1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roleplay rules updated!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Simple, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Markoozy

Markoozy Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marko Milosevic
    A change log could help with a lot of the rule changes and additions, yes, but I think that the rules were reorganized and revamped in such a way that it would be best for people to re-read the rules again. It wouldn't hurt for everyone to read through the rules once more anyway. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Klondike Bear

Klondike Bear Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Donovan Ronson
    I might have missed it it, but concerning bulet penetration are you allowed to make shooting windows and doors only shootable through select weapon grade? Like thickening the layers so only an assault rifle can penetrate through a prop, but not a shotgun?

3. Stiggy

Stiggy Retired Community Management Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Sam Driscoll
    The rules aren't specific on this, so I will make an adjustment, but no, you're not allowed to limit what guns can fire through your props. Doing so is completely unfair.

4. Kjm629

Kjm629 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Ronson
    Freakin awesome

5. Pepulio

Pepulio Member

Very necessary overhaul. Thanks @Stiggy for this contribution and continued effort to clarify rules based on people's feedback.

6. Zaithe

Zaithe Active Member

I have a problem where people were caught armed and dangerous and shooting people but i was not at the scene and when i get to them they are no longer breaking the law and accuse me of breaking rp by trying to arrest them. Is it ok to shoot them if they refuse to cooperate in these situations?

7. Scary Clown

Scary Clown Active Member

It depends, how do you know they were armed and dangerous if you were not at the scene of the crime?

8. Scary Clown

• 10. General street crime, hostages, and mugging
      • Players must roleplay crime realistically.
      • The following crime-specific rules must be obeyed:
        1. 1. You may not steal or hijack job-specific vehicles.
          • This prevents their owner from being able to do their job effectively.

This rule is not very good at all in my opinion. Using this logic I can't kill anyone with a job either, because that'd prevent them from doing their job effectively. Not being able to steal police/SS/Busses/Ambulances/Limos does not add to RP, however it actually detracts from my and I'm sure other players RP experience.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  9. MedicStudios

MedicStudios Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    I like the rule, because people don't take proper procedure when stealing the cars. If RDM wasnt commited often to steal a single vehicle, I wouldnt mind it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Scary Clown

Add in a proper procedure instead of outright banning any job-specific vehicle stealing, as it bars RP situations.

Much similar to RDM, you require reasons to do so, make it the same for car stealing

11. MedicStudios

MedicStudios Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    From an admins point of view, this makes our job 10x easier xD

12. Scary Clown

From a players point of view, this makes my job 10x harder. The admins job is to make my job easier ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Alekseyevich Yuri
    No it's not. Their job is to enforce the rules and punish those who break said rules.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Scary Clown

By enforcing the rules and punishing the players who break said rules, my job, which as a player is to have fun on the server whiling following the rules, is made easier. The admins job and the players job directly coincide and support each other.

+The reason they enforce the rules and punish the players who break the rules is to give the players a positive experience. The players job is to have a positive experience, thus admin job = make player job easier

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Klondike Bear

Klondike Bear Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Donovan Ronson
    And by doing this they secure a fun environment for players to interact in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Zaithe

Zaithe Active Member

Because multiple still allive cops were witnesses and the police chief said they were armed and dangerous. people are using false rp accusations to try to get out of situations by confusing cops.

17. Turska

Turska Premium Member

Oh my , rules being majorly worked on :D

One thing caught my eye tho:
    "1.8. Misuse the admin chat ("@ «message»").
    • This includes using it to say "to me" or "help", your message should briefly describe the problem"
    to be honest here, when you are being rdm or something else that might require some spicy jumping work to avoid being killed this line doesnt really help there as you cant stop to write anything too long. I know where this rule is coming from but people dont really have the time to write what is the problem, specially if there written english isnt that good.

also HUGE thanks for remaking rule 7.1.3, really great work there.

18. Markoozy

Markoozy Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marko Milosevic
    All they have to write is "RDM" or "FailRP" or something of the sort. It doesn't take much. I just need to judge whether it is worth leaving what I am doing to handle it.