1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Testing of new RP gamemode update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Simple, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Simple

Simple Founder Forum Moderator

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    It's been a rather slow start to the year (mainly due to me being busy IRL), but now we're just about to move onto a rather large milestone in Chronet history.

Like any project development, large updates and code changes need to be tested. Lots of testing is done by myself, but I can only test so much.
    Large scale testing needs to be done, and multiplayer testing needs to be done, and to do that I need you, the community

Over the next few weeks unspecified period of time (not going to give a time frame this time), we'll be doing precisely that.

To start off with, a closed alpha test server will be used. This means that only the community will be allowed to join (server will be password protected) and it won't be open to the public. The following applies to the test server:

- Under heavy development. Server will restarting with little warning. Things will change constantly.
    - Content is low priority. This means there will very limited cars, etc. The 'foundations' of new features will be done first. Content will be added later.
    - Wipes will probably happen multiple times. Everything will of course be wiped again before the server goes live.
    - Various values used are for testing/development purposes only (things such as starting money, car prices, etc).
    - There will be bugs. Please report bugs properly when you find one. (Ie. Screenshots, videos, how you can reproduce the bug, etc).
    - The server is primarily for testing, feel free to play on it as normal, but note the things above.

After I am satisfied with the server and we have a good economy balance, the server will go live and the wipe will commence.

Further information can be found below (including a list of known bugs and features that require thorough testing).

I look forward to seeing you all on the server!

Have fun, and please remember to report all bugs.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  2. Simple

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    Server is open to anybody from the community. Do not give password away to untrusted people.

Workshop content pack: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=411510682

Server info:
    Chronet.com | Roleplay [Closed Alpha Test Server]
    63.251.20.219:27016
    Password = "dev21"

Things that need testing:
    - Entire inventory system has been completely reworked. Need it tested a lot.

Known bugs/issues:
    - Watch/clock time out of sync
    - Global door sounds (looking for fix)
    - 1st person on passenger seats is broken (shows you off the world). This is a VCMod problem. Press 1 to go to driver seat to fix. Or press Ctrl to change camera view to 3rd person.
    - To unlock certain vehicles you have to look in obscure places. Not fixable as far as I know. Get used to it.

Roadmap / upcoming features
    - Firetruck
    - Inventory optimisation
    - Road Maintenance -> Need ideas on what to call it. Rockford Roadservice, Roadside Assistance. AA. Recovery Service

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  3. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Perm Banned
    Is there a new content pack?

4. SychoRyan

SychoRyan Active Member

5. Simple

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    Only put that in after he asked.

6. SychoRyan

SychoRyan Active Member

My bad then, sorry @Gr1M

7. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Perm Banned
    So i really like what you have done so far but i have 2 bugs that are really annoying.
    The first one: Some how even though i had nothing in my inventory, i had 400/200 in my inventory
    The second one: When i tried to take stuff from my mailbox when i had 0/200 inventory space it would say my inventory was full and the items would disapear from my mailbox and not show up at all.

8. Simple

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    Mailbox should be fixed locally.
    Also started setting max stack sizes for items.

How did you manage to get 400/200 in your inventory? Check in F4 Inventory if there is anything there.

9. Zaptto

Zaptto Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Riley Graves
    Seeing as how I cant be on the server due to my Garry's Mod being a royal cunt, could you post some screenshots of the update?
    (New inventory, cars, things around the map, NPC locations, etc.)

10. aidcon

aidcon Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Swan Hsu
    Really great job Simple! Loving the new map and the variety of buildings. Took me a while to transition, but I'm getting there.

11. PossibleGold

PossibleGold Member

http://imgur.com/a/Sm7V9, there's a lot more that I didn't get because laziness. If you want want anything else just ask.

12. Zaptto

Zaptto Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Riley Graves
    Wow, thanks. It looks really cool, too. Hopefully I can get online soon...

13. SCORPEANrtd

SCORPEANrtd Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    Few issues I found in my short time testing:

Cars:
    Once broken, if it's not close to the dealer you need to relog before you can spawn a new one...
    Occasionally the camera will be broken if you were in a car, and get in another one...
    Occasionally if you park a car it will slowly move backwards.
    On one occasion, while in a car that was shot, my Gmod crashed, not sure if it's related or not.
    Cars break too easily.
    You can only exit a car if you're in the driver's seat.
    Cars can't be removed, or repaired...
    Cars can't be picked up by admins.

Food:
    Since the inventory is broken you will starve to death.

Will be looking into bugs as well as how to reproduce them

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  14. JJspy

JJspy Active Member

You should make a thred for update exclusive things to avoid confusion

15. aidcon

aidcon Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Swan Hsu
    For me the food was fine... while it was in my inventory I just right-clicked it and I was able to consume my delicious pizza. Also, while I was driving my cop car no-collided. Here are some screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Perm Banned
    So i found a bank exploit and recorded a video but youtube is a bitch so ill just explain it. So i had 8 metal bars, i chose the option to put x amount into bank i put the 8 bars in but they don't disappear from my inventory but stay in the bank and it works vice versa so i ended up with a grand total of 32 metal bars after doing it but i couldn't use them because the inventory is broken.

17. aidcon

aidcon Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Swan Hsu
    Mhmmm...
    I can back this up. Was actually about to say the same thing, but you beat me to it. :)

18. SychoRyan

SychoRyan Active Member

Not the best idea to post about dupe exploits should have PM'd him @Gr1M to avoid newbs duping.

19. aidcon

aidcon Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Swan Hsu
    That's true, however he could not even access the duped metal bars. If he could have... then I wouldn't of said anything.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Christ

Christ Retired Ban Request Overlord Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Damian Wright
    I'll hop on tonight and see what I can break. I'm glad to see progress being made with the update.

Edit: Tried to connect and my gmod broke. Well.... I tried.

Edit part 2: Alrighty, so I hopped on for a few moments. Main issues I found:
    • Cars get stuck SUPER easy.
    • Mailboxes are few and far between. I've only found one so far.
    • The city vault is not secure. At all. Seriously, it's just two doors.
    • The command you are prompted to enter upon using a vehicle does absolutely nothing but make you look like a moron who can't use commands.
    • Door charges be buggy as fuck, yo. Check the end of my part two video for what I mean.
    I'll update that list as I dick around more. I'm also uploading a "quick map tour" video soon.

Edit THREE: Map tour. In two parts because gmod died and I needed more beer when it died. It may still be processing when you view it, so give it a bit to finish up. Also, they *might* be out of order. I forgot which was which when I put the titles in. I apologise in advance for my pc being loud as fuck and my lack of a decent mic. Also my keyboard clicks a bunch.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015