1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff complaint Carter

Discussion in 'Staff Complaints' started by Finally, Sep 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finally

Finally Well-Known Member

Admin In-Game Name Carter Goodman
    Steam ID of Admin: STEAM_0:1:115208698
    Approximate Time and Date of Incident: 2017- 9/25
    Any proof (Screenshots, videos, console logs, etc). Proof is not required to post an admin complaint.
    Use of frozen props:
    [​IMG]
    Using frozen props in the road to damage vehicles:
    [​IMG]
    Handcuffing everyone who comes through the gate:
    [​IMG]
    Your complaint:
    Starting out, I get on the server by request of another player who was concerned that someone placed frozen props in the road, blocking passage from one side of the map to another. Unless of course you're to go another way, sending you a much longer way around. I proceeded to join the server, and witness Carter's road block be used to damage vehicles, such as what's in the first picture. The door from the road block blew up two vehicles while I was there. Police would shoot any vehicle that did not stop, you'd be arrested if you hit anything or anyone accidentally. All the while carter and his friends stated that "several admins approved" his road block, and that how would I know, I "was" a staff member.
    He violated rule
    1. 5.5.2. Your base must not block off any public areas (e.g. roads, rooftops, tunnels, PD lobby).

2. ShadowStorm

ShadowStorm Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Wilfrid Clarkson
    Hi there,
    I'm a witness therefore I will be responding.
    You are mistaken if you believe the intention was to "block off" a part of the map. This was a police checkpoint as per result of an increased crime rate.

(1) This checkpoint was approved by several admins, the police chief and the mayor.

(2) Although the props were frozen, they were not physically blocking passage through the road. The gate uses a winch door which can be freely raised or lowered from the platform by buttons (which can be pressed by anybody).

(3) As declared by the mayor and chief of police, the gate was to follow a strict set of regulations. The gate must always be open unless one of the following has occurred: 1. An active vehicle pursuit in the vicinity, 2. A lockdown is in progress, 3. The PD is being raided, 4.Someone that was stopped at the checkpoint had been identified as having an active arrest warrant, 5. Someone has been temporarily denied passage due to for example, noncooperation. At all other times the gate was to remain open, even though the checkpoint was still active and people were required to stop.

(4) The (very few) people that rammed the gate, blowing up their cars, did so on purpose. In fact, if they intended to follow the law, it shouldn't have even been possible. The posted speed limit was 25mph. You would need to go well over that posted speed limit (which would result in a dangerous driving criminal charge) to damage your vehicle.

(5) Nobody was handcuffed at the checkpoint simply for passing through it. Drew Goodman (in your screenshot) was wanted for felony evasion, that is why he was handcuffed and arrested. I suppose that means the checkpoint was working considering it helped us catch a wanted man.

(6) The only people that were shot had attempted to murder one or more police officers. Evading the checkpoint would result in a checkpoint evasion charge and you would be pursued.

Whether it's within the rules or not - that's not for me to decide. However, it should be noted as described by my points that the intentions were not harmful and this report is actually rather misleading.

Thanks for your time,
    Wilfrid

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  3. Randmfrogman

Randmfrogman Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Drew Goodman
    I was involved with this. I had threatened police and led them on a massive chase. I then got shot to pieces and was blown up by SWAT Officer Bob Goodman. Not Carters Checkpoint. Checkpoints are allowed if approved by admins... which this one was. And did not block off a public area. And was not a base. So That rule you quoted is invalid. Most people on the server cop baited because of this roadblock and minged with their cars, and when doing something as small as going over the stop sign line, would lead police on a massive chase.

Therefore breaking the following rules:

1. Continuously breaking laws to get attention from the police.
    2. Running or driving away from the police for petty crimes (e.g. breaking a window or running a red light).
    2.12. Misusing vehicles.
    • This includes driving erratically.

Following this incident. You proceeded to flame both @Carter . As well as @FangTheGamer . Until they finally removed the checkpoint to avoid conflict.
    However you did not stop there. And you involved several other players. Then as @FangTheGamer tried to defuse the situation. You kept bringing it up again.

This staff complaint is pretty invalid.

4. Carter

Carter Retired Trial Admin

Roleplay name:
    Carter Goodman
    Just spoke with @Kai, and I was in the wrong here.
    I've been told different things by different admins at different times, and I do take responsibility for the events which happened here.
    I do apologize about the situation, it won't happen again.

I do want to clear up the whole handcuffing situation, though.
    The man who we did handcuff, and the vehicle that did explode, we shut the gate on him because he was evading, recklessly driving, et cetera.

But I do ask, please do not take it out of context.
    You were not aware of what was happening in the vehicle exploding, or in the handcuff scenario.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, and I apologize for the miscommunication.

5. FangTheGamer

FangTheGamer Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Alex Goodman
    I was the mayor during all of this.

The handcuffing and car was all legit, I remember my men talking about him evading. It wasn't a fail arrest. The whole checkpoint thing was very cloudy as Carter mentioned, I thought it would be fun to RP and it blew out of control. Now that we know this I will see to it that I or anyone else knows that these are against the rules. It is mature of Carter to accept his mistake and apologize. I also apologize for anything I did during this situation.

6. Finally

Show me this flaming, as I recorded the whole thing, you'd find I didn't and in fact, I was personally attacked for saying "When a trial staff prop blocks the road."
    One rule break does not allow for another rule break.

You're not allowed to freeze props in the road.
    Not for you prop-blocking?

7. AZIN 2

AZIN 2 Member

Roleplay name:
    Faith Moore
    Being honest here
    • Obstructing or completely blocking off a public area.
    You may not have completely blocked off but you did obstruct the area as it can be used to prevent people from entering a specific area.

8. Carter

Roleplay name:
    Carter Goodman
    It was implied.
    I said I screwed up.
    Don't take it further than it has to be.
    You've made your point, now i'd like you to stop.

9. Finally

It wasn't implied, you said it was a miscommunication. You should have a basic understanding of the rules before you ever got admin, and that should be known.

Also, Why do I need to stop, this is a staff complaint on you, you should not tell me to stop anything.

10. AZIN 2

AZIN 2 Member

Roleplay name:
    Faith Moore
    Eh, @Carter when the whole thing that went down at the Checkpoint all you said was
    [​IMG]
    Not to sure how you can see that, I'll transcript it here
    Carter Goodman: Let's just forget about it.
    Carter Goodman: Just forget about it.
    Carter Goodman: Move on.

When obviously it was a debate you should have took to the top of Town Hall rather than just let us go. I know what happened, and I did not consider what I did to be FearRP but other admins disagreed so I will admit to it, as if they think it was, it was. You watched the entire thing from a SWAT point of view, knew what was going on and you decided to leave it. James took care of it and contacted an established admin about the situation in which I later sent in a private BR on the person which was analyzed and a Perma was issued to the man, John Hiky AKA Lucky Clippers for admitting to trolling. I did not hear the sirens behind me as I would have stopped if so. I turned my camera around and saw the guy behind me so I went back to the Checkpoint in which the "FearRP" breaking happened because I did not want to waste 300 seconds in jail nor waste 3k on bail for a crime I didn't commit.

11. Finally

What, this doesn't pertain to what I am referring to. The checkpoint itself is the problem.

12. AZIN 2

AZIN 2 Member

Roleplay name:
    Faith Moore
    Yeah, this happened because I didn't know where it was, I turned the corner at 30mph and hit it and got a ban because I didn't want to get arrested because my game was being stupid.
    --- Post updated ---
    I hit it and I said "Well, there it is" said sorry then turned around and proceeded toward Subs. But yes. It does. I got a ban because I didn't know where the thing was and I refused to be arrested because it was a stupid reason.

13. Carter

Roleplay name:
    Carter Goodman
    Alright, I'm sorry for the miscommunication and my prop-block, evidently the rules are a bit grey in this area (i.e. No set rules on checkpoints, the specific rule only applying to bases, etc.)

Exactly.
    That's why I said to just move on and let it go, because it was a misunderstanding. There's no point to get arrested due to your game.

This will be my final post on the thread, I've said what I've needed to.

14. AZIN 2

AZIN 2 Member

Roleplay name:
    Faith Moore
    I don't mind the ban, but you should tell the other staff that. The only thing I care about the ban is it affects my profile stance when people want to check and see if you obey the rules. So, if you could talk to James Newman and the person that he talked to get me banned.
    NOTE: I can wait the whole day, but I would enjoy being able to get back on when I get home tomorrow.

15. Randmfrogman

Randmfrogman Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Drew Goodman
    Come on guys, can we all chill?
    --- Post updated ---
    There’s no rule pertaining to it and there was no problem until minges made it a problem. However it was removed. And the problem was resolved. So can we just take a Xanax?

16. Finally

But, you claimed it's an invalid staff complaint earlier, then claimed I flamed, I am still waiting for you to substantiate these claims.

17. Kai

Kai Community Manager

Roleplay name:
    Ash Conway
    You're wrong, the staff complaint is indeed valid and it has been taken into account.
    The issue has indeed been dealt with and Carter was spoken to by myself regarding the incident.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.