1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Read the sticky before posting a staff application!

TRIAL Nickhbu's Admin Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Nickhbu, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Nickhbu

Nickhbu Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Nickolis LaVey
    I was just going to ignore everything in the hopes that it would die off and not be a big deal, but I guess that's not gonna happen. So i'll go into detail with the story so everyone knows whats up, but before I do, lets clear a few of the already created misunderstandings up.

I don't know what ordeal you are referring to, but this is about me having some of Blofart's troll post deleted, and him accusing Anthony of being a troll.

Everyone is most certainly entitled to their own opinion, and I encourage everyone to post their opinions/views/thoughts. However, what Blofart was doing was overstepping the boundaries of merely "stating an opinion". You can say you don't like me, that's certainly fine, but giving lies as your reason for disliking me is inappropriate at best, along with how he was, and continues to give negative ratings to everyone who says anything even remotely positive of me.

Adam didn't have a br posted on him, and this is the part of the post where I will explain, in it's entirety, what happened before my app blows up into an argument filled flame fest. Last night, I was a little drunk and was having fun in an RP Diner ran by an individual with both a female name and character model, but was obviously male (relevant to later in the story). I was having my fun ordering ribs and getting others off of the street to come in and order ribs, along with Ryan and Evan. However, Adam was wanted for murder I believe, and he told the mayor at gunpoint to unwant him. The mayor did, but when he reached safety he re wanted Adam, and this happened one more time before Adam finally killed him. The individual who was running the diner had a TV with the news on, and upon seeing what was going on ran to where the mayor was. He saw Adam go into the elevator and notified SWAT, which then arrested Adam for killing the Mayor. We returned to our fun from ordering ribs for the rest of the night, but in the morning I woke up to a discord message from Adam calling me a "White knight", a "drunk retard", etc. He was upset because he was arrested, and I assume he was upset with me for patronizing the individual who caused that to happen. I don't know why he would be so upset about that, but it's his deal I suppose. In a brief moment of anger, I fired a couple insults and logical errors of his argument back to him, and then promptly blocked him on discord. He then messaged me on steam, and little to no conversation was had before I blocked him there as well. Upon that happening, he edited his post to a -1, which I don't really mind, if someone doesn't like me they have the right to feel like I shouldn't be an admin. However, telling lies to support your opinion, especially one as serious as
    is unacceptable to me, as well as overstepping the boundaries of stating your opinion by downvoting anything positive. Do with this information as you will, but please do not continue this argument.

@Lava_Master I'm not saying you shouldn't rate people's posts, I just find the superfluous dumb ratings to be without purpose if not to troll. By all means, agree and like whatever you want, but spam dumbing/disliking posts just because they don't conform to your own opinion, in my eyes, is immature. The negativity is unneeded. I'd prefer opinions to be expressed in positive ways, regardless of whether they are positive or negative in regards to me. In my opinion, you should only ever dish out a dumb rating if it really stands out as dumb, and the person wasn't just expressing humor you don't understand. It just kills fun with negativity if you dumb someone's post just because.

Haha well thank you for the support my man, but is there anything you think I should work on?

read the post @Blofart, I'm seriously getting tired of arguing with you.
    I clearly said I'd like for you to share your opinion, but you in particular haven't even shared an opinion, all you do is rate stuff dumb and say things that are totally out of line, like implying that your opinion isn't welcome here, even though I clearly stated above that it is,
    or implying that I carry sole responsibility and fault for anything and everything that anyone associated with me does. They are not on my leash, they are not on any leash, and yet you continue to try to make yourself believe that everything they do falls on me, which is backed up by your thought that whatever happened between you and @Hammy The Gorilla falls on me as well. This will be my last reply to you unless you stop rate spamming and trolling, and actually give some feedback other than leave the Pooters and share a genuine opinion.

@beanycheese thanks for the support matey, also your riyulbs are A1 :eek:kayhandemoji:

@Illusion I don't get the point of this part...
    What do you think I'm trying to do by applying for admin? Yeah, I took a break. Don't really see how this is relevant to anything.
    If the being an "asshole" part was your only reason for -1ing me, it would be the most genuine and backed up -1 I've received so far, however...
    What is this shown by? Or is this just an opinion of yours?

All in all, I'm known IRL to be a humongous asshole, however I do not see how that could effect my ability to perform what would be needed of me as an Admin. The lacking skills part may be true, I'm ignorant to Admin commands, but Ryan said that if I am to be given a trial position he would teach me said commands. As for the maturity, I'm going to have to just flat out disagree with you there. If you give me something to go off of I can work on it, though.

Thank you for posting the most feedback filled -1 yet, I actually appreciate it. Please respond with what you can so I can work on improving.

why you gotta do me like that ;_;

[​IMG]

I haven't been on in a few days, I have to get up at 4:30 in the morning for work. So, when I get home I watch Netflix for a little and go to bed. This is not permanent, but that's why I have been inactive recently. So no, you have not been stupid at all, but I appreciate the maturity in acknowledging the possibility.
    @Coolrune206

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  2. Lava_Master

Lava_Master Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Mike Rader
    I truthfully think rating people's posts with their own opinion isn't trolling. That's his opinion, the spamming should be reported to a admin

• Like Like x 1
  3. Islexic

Islexic Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Artur Mohammed
    +1

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Blofart

Blofart Member

Actually I got a shit ton of your followers dumbing me up..@Nickhbu get a better leash for them, I am sure we can all get along ! I have contributed plenty! And have earned my say here... Like it or not !!

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. RitzyStudios

RitzyStudios Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Evan Pooter
    The reason why you have a shit ton of followers "dumbing you up" is because you made a post targeting all of the pooters. You talked shit on all of us when more than half of us don't even know who you are. Sure you have your say doesn't mean any of us have to agree with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. beanycheese

beanycheese Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Maxine Westen
    +1 I was a little skeptical at first, but this guy is very nice and admin worthy.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Kai

Kai Community Manager Forum Moderator Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ash Wright
    IMHO post ratings have no place in this forum section, I actually I think post ratings are dumb altogether, there have been more arguments over ratings because of silly childish behaviour where people simply cannot resist the urge to be a cunt.
    There's a simple solution, stop using them. (If you're using them maliciously, expect an infraction.)

As per the arguing in this thread.
    If you want to make your opinion known then please do so, If you guys want to have a discussion then this is not the correct place to do it, so take it up in private or not at all.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Apollo

Apollo Retired Staff Member Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Franky Wright
    Hope you liked my rating

9. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Joe Diamond
    He didn't bother to stay and fix them though, did he? Nope, he left.

Asshole when I met him, asshole ever since. Easiest -1 I've ever given. I actually thought this was a troll application at first. There is no doubt that you don't have the skills and maturity to do this job.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    • Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  10. SCORPEANrtd

SCORPEANrtd Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    You have my support so long as you stay sober while on the server and forums. +1

• Like Like x 3
  11. Hades

Hades Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Nikolai Botanski
    If that was a requirement, I'm fairly certain @Christ would've never become admin.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Alekseyevich Yuri
    Despite increasing my activity again, I have not seen you recently at all. Unless I have and I'm being a forgetful idiot. Which is entirely possible, so if you've seen me on the server, yell at me for being stupid.

My rating is incredibly likely to change if I see you being active.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Christ

Christ Retired Ban Request Overlord Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Damian Wright
    I mean, we weren't supposed to get on the forums/server when drunk/stoned/using some other mindset-altering drug. I didn't find that out til a long time after I was hired, so I decided to just to keep on doing what I was doing. I received many angry PMs in my day about how I had apparently wronged some player. yet not once did anyone even note that I was completely plastered during the whole admin sit. I still don't understand this.

I'm also not advising that you do your admin work the way I did, if you were to be hired. It's fucking terrible for you.

14. Hammy

Hammy Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Hammy Baker
    I originally wasn't going to comment on this but I don't see why I shouldn't anymore.
    Nick is one of the most mature people I know, during the summer last summer he gave up constantly gaming to work 4 jobs, 4 fucking jobs. No matter how much arguing was constantly going on in discord nick is always the one trying to calm everyone down and asses the situation. Nick is one of the chilliest dudes I know and I'm proud to say him and I are IRL friends even if he did mug me at 11:00 at night while on skype with @SCORPEANrtd. Nick fully deserves the position as Trial admin. +1 hope to see you on the admin team Soon™

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Medic

Medic Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    Kept forgetting to post my feedback. It's going to be an obvious +1 from me. Just from playing with Nick and having many convos about staff experiences, situations, skills, commands, etc. I feel hes more than ready by now. Just like many other staff members, he's came a long way as a player and is ready for this next step.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Kai

Kai Community Manager Forum Moderator Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ash Wright
    Almost forgot about you Nick, welcome to the team!

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. ganggang6299

ganggang6299 Active Member

Good Job Nick, Ik how bad you wanted this :) have fun

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Nickhbu

Nickhbu Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Nickolis LaVey
    I LOVE YOU KAI

we tryna finna jeffy

• Like Like x 2
  19. Hades

Hades Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Nikolai Botanski
    Congrats Nick! I expect great things from you and I know you won't let me down!

• Like Like x 1
  20. CYJ11

CYJ11 Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    George Castelluccio
    Congratulations, you really did deserve it Nick.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1