1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Complaint on James Newman.

Discussion in 'Staff Complaints' started by Numbuh 1, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Numbuh 1

Numbuh 1 Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Tommy Strapolli
    Posting this as the other one is made by a troll who also did not provide the proper format or context.

Admin In-Game Name - James Newman.
    Steam ID of Admin - STEAM_0:0:92946166
    Approximate Time and Date of Incident: On or around Dec 30, 2017
    Any proof (Screenshots, videos, console logs, etc).

Your complaint

James Newman blatantly Mass RDMed and Abused his Admin Powers.

I think @Brunnea Said it best.

[​IMG]
    Brunnea is not the only person I spoke with this about.

I completely agree and this should be handled the same way.

The difference here is the a James did all of this himself. Knowing the outcome of it and Ducks had somebody else do it. It has the same repercussions.

THE DUCKS INCIDENT http://chronet.com/threads/staff-complaint-one-million-ducks.12195/

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  2. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    also said this originally(doesn't change no 'punions just shows all of what i said):

[​IMG]

sorry for the highlighted bits, internet is having a stroke as my mouse is currently in a coma.

3. Bluezzzz

Bluezzzz Member

Roleplay name:
    Jesse Jones
    I was there. It wasnt mass rdm. Well... we didnt care because we needed to kill tony and newman planted a c4 on tony and then it exploded. It didnt harm anyone except the fucking party. I dont understand why you do this?

4. James Newman

James Newman Retired Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    James Newman
    Alright, here’s what happened:
    Tony Cingolani and Jessup Westen broke into my home while @BlueberryMuffin and I were inside. So I told @James Gambino (one of my party members) that I wanted both Jessup Westen and Tony Cingolani kidnapped. James Gambino kidnapped them just like I told him and locked them inside a bathroom inside the white house in outskirts. I stepped inside, explained both of them why they were kidnapped (In which Jessup told me that he was already killed by Blueberry, so I let him go). And that’s where the video begins. I planted the C4 on Tony Cingolani’s head and ran away from the bathroom (which was completely useless because I died). If I remember correctly, 4 people were killed: Tony Cingolani, @Tony Verducci, Blueberry and (not sure about this one) @M8TO. I admit, I completely forgot to warn my party members to step away, in which I apologize for that, it was not intentional.
    And that’s about it. You may ask everyone else involved and the story will be the same.

5. James Gambino

James Gambino Active Member

There was no mass random deathmatch. The people who lost weapons didn't care because of how funny this was. If we don't allow fun to happen, within rules then there won't be any roleplay. I shared the video in the Chatbox because I wanted to show people roleplay is out there if you seek it and you can still make great memories. I will never forget this moment and I truly felt like the old days were back. @Tony Verducci and @M8TO are both members of my organization and they understand there's always risk in what we do. Now if anyone tries to use my video in attempt to claim Newman Mass RDMed is simply lying. This is a political witch hunt. They don't understand why we were there and can never understand what roleplay actually is. I would do something similar to my enemies. But since Newman doesn't have experience in the criminal underworld as I do, he forgot to tell his party members what was about to happen. I'll continue to post here if there's any questions

6. BlueberryMuffin

BlueberryMuffin Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Marsha Newman
    @James Gambino has pretty much said everything I wanted to say. The deaths of anyone except Tony was a complete accident. James' intent was to keep Tony locked in the bathroom and not have him try to walk out as he did in the video. James did make a mistake in not telling us to move away, but again, the intent was to contain the blast in the bathroom. People have been on James' case for fucking ages trying to find every little reason to get him in trouble. And whenever someone finds such a thing, people get on MY case as well because James and I are close friends. Allow me to show you.
    [​IMG]
    Loxxy attempts to take shots at me because I often defend James when I think something is bullshit or blown out of proportion.
    [​IMG]
    Brunnea says that I will probably defend James despite me having not said a god damn thing yet. yea i know she's right in saying that but that's besides the point
    Why do I defend James seemingly all the time you ask? Because half the time I'm fucking there watching the situation go down, and those complaining often were never there AT ALL. I find it funny how a completely uninvolved individual has made this complaint despite not being in the situation at all, and asking a random player who again, wasn't involved, for her opinion on it. A random player's opinion, regardless if they used to be admin or whatever, does not matter. You should know this by now. And yeah I get it, James has, and will make more mistakes. He is a trial. He's learning. I am a full admin. I still make mistakes to this day. I have incorrectly quoted rules, mistyped bans, etc. I'd like to kindly ask everyone to get off of @James Newman's case and stop trying to find every little reason to get him in trouble. inb4 of course i'd defend him

7. Numbuh 1

Numbuh 1 Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Tommy Strapolli

"I find it funny how a completely uninvolved individual has made this complaint despite not being in the situation at all"

Gotta agree with Loxxy and Brunnea. Its funny how you say this now but when other people have done the same exact thing you went along with it.
    Sounds like bias to me.

*Cough* http://chronet.com/threads/ban-request-on-james-gambino.15983/

"asking a random player who again, wasn't involved, for her opinion on it. A random player's opinion, regardless if they used to be admin or whatever, does not matter. You should know this by now."

Im sorry that you feel that others should not be entitled to an opinion but this is Chronet not communist russia

Im not saying that what @Brunnea said was the word of law.
    I wanted others opinions on the situation.
    I also asked other CURRENT STAFF MEMBERS and all of them said he was wrong and to post.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  8. James Gambino

Well that was a whole other situation. Cobb Sunn wasn't involved and the staff allowed him to get me banned for something I didn't do. But let's be fair and say this isn't about a staff member. Any person could've made the same mistake that Newman did when he planted the C4. From what Newman has told me, you had an issue with him in-game and I think that's the only reason why this complaint is posted. If no one else who was involved complained about this, neither should you. This is why I say there's a lack of empathy in this community. Also it's good to see you again, man. Looking forward to making The Gambinos Ep.1 @BlueberryMuffin has already said that mistakes happen within the staff

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  9. Numbuh 1

Numbuh 1 Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Tommy Strapolli
    Regardless of an accident or not it is still mass RDM & Admin Abuse.
    Newman should have taken better actions to prevent it.
    There is no expectation of Fear-RP when shots are fired. Well the same goes if a FUCKING C4 IS PLANTED ON YOUR HEAD.

Friends or not.

--- Post updated ---
    I was asked to make this by someone.
    I will not unmask them unless they say its ok.
    Out of respect.

The whole Cobb situation applys here. He had nothing to do with the situation but Blueberry had no problem entertaining the request and in the end banning you.

Not to mention the blatant admin abuse.

Good to see ya man. Im not gonna be on the server untill I see some real change. #Soon
    ;)

10. James Gambino

I disagree, the mechanics on this server doesn't allow us to effectively kidnap. This isn't Mass RDM or Admin Abuse, because in real life this person would've been tied down to a chair. Granted I doubt C4 would be used on a single person, but who knows. That's what Newman decided to roleplay. Tony Cingoloni took the opportunity to walk to the door, even prior to having orders to stay within the bath tub. I can provide that evidence if you like. He had his hands tied the whole time and was under Fear RP. Let's be honest Tommy, if this wasn't Newman and were we inside that house with you. This would've been in The Gambinos show. Now when it pertains to Newman's actions, he could've done better. But because he accidentally killed a few others, it made the situation hilarious. Like I said, Newman getting in trouble for something like this is unethical. What you should be doing is applauding the people involved who still want to roleplay. Instead you want to find a reason to get Newman in trouble because of what happened with you two in-game. I said the same thing about ban requests. We're going to keep fighting within this community and it's going to fall apart because people would rather get someone in trouble than talk about what they should've done next time

11. Numbuh 1

Numbuh 1 Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Tommy Strapolli
    After shots are fired Fear-RP is void. This should go the same if a c4 is planted on your head.
    Server limitations do not excuse mass RDM.

I am all for roleplay but when you take it to far is where you muddy the waters.

Nobody is seeming to understand that you are not the only party involved.
    Please take into account of the wasted time of the ERU's and Police that have to respond to these things.
    All of these random life alerts affect RP for the other players. Not just you.
    So it does not matter if people are ok with being killed as killing with consent is against server rules.

Newman needs to be held accountable for his actions.
    If a Ronson did this they would be Perma-banned on the spot without question.
    Newman has more we expect from him. He is a member of staff.

12. James Gambino

But this wasn't taken too far. The only people who are complaining about this aren't involved and want to get Newman in trouble. As far as the Police and ERU, the server didn't have anything else going on. I don't even think they were responding to this explosion because in my video you see Jessup Westen with a false want, which means they probably responded to him. I think it's more damaging to assume Newman needs punishment for something no one complained about. This is the type of conflicts we shouldn't be having with the server being down. There's a pattern with Chronet where it benefits the individual for someone's punishment but it negatively effects the community. People leave for less things. Who knows if it were to happen with a Ronson that it'd be different. What I do know is if I was the admin in this case, this would be an understandable accident. I'd tell the person to be safer

13. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    Rewatch the video.

As someone who was well-known for picking people up and pushing them places, I think I'm able to recognize that being done.

James Newman had no reason to kill his party members and knowingly put them at risk.
    This is elementary.

Honestly I just saw it as him getting a general consensus on what it was, and figured I wasn't being asked alone.

As for that last bit, I'm not really one to remark on it(It would derail this conversation), but truthfully this Complaint should be taken in as criticism with a harsher tone. If you make a mistake, don't be surprised when someone remarks on it. That doesn't make you a bad person, just take it in, digest it, think it over, and move along armed with the new knowledge.

Complaints in theory are to be learned from, although most of them will be invalid. That's just a fact of this community, but that doesn't mean you should disregard them all the same exact fucking way.

That's how you end up like me.

14. Tony Verducci

Tony Verducci Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Tony Verducci
    -snip- But long story short, didn't care we died. End of story.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  15. James Gambino

What Newman was attempting to do is stop Tony Cingoloni from breaking FearRP. He was ordered to remain in the tub at gun point while he was tied. In real life, if you had a C4 strapped to your body the first thing you'd do is try to remove it. Not run after the person who planted it on you. Which if you're an in-depth roleplayer you'd see this as FailRP as well. If this server had better mechanics, like being able to put this person on a chair this wouldn't have happened

16. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    See normally I'd agree there but that was just blatant mis-use of the physgun.

Realistic or not, this server is semi-serious(insert 'who cares about that argument' statement here), and obviously some things won't happen the way you'd think it would.

however, what newman did there was out of order and uncalled for.

17. Finally

Finally Well-Known Member

I reviewed the video, and it's clear that he did commit mass RDM. The rules state that admins aren't above the rules and have to indeed follow all rules other players follow, even if it's an accident there are still consequences to one's actions. I know because I've paid for my actions.

18. James Gambino

He already said he could've handled that better. I just wanted to post a light-hearted video to encourage people to play. I don't see this example from anyone else. @One Million Ducks did it on purpose, @Brunnea blatantly grabbed people out of roleplay reason. @James Newman should listen to these concerns but I feel like this got blown way out of proportion

19. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    I think you missed the point of why I brought it up.

It's like you're trying to say that Newman set off the C4 on accident, when he didn't. He strapped it purposefully to someone else. There is no accident there.
    As for myself, the reason I brought that up is that he did the exact same thing as what I did on a few occassions. So I can bloody recognize it.

And you're downsizing it. Which is mildly funny to a degree but all the same, I'd say the reason this escalated was the responses given to this. It became hostile almost immediately.

Addendum - Why did you even tag Ducks in this? We know who he is, and anyone who doesn't know can just look him up.

20. Loxxy

Loxxy Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Jay Newsman
    Thanks for assuming and not tagging me. The reason I look for every reason to go at you is because you do the same fucking thing to me and with stupid shit too. I tried making up to you but you just act like an ass. I was being intentionally vague, how can you be so sure I was referring to you? You haven't spoken to me in like a year so how could you possibly know what I'm thinking.