1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please do not post threads relating to our roleplay server here! You can post RP related things here!
    Dismiss Notice

Playerbase

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CombineStalker, Dec 20, 2017.

1. CombineStalker

CombineStalker Well-Known Member

So, I've been getting back into Chronet recently (second time I've died and came back) and I'm just wondering: why are so few people on these days? Sure, there is some mingery, but there's always been that. In the past I routinely had the nightly problem of not being able to get on cause CN was full (a good problem to have.) Where did all the people go?

If it's because the old regulars stopped getting on since there wasn't as much fun to have (and I had the same mindset [tho I mostly left cause I was waiting for a "coming soon" wipe and a bit less time then I used to have]) since I came back I've roleplayed drunk dialing the police with a 0.2 BAC and saying my friend was kidnapping me and taking me to "re-haab" which I thought was a place in shanghai and then "drunkedly" talking us out of it (while "dying" from alcohol poisoning twice), been a (fairly sucessful, $18k, whoo!) tavern musician, being a psychotic hillbilly, and just had general RP shenanigans. I'm saying this to show that, with the exception of the usual 9 year olds you get in gmod, the community's ability to actually RP instead of just turtling in their bases has improved. If you have given up on playing cause it seemed the RPing has gotten worse, I'd recommend doing yourself a favor and getting back on for a bit to try it out. I'm glad I did.

Oh yeah, I'm not dead. I'm "LipTeethRatio" or Simon Locke in game now though.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Vhondy

Vhondy Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Matt Yutang
    People get board it's hard to find new things to do once you've done everything idk maybe that's just me

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
  3. CombineStalker

I mean, sure, but if you're essentially making your own fun by roleplaying situations instead of just doing the shoot-farm-repeat thing there's more to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Christ

Christ Community Manager

Roleplay name:
    Damian Wright
    There's a few reasons that people aren't coming on anymore. The lack of updates making things stale, coupled with the constant promise of a wipe that is still in the works is the biggest cause of people dropping off, as I understand it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Aluminum

Aluminum Community Manager

Roleplay name:
    Carmen Sandiego
    it’s because I’m still banned I’m chronet’s life support

Nah,
    It’s an owner who doesn’t update the server or address the community at all.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    chronet is like a neglected marriage

you can't expect your spouse to stay around forever if you yourself are never around.
    eventually, they will pack up and leave.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. CombineStalker

I mean... chronet's ALWAYS been a bit late with updates. The amount of time it took for the first wipe was ludicrous, considering the planned date for it. I've just given up on that aspect.

But what's there is solid, and while I can see getting bored with gmod as a game (that's part of what happened with me... I had 1900 hours and needed to chill with it for a while) getting bored of a rp server specifically seems hard since, specifically in an rp game mode, you're not so much relying on the content as figuring new shennanigans to have yourself.

That's just my opinion though.

8. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    this one is taking just as long if not longer at this point.

9. James Gambino

James Gambino Active Member

I think you'd fit into my organization just fine. It falls on the individual to raise the quality of roleplay. There's no definitive answer. I'm putting up a suggestion post soon that I think many people can relate to. Whether that's general roleplay shenanigans or realistic

10. P0PION

P0PION Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeff Lansky
    The server finally got populated with 50 people, until the server crashed.

11. BaccaGaming

BaccaGaming Member

Nothing is updated. There are more bans than people joining and some people have left chronet for good and a temporary time

12. SoulTurtle

SoulTurtle Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Mike Smith
    This happened back on evilmelon, after the wipe announced everyone kinda finished up what they were doing and stopped playing until the wipe happened. I am pretty sure this is the same situation.

13. Clorox Bleach

Clorox Bleach Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Seymour Jackson
    if we ever get a wipe

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    think we've waited longer for this one than the previous.

• Like Like x 1