1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Complaint: Canadian-Bacon.

Discussion in 'Staff Complaints' started by Brunnea, Nov 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    Admin In-Game Name: Hima Lowa[?]
    Steam ID of Admin: 83453465347362
    Approximate Time and Date of Incident: to-day.
    Any proof (Screenshots, videos, console logs, etc): you already know the drill.
    Your complaint: Lemme break it down.

Main points will be: Lack of professionality & clarity, and crossing a fine line.

So I'm sure you all saw this today:
    [​IMG]

This is the main thing that spurned me into this, along with bringing to light a troubling thing I've been seeing in more than just Canadian.

Now I'm not going to bring up the whole thing involving @Deaconator and his ban as that one is an entirely different issue with the RULES moreso than the Trial at hand.

Right, so.
    My main issue was the underlined reason in Alum's ban, the whole "stated they are waiting to be banned on the forums". When I originally brought up my concern in the chatbox, he had no issue with it. It wasn't until later on when essentially everyone else was hounding on him for it did he concede that it was a bullshit reason.

However, the ban was apparently a joint decision between Christ, Tommo, and @Canadian-bacon . I have no issue with that, but if you actually LOOK at what he used as proof:
    [​IMG]

this is absolutely unfathomably stupid.

But it's stupid for more than just that flimsy reason, no no no, there's more.

This is a TRIAL ADMINISTRATOR. BANNING SOMEONE[partially] FOR SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED ON THE FORUMS.
    I guarantee you if I had pulled shit like that when I was a Trial I would've been demoted right then and there. That goes for most every other Trial in the past.

It is not, I repeat, NOT, the place of a Trial to dictate over the forums. If anything, if he was truly concerned about it he should've notified a Community Manager about it. That's it. Nothing more than that.

But he didn't. Instead he seemingly wanted to scrape up an extra reason to make the ban look nice and pulled that out.

It isn't the only reason that I'm writing this, however. I was in the discord while @Aluminum Potassium Sulfate and Deaconator were on the server goofing around with Canadian and George. From what I was hearing, Canadian was completely going along with all the goofs and gaffs that were ensuing. Even participating and encouraging it. Then suddenly he bans Aluminum.

That's pretty fuckin weird if I do say so myself. Now I understand that with my background that's a lot coming from me, but I'm still gonna bring it up because fuck you.
    It's unfair to Alum as he had no warning of any sort that he was going to be PERMANENTLY BANNED for what he was doing by Hima.

He did not make it clear that he was going to ban Alum for goofing around with him, and instead opted for doing it without so much as a word.
    When he was challenged on this he hid behind the 'joint reasoning' and at least in my eyes, failed to take complete responsibility for his ban.

The lack of professionalism in his responses, lack of owning up to his bad decision[and i mean that without coercion from other players], and thinking that server bans should be used to punish for a simple joke in a chatbox is incredibly retarded.

I open the floor to both @Deaconator and @Aluminum Potassium Sulfate to share their concerns if they want to.

I know this complaint is a mess. I don't care.

2. Loxxy

Loxxy Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Jay Newsman
    Good Point(s). I wasn't there at the time exactly when Alum was banned so thanks for the info.

3. Canadian-bacon

Canadian-bacon Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    First of all the entire ban was a joint decision. I'll be tagging @Tommo At the Time it was unknown to us that @Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Had permisions from managment to continue to use his powers. It's with this lack of knowledge, plus his forum statements and recent behaviours that led us to believe he was abusing and forced a decision to be made for the better regard of the server. At this time it has been determined that the situation has been a misunderstanding and the ban, a mistake. Myself and the other admins do apologize to @Aluminum Potassium Sulfate As we were unaware at the time and attempted to act as fast and objective as possible in the best interest for the server. My main goal remains to keep the server safe in the manner that is rule enforcement. I hope the situation can be put past as I don't wan this to affect others perspective of what we do here. ('No hard feelings, mistakes were made')

Being able to own up to the mistake is one thing, obviously future adjustments will be made. As for the ban against @Aluminum Potassium Sulfate it will be lifted.

I don't believe I operated with any 'lack of professionatly' with the ban due to it was a joint decision and I was not hiding behind it.

As for @Deaconator 's ban as far as I'm concerned it remains valid as this is a rule the staff team has enforced for a long time. I don't mind Joking around and doing fake mugs but he was 100% serious and shot me.

4. Deaconator

Deaconator Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Rachel Conway
    I'm not really that bothered about my ban to be honest since it is only a day. (even if I know it isn't valid) I'm more concerned about Aluminium's perma ban as I think it was excessive. I'm glad it's been lifted though.

5. Canadian-bacon

Canadian-bacon Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    Someone needs to get on that actually, yes.

We really just didn't want another Hammy issue.... that wasn't fun.

6. Loxxy

Roleplay name:
    Jay Newsman
    Bullshit, Tommo clearly knew that alum was using admin powers unsupervised like 2 days prior.
    To be clear, this statement isn't aimed towards you @Canadian-bacon

7. Mooo

Mooo Member

"hey i got demoted so i'm just going to post a complaint on every staff member and act like my opinion is valid"

8. Loxxy

Roleplay name:
    Jay Newsman
    Somebody please close this @Chance

9. Chance

Chance Community Manager

Roleplay name:
    CHANCE ANDSHITTY
    This was already being dealt with, Alum was planned on being unbanned once their admin powers were removed so this is entirely based on Simple now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.