay you did in the past
    that isnt relevant

breeding an environment where your friends went out to doxx, ddos, and harass each other to the point where it spilled into the rest of Chronet...
    Well, it was certainly something you did for the Community.
    And it sure did help move the casket along.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    #JamesGambino4CommunityManagement2018