1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Read the sticky before posting a staff application!

DENIED SoulTurtle's Admin Application

Discussion in 'Closed Staff Applications' started by SoulTurtle, Sep 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoulTurtle

SoulTurtle Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Mike Smith
    Your In-Game name: Mike Smith

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:68272321

Country & Timezone: Canada - EST

Server Playtime: 5 Weeks

Past Experience: Before joining this server I used to play on many servers but 1 I loved and it was a murderer server. I adored this server to the point of I would be missing other irl stuff just to play this 1 server. I play on this server and one day thought it would be a good idea to apply for admin because this server was short on admins. So I applied and pretty much exactly 1 day after I got full admin which I was happy about but it kinda caught me off guard. Since I had played on this server so much I knew the owner of it pretty well. When I joined the server it was almost a year after they had created it and the owner had spent pretty much all his time and money into making it. about 3 weeks after I got admin the server was closed because the owner couldn't pay for the host and all of his bills at the same time so the server was shut down. I this point I was really sad because I had spent all this time on the server and met so many nice people. Shortly after me and a friend discovered Chronet and played for about 6 hours strait. This was literally so fun to play on even though we could be any jobs we just ran around building houses and when we finally had enough playtime to become a job. After that day I have been coming on Chronet almost every single week and I'll try everyday. I am also working on developing a DarkRP server with some other friends and have been working on that for a while now.

Have you donated? Yes, $60

Why do you think you deserve to be admin?
    I have been coming on this server for a long time and I think this is my opportunity to give back to the server and make it a better place. I would love for this server to be as fun as it was when I first joined. I have met so many nice people on this server and it is held so close to my heart. With the current shortage of admins that are on I think I could help the server with the everyone getting mad at admins even though they have done nothing wrong. In the last few months I have matured a lot and I think I have the right skills to help this server. I have seen @MedicStudios videos on being an admin and I feel confident that I will be able to make a difference. I have been helping people who need help on the server and have been informing others of the rules for a long time. And I think the next to help this community would be to become an admin.

Extra notes:
    -I have a working microphone
    -I speak English as my first language
    -I have never been banned
    -I am very active on the forums and on the server (recent inactivity bc of family event)

Thank you for taking your time to read this. I ask for no spam on this thread please and thank you. and I hope you have a great day!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2016
  2. Carter

Carter Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Carter Goodman
    Neutral for now.

3. nflden

nflden Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Dennis Krappenschitz
    Who r u

4. James Newman

James Newman Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    James Newman
    Neutral I know who you are but I'm not sure if you could be an admin.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  5. Hammy

Hammy Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Hammy Baker
    Neutral I have never actually seen you and/or role played with you, also in foresight of other people asking for it, you should probably add proof of your permission from simple at the bottom of your app.

6. Medic

Medic Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    Honestly, I didnt see this coming at all :eek: But, I'd like to get to know you a bit better. 5 weeks is a lot, especially with zero bans in record. With that said, you are probably a very respectable rule abiding member to the community. I'm going neutral leaning to +1. I'd like to see how you are in situations and how you interect with others. Ill make my final decision after thats done. (Ill use my own methods to find that out ;))

7. MrRalgoman

MrRalgoman Active Member

I haven't ever seen you in game or here on the forums.

8. Morbius

Morbius Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Morbius Rothfuss
    I'm going to have to -1 for this one.

I'm not a fan of admins below the age of 16, as they usually just cannot handle the responsibilities at their maturity level. There are exceptions of course, but the quality of the app doesn't show that to me.

I will keep an eye out for you on the forums and in game (just moved so gotta wait for my hard line to get installed), and adjust my opinion if what I see shows me differently.

9. James Newman

James Newman Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    James Newman
    I'll have to disagree with you. Maturity has nothing to do with the age, for your information. There's people that are young and their maturity level is really high. And there's people that are 18 years old and they're not mature at all.

10. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Joe Diamond
    Who are you.

11. Morbius

Morbius Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Morbius Rothfuss
    Yes, which is why I said there are exceptions, I just didn't see that here. But age DOES play a factor in maturity. This is a fact do to the nature of brain development. Your frontal lobe, which is responsible for decision making, planning, ect, is not fully developed until your early twenties. At 14, most people are simply not able to handle this kind of position due to the limitations in their current physical development.

12. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    One word:
    Muffin.

Neutral for now, don't know you.

13. Zaptto

Zaptto Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Riley Graves
    I used to see you around evilmelon all the time when you were like 12-13 years old, you were always really mature and super cool about everything. However, I'm gonna go neutral for now because I haven't played with you in a while, but I am leaning towards a +1.

14. Jack Traid

Jack Traid Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Jack Traid
    neutral for now.
    I don't recall seeing you on the server. This may be due to timezones, dayplans e.t.c. or activity.

15. ShadowStorm

ShadowStorm Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Wilfrid Clarkson
    Hello! Even though I haven't seen you in-game, I've got a couple of concerns already.

First off, you clearly aren't very well known and there may be a particular reason for that. You have 4.7 hours in Garry's Mod in the last two weeks, and perhaps that little amount wasn't even spent on Chronet. If you wish to become a staff member, you're probably going to need to put in some activity and become better known around the community. Additionally, nobody wants an inactive administrator - are you willing to put in the time?
    [​IMG]

Secondly, I think your application is lacking quite a bit. You haven't told us very much about yourself, your qualities, your weaknesses, skills, etc. All I known about you from reading your application is that you're happy to help - which is fantastic, but doesn't tell anything more.

Lastly, have you gone by any previous names? I have never seen a "Mike Smith" before on the server and with your 5 weeks of time I would expect that I would have seen you at least once.

I'm remaining neutral for now, best of luck!

16. Mewthree

Mewthree Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Dominic Topaz
    -1 Player has somewhat of a bad temper. A few months ago me and my friends had raided him and he went on a tantrum in OOC, screaming that all we did was break rules and held an overall grudge over something that was completely within the rules.

17. BlueberryMuffin

BlueberryMuffin Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marsha Newman
    Neutral. Haven't seen you in a while.

18. SoulTurtle

SoulTurtle Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Mike Smith
    For everyone who is saying that I have not been active on the server lately, reason being I have been on vacation. Not having access to a computer at for a long period of time but I went on last night and will continue being as active as possible. I will try to be on tonight.

19. CYJ11

CYJ11 Active Member

Roleplay name:
    George Castelluccio
    Neutral for now. I'd like to see you get more active on the server.

20. Mason Crows

Mason Crows Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Mason Crows
    I haven't even heard of you, as well Shadow brought up a lot of good points and I agree with most of them. From all the responses people dont know you and I was surprised especially with that 5 week in game time. I will be remaining neutral until I get to know you.

Be more active on the forums and in-game as well.

EDIT: Still keeping this as -1 as he still hasnt been more active. Also adding that he has a bad temper and is very immature.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.