1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Official] Server wipe 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Simple, Oct 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Simple

Simple Founder Forum Moderator

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    TL;DR: Wipe will happen sometime in the first half of 2017

I'll be honest, I didn't fully think through announcing the wipe in the latest announcement. I brought it up a bit too casually and regret doing so.
    However here are the facts (many have been mentioned before from other members):

1. The server hasn't been wiped for a long time (the last time the server was wiped was Apr 11, 2015). A lot of players have been playing on the server since 2015, they have everything and are bored. They have nothing to work for anymore. This relates to the next point.

2. New players are often bullied and raided on the server. It's hard to come to a new server where everybody has C4 and assault rifles (and huge stock piles of them too). Wiping the server will put everyone on equal playing ground.

3. Huge changes can be made after the server is wiped. Here are a few changes that can happen if there was a wipe:
    - New weapon pack (this is very hard to do without a wipe)
    - Lots of new cars (with general balancing of car prices, etc)
    - A fuck ton of balancing. Crafting need a huge balance update (Weapons are too easy to make. Certain money making methods are too strong or too weak)
    - Possibly a new inventory system (drag n drop style - will help with a lot of future items I want to implement)
    - Big economy updates. My intention for the server has and always will be a full player based economy. This will require a wipe.
    - Other changes which will require lots of testing and experimenting (such as the prop damage system and other gamemode mechanics that will hugely change gameplay)
    - A map change is possible, but would have to be thought about very extensively.​

Put it this way. The wipe will not happen till many of the things above are done. Basically ChronetRP v2. Generally lots of of new content and items will put into the gamemode.

A couple of other notes:
    - Rare items can be kept. Unlike the last wipe, the inventory database structure is far easier to work with now, meaning rare items can be put into a archive/storage of some sort. Items such as Christmas stars, etc will not be lost. Items gained in future events can he kept too.
    - This is not a quick process and I'd only expect a wipe in Q1 2017 (or basically - when it's done and ready)

So regarding the whole December/January time frame for the wipe, that is no longer in effect. The server will be wiped when everything is ready.

Innovation is always the key to success. And I honestly think that requires a wipe. In my mind, it will be 100% worth it to every player (new and old).

Please use this thread to discuss the wipe. Please only leave constructive criticism that is well thought out. Don't rage and bring unwanted negatively here.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    • Like x 13
    • Agree x 3
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. Jack Traid

Jack Traid Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Jack Traid
    Will player names be wiped too? Some people have had their RP names taken by alt accounts who got banned.
    I just hope players are smart enough to not to accidentally ruin the economy.
    Sounds good as long as all event / rare items are kept.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Apollo

Apollo Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Franky Wright
    I agree with everything of course and am seriously looking forward to everything you mentioned, especially the methods of making money and crafting weapons. One of the main reasons you usually have to wipe, besides massive updates that require wipes, is the reason that people have a boat load of money, have almost every blueprint to make a gun, and then have a stockpile of all those strong guns. When you get to that point, it's like you said. Boring for them because they have nothing to work for anymore, and it's boring for the newcomers because now everyone and their mother has the expensive cars, the strongest guns, and the money. It's a lose-lose situation because the current players get bored and the new players can't enjoy their gameplay 100% without being raided by these strong, expensive guns.

Looking forward to the money making methods being severely changed and guns being harder to make. Farming Is way too overpowered and you can make so much in one day. Guns are easy to make and people stock pile them.

Looking forward to the new cars and the changes to the prices(hopefully gas usage too). All I see are Lambo's and Bentley's. I want to see Mercedes, Ferrari, Porsche, Honda's, Nissans. I want to see more diversity of course and it probably would be hard to do so, but it would give more options obviously and give people a better feel about having their car instead of seeing five lambos in a row and thinking their car is shit.

Inventory and economy system sounds fun as shit. While I do think the inventory system we have now is pretty decent, I wouldn't mind moving to something new or better. As for the economy update, I do like the idea because it gives it more of an involvement feel with the players, and that's nice.

Weapon pack should be interesting, really. It would be nice to see some new weapons. If you need some beta testers to test the damage of whatever amount of weapons you add, us Trials and I'm sure the Admins will be more than happy to help @Simple .

As for a possible map change, I wouldn't mind at all really. While I do think Rockford is a extensive and open map, I'm open to see whatever else you want to put in.

Looking forward to everything!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nerva666

Nerva666 Premium Member

first week here was by far the roughest. i nearly quit the server couple times a day. but i don't see how that will change, in a week we will have guns and such and would be no different then current situation in this regard. I think this really just needs some minor rule tweeks and changes to really help, the wipe doesn't really. as far as the changes, will they be implemented onto the server or a test server? what can we expect from the weapons and cars? i would recommend just tossing the asterion since it just feels pointless. will there be new crafting things? is it only rares that will be kept?

sometimes becoming a SS bugs out the menu. the tow truck car sounds make errors. rocks are not placed completely above ground and can no longer respawn or be mined by players. did the m4a1 ever get fixed? or is it still banned? will we see a judge or new classes in these changes? can we get a damn trashcan at the docks? will paint can and unusable current items be removed? will gunpowder actually have a use? would love to see a car paintjob preview, the current system when i spawned prop and painted it ended up with different rgb codes. will the radio finally work again? will there be changes to organizations? many times the car's damage and stuff doesn't show. im sure there is even more i cant think of off the top of my head and i am sure even more others know of.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jack Traid

Jack Traid Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Jack Traid
    I'm going to fill in the big blank @Apollo left below:
    upload_2016-10-26_11-43-41.jpeg [​IMG]
    I'm sure it just slipped your mind ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Nerva666

Nerva666 Premium Member

and a reliant robin for jack

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Apollo

Roleplay name:
    Franky Wright
    With the way Simple plans to change the way people make money, meaning it won't be nearly as easy as it is now, probably a lot harder, and the way he's going to increase the difficulty to make guns, probably making it much harder as well, it won't be the same as it is now because making money is now much harder and making guns is much harder. I do see your point though. At one point it will somewhat become the same, it'll just take a lot longer to get to that point. If we want to prevent it from getting to where we are now, you can limit the amount of guns each person can have. Now that does sound dumb, but having 10 AK's, 4 M4's, 4 M3',s and 10 XM's is also very dumb as shit. Limiting the amount of guns each person can have will immediately stop everyone from stock piling guns and will make people more cautious with their guns instead of not giving a shit if they die or not because hey I have 30 more M3's! As for making money, it'll be a lot harder in general I'm assuming. Farming won't nearly make you as much and hopefully you don't make so much from your paychecks.

I forgot about them. Hopefully they add them too :d

8. Nerva666

Nerva666 Premium Member

point is. if its harder to get guns. when people come to raid. the newbies will not even be close to getting a gun. so bigger people within a week get first guns, raid people with literally nothing to defend themselves. which is why i estimate even making them harder does not solve the problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Apollo

Roleplay name:
    Franky Wright
    Taking a week to get a gun is pretty successful to me than getting ten guns in one day. You can make it nearly impossible to get a gun and people will still get one because it comes down to how long you play. People like me don't play many hours a day so it'll take longer for me to get a gun. Those to play like 6 hours a day every day with all that free time will get a gun in no time because they play so much. Not that I know what Simple has in plan for the revamp of making guns, but small guns like pistols could be the set that takes a while to make but not too long so new comers can make them too. It's the big guns that will take a long time to get, meaning not many people will have them a lot of the time because even if you get one, you have to make another and it's going to take a hell of a long time. So you have all that time to die and lose your already made gun that took ages to make. It can easily be balanced

10. aidcon

aidcon Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Swan Hsu
    I am really looking forward to all of these ideas and I excited to see what the server will become.
    Can you also add hats?

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Apollo

Roleplay name:
    Franky Wright
    Hatssss. Great suggestion papi chulo

12. Nerva666

Nerva666 Premium Member

the crafting materials for guns definitely agree needs to be rebalanced. but one of the biggest problems is raiding will be vs new people with no guns to even defend themselves, then we have made it even harder for new players. especially depending on the economy changes. i guess we will need to teir the guns out, so it wont be hard for defenders to at least have a pistol. and i think depending on the changes possible basing rules changed slightly. would take a large amount of time to figure it out and fine tune it.

13. Apollo

Roleplay name:
    Franky Wright
    It was always a sort of an unwritten rule to never raid new people because one, they have nothing and two, they are new people and you want people to play not have people leave. That sort of went away over the time because people didn't care, but I see what you mean. Something will be thought of to balance it out

14. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Alekseyevich Yuri
    Yes. I agree. I like this line of thinking.
    Okay, okay, I kinda agree. Of course, players will quickly build up huge stock piles of assault rifles again, but for a while it will be even.
    Nice, nice, I especially like:
    Because many money making methods are CERTAINLY too weak. Anyone remember the last time they saw someone growin' fucking mushrooms?
    Then again, that's probably because they were buggy as fuck, because half of the spots outside or in yards were recognized as the server as "Inside", thus not allowing mushrooms to grow there.
    This too. I like player-driven economy.
    Yey.

15. James Newman

James Newman Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    James Newman
    Well, this ideas are actually neat:

But, on the other hand, a wipe will most likely piss me off because I've worked so hard to get all my cars and I don't want to start farming again, it's just boring.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Brunnea

Brunnea Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Nisha Clarke
    Honestly, so long as the wipe goes off without a hitch, I'm completely down for it.

But I have to ask again somewhat, as I didn't see it mentioned:
    Dupes?
    Wipe or stay?

17. Mark15777

Mark15777 Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Mark Diamond
    If it's like last time then they stay.

18. Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Miraak Moonstone
    Server wipe!? Now we can be equal! YES! YES YES!!!!!!!!

Ohhhhh yeaaa
    Mmmm

Somewhere over the rainbow,
    Way up high.
    There's a land that I've heard of,
    Once in a lullaby.

Skies are blue.
    And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.

Someday I wish upon a star, (someday I wish upon a star)
    Where the clouds are far far far behind me
    (And wake up where the clouds are far behind me)
    Where.

All my troubles melt like lemon drops.
    Way above the chimney tops, (way above the chimney tops)
    That is where you will find me.

Bluebirds fly.
    If birds can fly over over the rainbow,
    Then why, then why can't I
    (Bids fly high, why can't I)
    Ohh wahy ohhh why ohhh why ohhh
    (If birds fly high, why can't I)
    If every little bluebirds fly (if every bird fly)
    Over the rainbow,
    Somebody tell me why, somebody tell me
    (If bids fly high, why can't I)
    Why can't I.

I guess I'm a hippie for chronet now

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. Turska

Turska Premium Member

Many of us have been working very hard for our nice cars but at the end, we all have think about the GREATER GOOD here. Like Simple said some of the new updates will require wipe.

Personally i think its good and if i already have grinded three times before this wipe i can do it the forth time.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. SCORPEANrtd

SCORPEANrtd Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    But.... What about my 6 Melons? Will they be revived?
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1