1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Read the sticky before posting a staff application!

Numbuh 1's Admin Application. -- Snip --

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Numbuh 1, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Numbuh 1

Numbuh 1 Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Tommy Strapolli
    -Snip- After recent events and speaking with friends and not wanting to butt heads with any others on the staff team.

I have come to the conclusion that I will not have any time to fill my position if I was chosen as a staff member because of work.

Thanks to everyone for the support but now is not the time.
    - Tommy ;)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Brad Bates

Brad Bates Premium Member

+1

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Poob

Poob Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Elliot Ronson
    -1 I know he'll have all his buddies come +1 his app.(since everybody that would -1 his app is banned) But personally I blame him and his lackeys for the downfall of chronet. They're a very toxic group that harasses anybody that opposes them. They basically bully people they don't like off the server. Why do you think they're the only active players on the server now?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    • Funny x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  4. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    You're a good guy and you'll get accepted anyway but..

I don't think that your personality and temperament are a good fit.

Sorry.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Metro Boomin

Metro Boomin Well-Known Member

This, and the fact that he can be very arrogant and power-hungry.

6. Numbuh 1

Numbuh 1 Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Tommy Strapolli
    I'm not really sure what you mean by my personality and temperament maybe you can elaborate?

My role-play character and me are two completely different entities.

In general I am an extremely chill person who's just trying to have fun on Garry's mod I have no intentions of breaking the rules and do not appreciate when others do. I just hop on to play with friends sell guns record videos and role-play.

My role-play character on the other hand is very sporadic screams a lot and does not take bullshit from anyone. I try to get a laugh out of people with this behavior.

I was always raised to be a straight shooter. If I have a problem with you I'm going to tackle it head on and not beat around the bush. This can be good and bad but like they say there's two sides to every coin.

Either way I respect your opinion and thank you for it.
    --- Post updated ---
    I would say it's more pride them arrogance. Not sure what you're talking about with the power-hungry thing though
    --- Post updated ---
    I seen this coming for mile away. I have nothing to comment on this except for the fact that if they were good players and didn't break the rules and they wouldn't be banned in the first place.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. P0PION

P0PION Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeff Lansky
    Neutral. I'm stuck in the middle for this one.

8. Poob

Poob Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Elliot Ronson
    They got banned for playing the server the way they used to. The staff team changed, not them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BlueberryMuffin

BlueberryMuffin Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marsha Newman
    Maybe the way they used to play did not comply with the rules.
    You mean we gained more people to help catch their rulebreaks type of change?
    Anyways: neutral for now. Can't make up my mind yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Poob

Poob Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Elliot Ronson
    No, you guys took Semi-Serious out of the name. Now the server's like Nazi Germany and if you disrespect the F├╝hrer or his officers you get permabanned.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Brenadryl

Brenadryl Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Bren Hiraeth
    having roleplayed a lot with Tommy and spending a lot of time with him in game, I think he'd make a good admin. He enforces rules and is an amazing RPer. He's on everyday and is all around just a chill dude.

+1

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. Thicc Krillin

Thicc Krillin Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Bill Tweedle
    +1.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. James Newman

James Newman Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    James Newman
    Quite honestly, this admin application isn't coming as a surprise for me. I already saw this application coming months ago. However, I've got a couple of flaws to point out:
    • Doesn't seem to have the ability to stay respectful and diplomatic, and is somewhat aggressive: This isn't just a single instance situation, be aware. I get that sometimes people hold certain grudges against people, nothing wrong with that. However, an admin should, in my opinion, stay respectful and diplomatic at all times. Here's an example to support my point:

Note that this happened at the funeral of Cobb Sun (@AspiringSun). Again, I get that you don't like @AspiringSun, there's always people out there that we don't like, but let me ask, have you ever heard someone like Kai saying on the server "I'm glad that this minge is gone, he was an asshole" in such an aggressive and blatant manner? I'll leave it there.

• Player seems somewhat paranoiac: Now, we'll go to this situation that happened some time ago when @AspiringSun mugged your party members at the blue warehouse's parking lot (the one at the industrial area). I have to admit that I had no clue about a rule regarding to mugging in the parking lot of the blue warehouse while a base is being built, especially considering the fact that I thought your party members were just loitering around in the parking lot. A few days later after the incident, I was told to spectate you and I heard you saying that I was "planning a conspiracy against Chronet", that I "married @BlueberryMuffin just to manipulate her" and what not (and be aware that there's plenty of other people who have heard you saying this as well). Let me say this straight, don't you think you're underestimating @BlueberryMuffin by saying that she's being manipulated by me? And secondly, don't you think that if I was ever planning a conspiracy against Chronet, why would I apply for admin, or even waste 13 weeks of playtime on this server? I honestly believe this is rather paranoia than anything else because I find no other logical explanation for these actions.
    With all of these points being said, I am not giving you my support. -1.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Balbinus Calvus

Balbinus Calvus Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Henry Jones
    chill guy, never seen him break any rules, nor have I heard of him ever breaking any rules.

+1

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Thanos1902

Thanos1902 Member

Going with a -1 because of the things said above.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Vhondy

Vhondy Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Matt Czosnyka
    +1 knows the rules well and would be able to enforce them

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Tommo

Tommo Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Lolcouch Lampshade
    +1 Would like to see as part of the admin team.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. George

George Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Gremory
    I'm neutral, but I'm definitely leaning towards a +1 I just have a couple concerns with the following post(s) above, but that may obviously change as I get to understand the situation further.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. cash

cash Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Brandon Czosnkya
    +1 i understand that his in game character can be a little powerful at times but if you have ever talked to him outside of chronet hes very chill and mature about things. And to what James Newman said, he is not an admin he is applying to be one, i doubt that you played the same way when you weren't an admin, you probably are more respectful and looking out for broken rules moreso now being an admin knowing that it is expected of you

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Numbuh 1

Numbuh 1 Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Tommy Strapolli

I completely understand. Lets clear a few things up.

I am completely capable of respecting others.
    In order to get respect you must give respect. I will not allow Cobb to walk over me and treat me as a piece of garbage to help stroke his ego. He was a minge. Simple as that. I stated my opinion. Is that not what staff does? Do you not discuss players on the server and your opinions?

I have done all that the admins/CM's asked of me and have always provided as much evidence as possible to any situation that needed help.
    @Jack Traid and @Kai Can Vouch for this as I have went out of my way to help them catch Mass RDMers and staff misbehaving multiple times before.
    I have done nothing to warrant a watchdog to spectate me. I can understand if I was doing something breaking server rules. But I was never known to troll or minge players. I simply stated (In a private conversation) that I felt like you may try and *Target* me for me having proof of your previous transgressions while on duty.

I am blunt and to the point.

If you dont like what I said about you there is a way that you can stop spectating and listening. I never invited you to listen so of course the subject matter is going to offend you. I was asked a question and I answered.

On the subject of Blueberry.
    I was speaking with other members of the community and I am not the only one who feels that you *Use* Blueberry. People think that she is your scapegoat. All of the staff have opinions. They are meant to stay in the private space. That is where mine was meant to stay until you released it publicly.

I have ABSOLUTELY nothing against blueberry. I think of @George @Tommo and @BlueberryMuffin as friends. She has never done anything to me and I have no reason to dislike her AT ALL. She is simply caught in the middle of it all.

On the subject of paranoia.
    Considering the fact that you stated you were watching me and listening in to my conversations without my knowledge I can say. Yes I am a tiny bit paranoid when I know that you go out of your way to
    concentrate on me. Its crazy I attract so much of your attention. I know its not only me that you spectate constantly but it is really flattering.
    This is such a hypocritical point.

You call me paranoid for something that I knew was going on. Yet you got other players banned for saying the country you are from.
    and you call me paranoid.
    Not the state.
    Not the city.
    Not the street.
    The country...
    But hey.. I was the one who provided the evidence that got him banned in the first place. For you.
    Did I think it was an idiotic reason to ban him for? Yes.
    Did I still provide the evidence when requested from a senior administrator? Yes.

The Cobb Sun Funeral.
    Blueberry watched it and said nothing. If someone had a problem with it they did not have to attend.
    You have had Weddings.
    I had a funeral. Its role play.
    Blueberry seemed pretty happy when she banned Cobb..
    [​IMG]

The Warehouse Situation.
    I had been trying to ask you to call another admin as you were seen rolling around with Cobb the whole time and watched him mug 3 of my friends while building... That is a conflict of interest... You watched them break the rules and did nothing about it and were apart of it. Which is why I wanted another admin to handle it.
    [​IMG]

When you brought us to the sit you were acting extremely passive aggressive. When I was trying to explain to you.
    [​IMG]
    and acting like because you and Nikolai are the same rank his opinion doesn't matter. That is until I called for him to come and you agreed.
    [​IMG]
    After all of this I asked to speak with Nikolai privately and you said ok and flew away and in true James Newman fashion.
    Started spectating me in a private conversation yet again.

You sure do love to spectate. That's why
    -Snip-
    -WAS ASKED TO REDACT BY PLAYER-

This is all I currently have to say on the matter.
    I have opinions just like the rest of you.
    I have done nothing but try to help the server by reporting the minges and trolls and helping staff whenever I can.
    I am a very nice guy. Its role play. If I scream and act erratic IC then it stays IC. You RP your way and I will mine. Please do not try and dictate what is proper staff material based on what I do to make my friends and myself have a good time on chronet.

- Tommy ;)

• Agree Agree x 1