1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Read the sticky before posting a staff application!

TRIAL Porter Westen's Administrator Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by BSFDFirefighter, May 27, 2017.

1. BSFDFirefighter

BSFDFirefighter Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Porter Westen
    Your In-Game name:
    Steam Name: [C3] Fyre
    In-Game Name: Porter Westen (Formerly Porter Diaz)

Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:92588607

Country & Timezone:
    Time Zone: UTC -5 (New York State)

Server Playtime:
    2 weeks (now pushing 3 weeks as of 6/9/17)

Past Experience:
    I have had a couple years of experience, ranging from Minecraft to Garry’s Mod.

Minecraft:

Moderator: I was a Staff Member for a large Asia hosted server (largest in its country, and if I am correct, the continent as well, as we had over 20,000 registered server players) for 1 year, during this year as Staff before the server shut down, I dealt with everything ranging from usage of racial slurs/discrimination to cyber attacks such as DoS and DDoS. I worked my way up through the ranks starting at the very bottom to working my way to the near top (Trial Helper -> Helper -> Helper+ -> Moderator). I was also one of the most well known Staff Members on this server, helping train a few of the Staff Members when they first joined, I was also really well liked on this server, as I, to my knowledge, never had a complaint brought against me. I also have been Moderator on small communities (owned/ran by friends) that I do not play on anymore.

Garry’s Mod:

Administrator: As of right now, I am an Administrator on another server, some of you know this already due to my suggestion thread “Make Admins Lives Easier”, on this large server (Over 44,000 unique players have connected) I have dealt with everything ranging from general disrespect to RDM/CDM, TK, Mass RDM, Mass CDM, DDoS Threats, etc. I applied and got accepted in October 2016, having 7 months as a Staff Member on this server has greatly helped me learn Administrative commands of the game and help out not only the community I administrate on, but also other communities that I have played on as well (helping settle disputes and such before staff intervention). I am also really well liked on this server, being on of the fastest promoted players in the servers history.

Manager: I am/was a Manager for my friends SeriousRP server that as of right now is shut down so he can focus on studies and graduation, however, I have not really dealt with Administrative scenarios on this server yet as we are still in development.

TL;DR: I am Staff on 2 servers right now, one fairly large and another just starting. Although this may seem like a disadvantage, I can assure you that I will devote my time equally to serving Chronet, as well as above-mentioned servers.

Have you donated?
    No, I have not, but I am Premium thanks to a friend. I do however plan on donating when I am able to.

Why do you think you deserve to be admin?
    Being a member of this server for nearly a year now, I have seen the server struggle after administrators have retired, becoming an admin on Chronet would be extremely beneficial to the server as I am online almost every day, and have been for the past few weeks. I also believe that my former and on-going experience with Administrating on servers, helps me with the ability to handle stressful and difficult situations that Chronet has to offer, seeing as I most likely have dealt with them before. Being an older player of this server, I have been able to become friends/allies with other very well known players, and make a name for myself in the community. I have a good understanding of the rules and will continue to check the rules to further my knowledge in whatever I possibly would deal with in the future. As an admin, I will take my time and not make instant judgement calls like I have seen on some other servers. If I were to become an admin on Chronet, I would serve the server to the best of my ability, I have been wanting to apply on here for as long as I can remember, and now I believe it is the time to help serve the community.

Extra notes:
    • I do have a mic (Razer Kraken), a spare headset (Turtlebeach EarForce), and plan on getting a new headset in the near future.

• I am fluent in English and have studies in Spanish, and can speak a few words in other languages.

• I have no bans on record.

• As stated above, even though I am a Staff Member on a large community right now, I give my promise that I will devote as much time on Chronet as I do to the above-mentioned server(s).

Thank you for reading my application!
    ~ Porter Westen

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Brenadryl

Brenadryl Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Bren Hiraeth
    +1 Nice bald head, good roleplayer, friendly to literally everyone & knows the rules! Good luck Porter!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    +1 knows the rules well, enforeces them... Is kind, Good Roleplayer. Has patience and is a fucking G Get this dude trial asap

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Clorox Bleach

Clorox Bleach Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Osama Gambino
    +1 would be great admin

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    +1
    KIND AND LOVABLE BOY
    GOOD RULE FOLLOWING BOY
    INNOCENT

I was hasty in my decision making.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. James Newman

James Newman Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    James Newman
    I have met you a couple of times before. All my interactions with you were positive, but I think I still need to interact a little bit more with you in order to make a proper judgment.

As for now, I'll remain Neutral leading towards +1.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gunshotsky

Gunshotsky Member

Roleplay name:
    Gabriel Ronderson
    Oh, you already know a +1
    In fact, you need more +1s
    +1 +1 +1 +1 +1
    (but yeah, +1)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. SCORPEANrtd

SCORPEANrtd Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    Has my support

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Schwifty

Schwifty Member

Roleplay name:
    Marko Lamerino
    +1 Would be a great addition to the team , knows the rules and can administrate well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Lava_Master

Lava_Master Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Mike Rader
    HELL YEAH! This guy is undisputedly great for this.
    +1 You better still buy shit and kill people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Metro Boomin

Metro Boomin Well-Known Member

Sorry I had to break the ice.

I did some research, and being admin on a cops and robbers server, is pretty mediocre. This is probably why you didn't say any specifics in terms of what it is.

On the topic of enforcing rule breakers, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe you've posted a single ban request.

You're applying with three weeks, I got premium once I hit four weeks, explain why you think you're good enough.

There isn't really much effort in this application, I'm assuming everybody who +1'd are the well known members you've become friends with.

TL;DR: you look like one of those server-hoppers who try to get admin immediately.

• Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Informative Informative x 2
  12. Medic

Medic Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    +1 very approachable and easy to talk to. I've personally never had a problem with him and have never seen a complaint against him. Pretty good and honest dude, contributes positive things to the community, you have my support.

I really haven't seen much of rule enforcement, so I'd really like to see that. If you wanna score some more points from me, just post some BRs so I have some samples

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. BSFDFirefighter

Roleplay name:
    Porter Westen
    1. Enforcing rule breaks doesn't always have to be consisting on continuously posting Ban Requests, it can also consist of messaging online admins. My recording software is fucked up anyways. and I've contributed to BR's before, I'll have to find them.
    2. Am I not allowed to apply with 3 weeks? the minimum suggested is 1 week.
    3. On the basis of being an Admin on the CnR server, it's not really "mediocre", if you knew what we do, it'd seem pretty stressful, I've banged out dozens of calls in an hour before, first day I was ever staff on that server, I responded to around 5 @ calls in a span of 5-10 minutes.
    4. I prefer doing things short and sweet, as long as I get to the point, then that's what I was hoping for.
    5. I've been a member of this server for a little over a year, I don't consider myself a server hopper, I apply for positions I know I have the possibility of achieving on servers I know I can assist.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Lava_Master

Lava_Master Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Mike Rader
    Believe me, I don't have lots of time to play on chronet. I have a lot and currently are just about to hit three weeks. I think that's completely fine for him to have three weeks. On the topic of being his friend, it's more than that. This guy generally is peaceful and extremely nice. Please meet him, you will change your mind definetly.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. BSFDFirefighter

Roleplay name:
    Porter Westen
    My recording software and browser for the computer I use to play Chronet are fucked up, so I use another laptop for forums. anyways, here's a couple BRs that I've been a part of
    http://chronet.com/threads/ban-request-on-jaden-williams.14900/ - Player was issued a 2 day ban
    http://chronet.com/threads/ban-request-on-mathew-davis.14847/ - Player was issued a Permanent Ban

• Like Like x 1
  16. Clorox Bleach

Clorox Bleach Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Osama Gambino
    The minges on there are worse than chronet, you are able to cdm people(like he said) and it is easier to get guns when you start and mass rdm.
    http://chronet.com/search/5251668/ he has posted brs
    And everytime he plays it increases, if this ever gets accepted he will probaly be at 4-5 weeks by then.
    So thats why he joined the forums like a year ago?

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. BSFDFirefighter

Roleplay name:
    Porter Westen
    Correct, gun prices range from $100-$4000 iirc, it's hella easy to get a bigger gun and just go around killing massive amounts of people, and as you stated, there are worse minges on there, as you can kill people in cars, kill people with cars, spawn-camp/kill, Cop-Hunt (Being a robber on the server and killing massive amounts of cops because you feel like it), etc. We've also only been a server for 1 1/2 years and we've already stacked up nearly 20,000 bans.

18. mysticalcatbutt

mysticalcatbutt Member

Roleplay name:
    Zoe Castillo
    +1 Pretty cool guy!

19. Jack Traid

Jack Traid Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Jack Traid
    I'm going to say neutral. I'll need to make sure that I can get on the same times as you, but from the comments above, it's obvious that you have heavy support from the community.

I'm going to quote @Medic here from my admin application
    "Edit: I don't need you to post a billion ban requests to prove yourself to me, nor do you have to roleplay for me to consider you a good admin. If you don't get banned, and I dont see you breaking any rules, thats enough for me to know you know the rules, and I will keep my support until a reason leads me otherwise, which I highly doubt."

When I first joined the server I was playing on a laptop, so I couldn't record due to the lack of power. In fact it was some time after I became a full admin that I got a machine that I could record with. So it's not all that uncommon to have issues when trying to record. Imo, people rating negatively (or planning to) due to the lack of ban requests he has made, I only made one, and that was posted on someone else's behalf because they hadn't hit the post count that allowed them to inbed links.

TL;DR:

• Seems like the majority of the community supports you
    • Don't let the ban request thing get to you
    • I would like to meet you ingame sometime to make a decision.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Metro Boomin

Metro Boomin Well-Known Member

1. I just said it'd be nice if you had posted a couple ban requests atleast, it looks like I proved a point since you got all butthurt defensive over it.
    2. I'm just saying 3 weeks isn't really a long time.
    3. Thanks for proving my point, the fact it's a go-to server for minges, decredits you even more. You're acting like it's the best server on Garry's Mod.
    4. Nope.
    5. Registered to the forums, abandoned the community, then came back to embark your journey of bullshitting to admin.*
    @Jack Traid read #1 it seems you are confused.

• Disagree Disagree x 8