1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New trial admins and admin team cleanup

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Simple, May 23, 2016.

1. Markoozy

Markoozy Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marko Milosevic
    Man, I don't think I have the will to go through with getting a pHd. The whole process is too acidic

I don't know man. Planning for the future is tough. It's almost time for me to start deciding on a college and I'm not even fully sure what I want to do as a career. Good luck to you on that Master's and pHd. You're basically my role model right now.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Clawness

Clawness Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Robert Wolf
    It took me a long time to decide as well (actually this year I first considered that I might want to apply for a PhD (after already being in uni for 4 years hehe). All I can say to everyone really, although it might look like it is years away from now, start orienting on what you might want to do as early as you can, and once you make up your mind, give it your 100% :p. And yes sometimes that means you have to cut down on your most favorite hobby (gaming ofc), but you'd feel really stupid if you look back in 5 years and are like... damn I wished I had given some dedication to my education instead of playing games all day. (I am guilty of this for all of high school btw, just started try harding in uni because I actually liked what they taught me there (it was actually useful).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Markoozy

Markoozy Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marko Milosevic
    I was really hoping you would mention the chemistry joke I added in there :(

Anyways, I kind of misled you when I said I have no idea what I want to do. I do. Programming and Computer Sciences interest me, but I also love to do Animation, especially 3D animation and modeling. I am practicing my drawing so I can draw better, which also might be something I am interested in.

As for the whole "no games for school" deal, I am the same. I find that my high school teaches me very little of use. I only take most of these AP classes because of their value on a report card, not for their value of information. I will be taking AP Computer Science and Studio Art (basically drawing class) next year, so hopefully I'll be much more engaged then, and even more so when I hit college.

Thanks for the advice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Stiggy

Stiggy Retired Community Management Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Sam Driscoll
    Stop making me feel bad bro

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Aluminum Potassium Sulfate

Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Server Admin