1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Read the sticky before posting a staff application!

POPION's Admin Application

Discussion in 'Closed Staff Applications' started by P0PION, Nov 10, 2017.

1. P0PION

P0PION Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeff Lansky
    Age shouldn't matter, it's if you're able/mature enough to do the job. If you'd like, we can meet on the server and go off from there.
    Thank you for your feedback.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Hako

Hako Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Tony Conway
    Despite what you have said, your age still has me skeptical about your ability to consistently and maturely administer your ability.
    Personally, I believe we should be raising the bar, not lowering it.

3. P0PION

P0PION Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeff Lansky
    What I'm saying is, if you're 12, 13, etc, or however old you are, it should depend on if you're able to do the job, if the person can't do the job, then they won't get the job. I'm not trying to lower the bar, it can still be raised, if people can't do the job, don't give them it, and if they're not doing well at it, then they shouldn't have the job. So, once again, what I'm saying is you can be 13 and do your job as well as someone who is 16 and does the same job, that job being an admin.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Marshal Mallow
    It also happens to be a scientifically backed theory that mental maturity increases with our aging- as the word "maturity" implies. Additionally, younger people tend to be irrational at times, and can make decisions more based on emotions than facts. That's worrying when giving someone power. It's one of the reasons that in order to be president of the United States of America you have to be at least 35 years old not like that exactly stopped an immature idiot from taking over anyways. The point is, it's hardly fair to expect people to naturally trust you when you say you're unusually mature for your age when, in all likelihood, they have reasons to believe differently.
    Also, @Simple, the default text size is inbetween 3 and 4, like 3.8 or something, which is really irritating for when it comes to swapping back from a text size to default; for example, the second half of this is written in a slightly bigger half than the first half and that seriously bugs my obscenely OCD mind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hako

Hako Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Tony Conway
    Yes. Being alive for a longer period of time does in fact allow oneself to, in almost all circumstances, be exposed to more experience with life skills and skills that would aid you in such a position.

6. P0PION

P0PION Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeff Lansky
    Although that may be true, we'll have to meet sometime on the server so you can get a fair understanding on how I act.

7. Hako

Hako Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Tony Conway
    Your ability to play the game isn't of my concern. My concern is placed on your ability to always make rational decisions and act maturely with the administrative tools.

8. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Marshal Mallow
    “All people have three characters, that which they exhibit, that which they are, and that which they think they are.”
    - Alphonse Karr
    Certainly, we could meet you and speak, but how would we know that the character we see is your true one? And, almost certainly, even without any intent from you, I'm pretty sure you'd naturally be trying to act extra mature in any meeting we had simply because that's what you want us to perceive.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. P0PION

P0PION Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeff Lansky
    If we ever do meet/speak, that would be good. But, if you don't believe I'm showing my true character, you can see how I act with others, or occasionally hop on and maybe check what I'm doing, I can't really think of much for you to do if you don't believe I'm being myself, but those are some suggestions.
    If you believe I'm able to do such, or encounter me dealing with a situation, then you decide if I'm worthy of becoming an admin. Also, that's why the trial admin job is a thing, it's basically a decision to see if a player is actually able to become a full admin.

• Like Like x 1
  10. [DG] arandomrussian

[DG] arandomrussian Member

Roleplay name:
    Dylan Ronson
    Massive +1, Nicest player I have ever met. He holds a great understanding for the rules and roleplays wonderfully.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Loxxy

Loxxy Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Jay Newsman
    Verbatim
    However I have seen you every time I was on the server recently which is a pro. So I will be leaning a little bit more to the +1

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. ArabianCamelsUnited

ArabianCamelsUnited Member

Roleplay name:
    Eric Avalon
    +1 Jeff, is a compassionate, young lady man who deserves to be accepted as an administrator. Jeff, who may be 13 years of age, is a very mature young individual. Jeff is possibly, the best role player I have seen on Chronet, or anywhere. Jeff will be able to handle the situations thrown at him, and will improve the server. This is why I believe Jeff should be accepted as administrator.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Brenadryl

Brenadryl Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Bren Hiraeth
    +5 for Jeff

• Like Like x 1
  14. Deaconator

Deaconator Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Rachel Conway

Sorry Popion, I like you but I don't think you are ready to be admin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. P0PION

P0PION Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeff Lansky
    If you'd like, (As I said to Hako) you can see how I deal woth situations, or we could talk in PM's so we don't fill the forum page with a long conversation.

16. Velocity

Velocity Member

Roleplay name:
    Yoel Kelete
  17. Clorox Bleach

Clorox Bleach Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Seymour Jackson
    +1 From what I have seen of you I wouldn't think that you were 13 so here

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Undead Bill

Undead Bill Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Toshiro Akatora
    Neutral. You seem to know the rules inside and out. However I don't believe you are ready to endure the stress and the dedication to be an admin.

19. P0PION

P0PION Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeff Lansky
    If you really don't believe if can endure the stress, see how I do under pressure.
    For the 'dedication' part, I've been enforcing the rules, and if I ever become a trial, I'd be on the server as often as I can. I'd do my job with respect and responsibility. But your choice to believe me.

20. ping

ping Member

Roleplay name:
    Luna Czosnyka
    +1 friendly and cool guy man boy

• Agree Agree x 1