1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New rules regarding mayor.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Alexander Brooks, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Alexander Brooks

Alexander Brooks Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Martin Lusso
    There have been quite a bit of issues lately, some I'd like to address. Mainly being the mayor role.

The mayor role is a very desired role, the highest paying job on the server however many people abuse it.

It happened 3 times, 3 times yesterday where people became Mayor then resigned literally 1 second after just to hurt the eco and to delay a mayor election for another 5 minutes, 2 of them set the taxes to the max before resigning, ruining the eco and hurting the player economy. There needs to be rules against this.

2. Hako

Hako Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Tony Conway
    a new rule isnt necessary as it most likely falls under failrp

3. Clorox Bleach

Clorox Bleach Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Seymour Jackson
    Why make rules against it? If someone is a bad mayor don’t elect them and I think I know who u said resigned after winning and they said they forgot they entered

4. Canadian-bacon

Canadian-bacon Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    Taxes are reset when they resign. Setting it to max does nothing.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. AngryBaldMan

AngryBaldMan Community Manager

Roleplay name:
    Andrew Harrison
    Rules are being completely revamped anyways.

6. Minecraft and Chill

Minecraft and Chill Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Vaga Bond
    There already is an existing rule on it. People are allowed to do this and be a bad mayor.

8.7.3. You are allowed to roleplay as a 'bad' mayor.
    • This refers to a mayor who behaves like a dictator, levying heavy taxes and restrictions on their citizens.
    • If there is an admin online at the time, you should ask for permission first.
    Now looking at it though, I agree it needs a change. It's pretty stupid for players to just come on and do that, then complain when they die.

I think there should be a rule added under RDM where no matter what, if a mayor RPs as a "bad" mayor (given the previous description of what a bad one is), they should be able to be assassinated at any time and not bitch about it when they die when players are trying to afford basic shit and play the game.