1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Read the sticky before posting a staff application!

The Big "N" / Tharith's Admin Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by The Big "N", Feb 8, 2018.

1. The Big "N"

The Big "N" Active Member

Roleplay name:
    James Aubern
    [EDIT] I made this before the admin reform (then reposted after it), thinking the server was in need of admins- as you all know the admin reform happened and now the server is better than ever- so feel free to state your opinions still, I'll still be joining the server and stuff, I just don't think I need to be admin as much as I did when this was made- wish ya'll the best- see ya on the server <3

Your In-Game name:
    James Aubern

Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:59615677

(Born November 22nd, 2001, contrary to what my profile says, my apologies.)

Country & Timezone: New Brunswick, Canada, Atlantic Standard Time, UTC-04:00

Server Playtime: 4 Weeks+

Past Experience: Not much, just small hamachi servers with friends, as well as a small discord. If that's an issue feel free to contact me <3
    [edit] Also a bit of experience administrating a few Unturned servers, forgot about them - thanks to both @SoulTurtle and @styxZ for reminding me.

Have you donated?
    Yes, purchased premium multiple times, from my Email I can pinpoint 3 purchases.
    $10 USD - 3 Month Premium - 11/24/13
    $10 USD - 3 Month Premium - 6/6/14
    $10 USD - 3 Month Premium - 9/4/16

Why do you think you deserve to be an admin?
    Some of you from way back when may remember me as a lil kid and kind of an annoyance, (Don't worry, I've aged) either way I believe my recent activity (past year or two maybe ish) is a vast improvement from forever ago if memory serves me right. I think I should be an admin because the server needs more admins, at least in the state I've heard that it is in. I have been around the community for upwards of four or almost five years now, off and on. Chronet in a way has become part of my life in a way it cannot be removed. I'm not going to say flat out, that I 100% deserve to be admin, I'm sure there are candidates much better trained, or much funnier, or whatever qualities truly matter- instead I will work to earn the idea of whatever qualities you enjoy, and I will work hard to make sure most issues people have with me can be ironed out. Any reason is written below as to why I shouldn't be an admin, either in the case I make admin or not, I will work to fix, or at the very least make tolerable. I can say with almost absolute certainty that I will improve the server, whether it be a little or a lot. I have a solid amount of computer usage experience, as does a solid chunk of the community, I tend to be active on the forums, at least when I'm actually active. Within the past week, there is always a tab of the forums open in my Chrome. I have almost 2,000 hours of Garry's Mod playtime, and 5 years ownership of Garry's Mod. I tend to try to be easy to contact, accepting most Steam friend requests. If I receive a lot of these I'm 100% willing to open an email specifically for Chronet Administrating. I'm normally quite polite and tend to be patient (I'm Canadian, that's a given). As well as these things, I have experience in my local sales industry. Lastly, I live in New Brunswick, I do speak very small amounts of Acadian French, as my province is technically bilingual, it's taught in schools up to 10th grade. I was however born and raised English, so I can confidently say I'm proficient in the English language.

Extra notes:
    -
    I do have a ban, maybe two, over 30 minutes- however, they are actual years ago. If that's an issue though, feel free to close this thread and all of that jazz. However, after searching with my steam ID, I don't see the bans or the length- but I can say I have at least 2 bans.
    -Also, I am aware of the whole "Chronet v2" thing, I dunno if this'll transport over to that, I'm really just trying to keep the option open if all of you Chronet folks want me around to help out.
    -Yes, I did make a goodbye thread, it's in fast threads, but I guess I'm making a return, 1 week later.
    -if you haven't seen me around, don't fret, I took a long break, I have come back.
    -Some of you might remember me as an annoying kid- shameful, I was pretty young when I joined, but you know, time changes people, and I'm not so much now. <3
    -Ignore the forum name as well, its a couple years old now, I go by Tharith on steam and GoobleMeister on discord.
    -Leave your opinions below. Hopefully, everything rolls smoothly, I'll be sure to check in on this thread at least twice a day, feel free to contact me if you have questions on steam or discord.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  2. George

George Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    +1 From what I saw from him whilst he was returning, he was active and followed rules. Seems like a decent guy.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  3. Vhondy

Vhondy Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Matt Yutang
    Neutral carter had came back after a long period of being gone then vanished again after getting trial the same could happen here you seem like a nice guy but I would recommend sticking around for a bit longer

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    What he said

5. BaccaGaming

BaccaGaming Member

I agree aswell Neutral for now

6. styxZ

styxZ Member

+1
    This man has been administrator in many of my cyber world endeavors. I've known Tharith for some years now, 3 to be exact, and he has helped many lost souls of all kinds with his past administrator powers. If anybody within these admin applications deserve to be considered an admin, you're in the right place, because I can guarantee you that he will help anybody and everybody and help improve the server and keep the community happy.

Tharith and I used to administrate a few Unturned servers in our past and we were always the communites favourite people because we helped people in need and never abused our powers, they always liked Tharith more than I but that's besides the fact.

In the end, I believe this individual deserves administrator powers and if he does get accepted you will not be disappointed and the community will love him. Please heavily consider accepting Tharith, I believe you'll be happy with your choice!

7. BlueberryMuffin

BlueberryMuffin Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Marsha Newman
    Not sure how I feel about you just coming back and randomly applying for admin. Neutral.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. DsM Rag3

DsM Rag3 Premium Member

I agree

9. Thicc Krillin

Thicc Krillin Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Bill Tweedle
    Going to go with a Neutral, but certainly leaning towards a +1. I know you just came back from a big break. I don't think that's a bad thing. Other people are saying that it's bad because another former admin came back after a break, applied, and then left. I don't care about whether you leave soon in the future, I care about your willingness, effort, and experience through both RPing and administrating. And when I came on yesterday, I saw you were a good roleplayer. Don't want to drag this on any longer. Once again, Neutral heavily leaning towards +1.

10. SoulTurtle

SoulTurtle Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Mike Smith
    ^
    ?

11. 400

400 Retired Trial Admin

Roleplay name:
    Yolonda Squatpump
    +1 you're cool

12. Balbinus Calvus

Balbinus Calvus Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Henry Jones
    +1 rpd with this man at a pizza shop today and it seems like his knowledge of the rules and his personality would make for a good admin

13. ArabianCamelsUnited

ArabianCamelsUnited Member

Roleplay name:
    Eric Avalon
    +1 Very nice guy. He actually reads my Mayor Broadcasts. He pays attention and would make a good addition to the staff team!

14. TimeForTimbs

TimeForTimbs Member

I don't know I'm kinda conflicted on if I should + or - . its true that he is a cool dude ( can be an idiot at times ) but i don't think he would fair well as an admin as he can be W A Y too patient at times and this could affect his judgement on if he should kick or ban someone and this has affected him in the way that at one point he wouldn't fire some RDMers from police after multiple people said that they were RDMing. this is my input take or leave it k thank.

15. Toni™

Toni™ Member

Roleplay name:
    Toni Accardo
    +1 great role player.

16. Frank Antoci

Frank Antoci Member

Roleplay name:
    Unpermabanned Grim
    +1. Long live the orange mafia.

17. truesasssin

truesasssin Member

Roleplay name:
    James Willow
    Neutral Just because I haven't been antiquated with you.. Lets meet up some time so i can change my vote.

18. Acoustic Child

Acoustic Child Member

Roleplay name:
    Sam Czosnyka
    +1 Chill Dude, Knows the rules

• Informative Informative x 3
  19. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Marshal Mallow
    Great dude, but just got back. Neutral.

Hey. Nubble. Terraria?

20. George

George Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    When I first heard him, I thought you were him.