1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Read the sticky before posting a staff application!

(Retired) BulbaThor's Admin App

Discussion in 'Closed Staff Applications' started by Christ, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christ

Christ Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Damian Wright
    Your In-Game name:
    Tawkoh or BulbaThor or Christ
    Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:18774181
    Country & Timezone:
    US - EST
    Server Playtime:
    ~50 hours on Stranded and ~13 days on Lite RP
    Past Experience:
    Chronologically my experience is as follows: Way back in the day, I was the programmer and owner of a runescape private server. Later on I became an admin/manager of a minecraft server back when the game was still in alpha as well as owning my own minecraft server. Recently I've become an admin on a gmod prophunt server that unfortunately went under due to negligence on the owner's part. Currently, I maintain my position with the community that I admin'd a minecraft server for, although the minecraft server in question is no longer online.
    Have you donated?
    Yes. I've donated twice now for a 3-month premium membership.
    Why do you think you deserve to be admin?
    I'd like to start by saying that I love your survival server, but there are no admins on ever. This causes a huge issue with people minging with nobody there to stop them. Naturally, this drives people away. I have quite a bit of experience under my belt and I love this server, and therefore I'd like to help out. I already help out the newbies regularly when they have questions about Stranded, since the wiki is less than helpful.

Edit: Redoing this part of my app, since I'm no longer seeking a position on only the Stranded server.

I really enjoy Chronet's servers, and I've found that I like both the not-so-popular Stranded as well as the Lite RP servers. I've noticed that although the community is great, the minges aren't, and there aren't always admins on to deal with them. This isn't a huge issue on the Lite RP server, where admins are usually online. However, I've only once seen an admin on the Stranded server. After playing on both of these servers, I've learned my way around and have been helping out newbies who ask for help and I'd love to be able to do more to help out the server. In addition to all of this, as you can see, I do have a decent bit of experience under my belt in terms of being a staff member of a server.

Extra notes:
    If you care for a quick chat with me, I'm usually around on Steam. Please also note that I'm only applying for the Stranded server and not your other servers.

Additionally: Although your app seems to require some sort of community consensus, the Stranded server isn't terribly active, so I'm not sure how that will go.

Edit: Originally this app was exclusively for the stranded server, and any support I got was for that version of that app. As of May 19, 2014 I decided to remove the server specification and redo part of my app.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  2. Deaconator

Deaconator Retired Trial Admin

I've never seen you, but since I dislike stranded (played it ages ago) and I'm not admin on it yet, I can't really vote.
    Although, a stranded exclusive admin would be nice.
    (Also, simple, can you add different sections for staff applications, like admin, coder, e.g)

3. Chance

Chance Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    CHANCE ANDSHITTY
    oh my...a stranded application how unexpected but as Deac said an exclusive stranded admin could help the server.

4. Zaptto

Zaptto Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Riley Graves
    -snip- (still +1 though. too lazy to list reasons.)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  5. Dest

Dest Retired Trial Admin

6 days is not enough for admin on Lite RP in my opinion. Knowing the rules is one thing, seeing how they all apply in all situations is another. Being an admin requires a certain intuition that is gained by getting at least 2 weeks playtime.

Anyway, -1 until you get 2 weeks, then it will change. (Unless my opinion about you yourself changes by then)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  6. SCORPEANrtd

SCORPEANrtd Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    Hmm...
    Stranded, I haven't played that since Simple even made himself or anyone else an Admin on it xD (I think)
    Umm, I would like to start and say, the reason why you probably don't see Admins on there is most likely because of:
    1. A lot of Admins (like me) are not even added to the Admin group (I think)
    2. Most of the Admins don't even go on the stranded server to begin with... From what i've noticed, stranded has attracted people that aren't into Lite RP, and people from Lite RP usually aren't interested in stranded...

Dear @Simple maybe it's time to branch out a little?
    Perhaps separate Admin applications for each server?

Anyways, I don't really know who this is, or how he acts on the stranded server... So I can't really vote on this app, but yeah...
    Bulbathor, I recommend using the forums often, it gets people who don't know you in game, to at least know you on the forums....

7. Christ

Christ Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Damian Wright
    Thank you all for the kind words and +1's, I certainly plan on being more active on the forums so that you guys can get to know me better before making a decision. I have noticed that the Stranded server is a bit... barren... in comparison to your other servers, which I imagine is due to not only the gamemode not being terribly well known but also because the community seems more geared towards RP-based gamemodes. I'd personally like to give those a try, but my time is a bit limited. I'll hopefully get some more free time coming soon so that I can become a more active part of this community.

8. HipHopHobo

HipHopHobo Member

I have been playing more and more stranded and I do agree, there are a ton of minges that drive players away and there is no way to stop them, and that makes me upset. Stranded is a developing game mode that should have more time focused on it. You get a +1 from me sir.

9. Chance

Chance Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    CHANCE ANDSHITTY
    Nawp I am admin lel

10. Syotos

Syotos Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Syotos Garfin
    This would be good actually. I've never been on the stranded server, but I'm almost certain that there is rarely ever any admins on it. So if there where admins just for stranded it'd be cool.

11. Galactic

Galactic Premium Member

BulbaThor was last seen: Mar 21, 2014

I'm gonna go -1 for now. You should be more active in the community. You were on steam 42 hours ago so clearly you are able to do so.

Edit: Going +1 now. Bulba has been more active on both the forums and server, knows the rules, and is a great RP'er.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  12. Christ

Christ Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Damian Wright
    I haven't been around due to trying to balance work/school since my grades were slipping a bit. Priorities, ya know? I'm trying to connect today, but I don't seem to be able to. Although, taters has a point. I haven't been active here. I plan on becoming active again in a week or so after finals are over and I sort out my job situation.

Edit: Figured making a new reply was unnecessary. I'm attempting to play today, but I'm still having issues connecting to the server. I'm re-installing GMod again, and I'll edit this again in about 20 minutes when it finishes downloading.

Double edit: Today it decided to start working randomly, so I'm back guys!

Changed the app from Stranded Server App to regular old Admin App.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2014
  13. 400

400 Retired Trial Admin

While I've personally never had any issue with you, I'd recommend that you get a bit more playtime on the LiteRP server (at least 5 days IMO) before going for an admin position on there, since that should be enough time/playtime for you to know the ins-and-outs of the rules and how they apply to certain situations.

14. Christ

Christ Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Damian Wright
    I'm pretty active on Chronet as of late, so I don't see it taking too long to reach a decent amount of playtime. I honestly don't expect any sort of decision to be made soon, so I'm not terribly worried about my current hours.

15. SCORPEANrtd

SCORPEANrtd Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    Hmm... Definitely being neutral since you changed to wanting to be Admin for all servers...
    You haven't been around Lite RP long enough IMO

16. Christ

Christ Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Damian Wright
    Understandable. Like I said, I don't expect a decision anytime soon, so I'll keep updating my hours every now and then. I updated it more for the future, when I'm well known enough for the community to come to a conclusion.

17. El Cathalo

El Cathalo Active Member

If you're changing to all servers, guess I'll go -1 for now as you don't meet the requirements.

18. Markoozy

Markoozy Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marko Milosevic
    I would say yes, but just because of the play time, Imma have to say no. In all the times I have played with you, you were a good RPer and played fairly, If only your play time was up a bit, then I would say yes.

19. SychoRyan

SychoRyan Active Member

I am voting -1 today I saw you just leave multiple corpses sit there not calling for an ERU. And the other time you broke NLR and returned to where you died. And you were searching a home with no evidence. I thought you needed to know the rules to enforce them, Did I miss something?

20. Christ

Christ Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Damian Wright
    First off, that's quite a bit to accuse me of without proof. As for what I've allegedly done, you said I left corpses sit. If they're corpses, then they're dead and can't be revived by an ERU. I thought that I only had to call an ERU if they're unconscious, not dead, which I would have done if that were the case. Secondly, the NLR break and home search: Could you give me some more info on this? I know better than to break NLR, especially with that killer bubble around where I died. Also regarding the home search, when and where was this? I was only a cop for a very short while today. I don't usually choose to be a GO, since I honestly more enjoy being a criminal or mayor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.