1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Read the sticky before posting a staff application!

Nikki's Admin Application

Discussion in 'Closed Staff Applications' started by Nikki, Jan 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikki

Nikki Member

Your In-Game name:
    Nikki Bates
    Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:59544334
    Country & Timezone:
    United States - Eastern
    Server Playtime:
    Playtime: 13562 minutes | 226.03 hour(s) | 9.42 day(s)
    Past Experience:
    When I first began playing on Gmod I joined a regular DarkRP server. After playing for a while I began to find more enjoyment in helping others than constantly playing the game. It wasn't long before I was given the opportunity to become a Mod and within a few months I was promoted to Admin. I enjoyed this position and was very sad to have to leave this community behind. I had to put my rl first and step back. However, I miss being able to help others in a way a normal player can not. I want to help the community grow in a positive way and hope that I have given that impression with my time being on the server.
    Have you donated?
    I have 3 month premium.
    Why do you think you deserve to be admin?
    Based on my experience, maturity and overall understanding. I have the patience to deal with situations as well as the knowledge to handle them correctly. I am confident with my ability to make a positive change to the community. I am on the server quite a lot so I'd certainly be active. I would like for Chronet to be a positive experience for everyone and I know without order or organization that is not possible. There are a lot of times that no staff are on and I see something that could easily be handled if they were. It pains me to know that if given this opportunity I could have saved the server in certain instances. A few days ago there was an issue with a prop spammer repeatedly crashing the server. After vote kicking him 2-3 times we finally gave up. If I were given this position.. I would have been there to do more than just kick him. I would love to add to the active staff members to create a better community for all.
    Extra notes:
    Add me on steam if you have any questions ♥

2. FearNoodleツ

FearNoodleツ Member

3. Minecraft and Chill

Minecraft and Chill Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Vaga Bond
    +1
    Reason you ask?
    1.) She's kind and friendly
    2.) She knows how to correctly RP
    3.) She's mature
    4.) She understands the rules
    5.) Why would you NOT like her?
    I think she deserves admin if anything.

4. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Joe Diamond
    -1. Reason being, she does not do anything RP wise. She bases, becomes Mayor, and that's about it. She doesn't stand out in any way.

5. SCORPEANrtd

SCORPEANrtd Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    While you have been a bit helpful with a few Ban Requests it seems, as well as pretty much fitting all the requirements... I don't know that i've seen you in game ever, but this is likely due to my recent inactivity... That being said, i'd have to wait before I decided my final vote...

The one thing however, that I have noticed, is your lack of forum posts, which are only 2 (This is because certain sections don't count towards overall posts, such as Fast Threads, Ban Requests, or Ban Appeals... Even if they had, you'd still only have 17 as of right now)... While you don't necessarily need a high post count to apply as admin, you must keep in mind that the forums are a large part of the community, and interaction on here, as well as on the server is pretty important... If you wish to become an Admin, you will need to be well known on both the Server and the Forums...
    Even though you've been a member on the forums for over half a year, I do suggest potentially posting an introduction, so that people can know who you are. As well as replying to things like suggestions, forum games, etc. Now i'm not saying just open every recent thread up and post in it, but you should become more active in the Forums community as well.
    This leads me to believe that perhaps your Application was a bit rushed.

Staying Neutral as of right now, get more well known on the Forums for sure.

6. Nikki

Nikki Member

This comment is very disconcerting for me. My first thought is that I'm sad that you haven't seen the RP I have taken place in. I enjoy RP greatly and love to interact with the community. As Mayor, which I do enjoy, I involve the civilians greatly. Polls on law ideas, at home vists/meetings with concerned citizens, having court sessions and over all interacting with the civilians. Beyond that I would like to inform you on the RP situations I have been a part of.
    Adoption Agency, Lawyer, Restaurant are the first to come to mind. Adoption agency was probably the most fun. :p

• Like Like x 1
  7. Penguinzerg_

Penguinzerg_ Member

no, . This person has nine days... nine. Also from what ive heard shes not really liked by the community which could cause problems in the future. Also the fact that all you do is farm and kinda become mayor at times is not reasurring. MASSIVE -1 Just a reminder to anyone planning on being an admin
    • You must have been a member of Chronet for at least 30 days.

8. Nikki

Nikki Member

I have been a member for over 30 days, as the admin stated, my account is over half a year long. I quit coming on for a while and recently came back. Also, everyone in the community seems to have a positive outlook on me. Please do not take RP situations into consideration making this biased. I recently left your RP family and have been a target ever since although I was welcomed back into it today by someone else.

9. Illusion

Roleplay name:
    Joe Diamond
    I am on the server everyday. When I see you on, you are not RPing at all.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nikki

Nikki Member

Do you interact with me? Do you try to speak to me to know what I am doing or what RP I am taking place in? To an outsider or someone who is not usually in my RP environment I see how this could cause confusion.

-- I would like to add that al negative comments that have been posted thus far have been from the 'Browns' family. I recently chose to leave this family and wish they'd be mature enough to not feel the need to leave biased comments. If they judged me as a person, which they haven't taken the time to get to know me personally and took part in my roleplay, they would not be saying said things.

11. TheSillyDuck

TheSillyDuck Well-Known Member

+1

So far from what I've seen, Nikki RPs properly when on the server, and doesn't act like a cunt. Almost every time I have seen Nikki online, she has been RPing in some way, shape, or form. I haven't had any scenarios where I thought Nikki was immature, rude, or in general had a negative impact on my game-play. My only issue is that Nikki bases consistently, but then again that is the best way to make cash. Anyway, she RPs just as much as she bases so it balances it out in my opinion.

While I did give a +1, I still believe you should try and get to know the community better. With hardly any posts on the forums, and not that much playtime, I fear that players may not know you very well and will not be able to give a proper verdict on their thoughts.

12. Illusion

Roleplay name:
    Joe Diamond
    I know enough to come to my conclusions. I would not post my opinion if I was not sure if it was true.

13. Syotos

Syotos Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Syotos Garfin
    I honestly think I've only seen you play as mayor or base (not bad thing), so whenever I get on I'll be sure to keep you in mind. From my very little experience with you, you seem to have a good understanding of the rule and are a generally kind person. But for now I'll be NEUTRAL considering I have a good at least 7 months to make a decision ;)

14. aidcon

aidcon Retired Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Swan Ronson
    I would suggest getting more active on the forums and you should get to know the rest of the player base that resides here. As of now it is a -1.

15. Christ

Christ Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Damian Wright
    For now, I'm going to say -1. I mostly only see you as a mayor who sits atop town hall. (To be fair though, I'm on at odd hours. I don't see you much) Although I don't believe we've had any issues with you breaking rules, I've not yet seen you actively help out the player base or participate in RP. I'd suggest, as aidcon said, trying to become more active and involved with the community via both the forums and server. RPing is probably the best way to get your name out there on the server, and I really hope to see you around and helping out more. I'll post back at a later date after you're better known and give you a much more detailed opinion.

To sum it up, I try to reserve neutral and +1 for players that I really recognize. And well... I really don't know you at all aside from the little bit mentioned above. Some forum activity would be a good start.

16. 毒性Dokusei

毒性Dokusei Member

I think Nikki is a very nice lady and we need someone sweet and nice on the staff team not somebody like Swan Wright most abusive admin ever.
    +1 For my bebe gurl Nikki

17. Sonador

Sonador Active Member

Unsure. I've seen you stir up drama in OOC, but I've also talked with you and you seem a decent person. I'll edit this post or reply again once I've had a chance to tip one way or the other. I think you have potential regardless, but I'd like to be a little more clear on your character first.

18. Metro Boomin

Metro Boomin Well-Known Member

• Don't double post.
    I'm going to have to say +1. She is a very friendly generous player and isn't negative towards anybody. Basing is a really effective way of getting cash and so what if a player spends some time farming? Keep in mind she has no bans at all.

Actually I'm pretty sure the browns aren't "the community" because you guys are the only people that don't like her tbh.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2016
  19. Markoozy

Markoozy Retired Sever Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marko Milosevic

I can't speak for how you act on the server, as I am currently... unable to access a computer worth more than $100.

Nikki, a good way to get adminship is to make yourself known in a good light. Try to encourage RP as much as possible. Get known on the forums as they are the #1 way to spread yourself around, and if someone doesn't see you on the server, they'll see you on the forums and be able to pass at least some judgement on you. The simple fact is that many people don't know you too well, especially the more involved people in the community. I'd suggest waiting a while, making yourself known, then reapplying.

We run a pretty tight ship when it comes to administration, and the community doesn't accept people lightly. You really have to prove yourself. Do it, come back, and prosper.

20. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Marshal Mallow
    -1 Starts too many ooc arguments... generally acts unpleasant and rude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.