1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by James Gambino, Dec 30, 2017.

1. James Gambino

James Gambino Active Member

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Canadian-bacon

Canadian-bacon Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    As far as I'm concerned drives by's are more of a problem to have than it would be to increase RP. Considering VCmod has this already, we disabled it for a reason.

Punching to death is disabled to stop new player minges from beating people in spawn. At least if we implement melee weapons. (Example brass knuckles; 5 dmg) it'd be more difficult for a minge to obtain.

I agree heavily, the current gambling with /roll needs a major re-work.

The problem with C4 mass unfreezing props is the potential performance issues or even server crash with an ensuing blast. As of now C4's are used to clear out tight nit bases in a raid.

As far as I can see, the other suggestions are fun and creative, I'll add on to this post if I have further input.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. cash

cash Member

Roleplay name:
    Brandon Czosnkya
    Lots of good ideas that id like to see implemented but some seem too serious rp based whereas chronet is semi serious and im not sure how the player base would react

• Like Like x 1
  4. InfantHades

InfantHades Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Nikolai Botanski
    These are some nice ideas. I feel as though discussions would need to made for some of them, considering the potential for something like drive-by shooting to be abused. However, a lot can be countered with an increased access to the logs for staff, so it's definitely something to talk about.
    The more RP potential, the merrier.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. P0PION

P0PION Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeff Lansky
    You can get a mod on the workshop that allows players to be damaged in chairs/cars.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sebastian Prome

Sebastian Prome Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Bodhi Pow
    I like these ideas, but maybe admins should have kill logs not damage logs (if they dont already have them). Also, I wouldn't see much risk in having punch to death because it still takes a lot of time to punch them.
    Honestly mingles wasting their life punching someone would be easily prevented by the amount of people with guns so its really about protecting yourself. However, I really like the idea of brass knuckles, but maybe more damage because these things are more powerful than knifes irl/devastating weapons illegal in most states which most knifes arent. Making c4 cheaper is not a good idea as c4s can cause mini 9-11's and will be be more disposal if its cheaper causing disasters. Drive-bys would be awesome but its a huge change from normal driving, so maybe it should be restricted to a single seat - that can use a gun while driving. I don't really gamble that much myself but making a better system would probably mean way less people will be risking money in gambling... (Because lets say theres a 900k roll and one guy loses he would be tempted to run away and not do it and people will have the money instantly ripped from them which will prevent a lot of gambling in my opinion) Although I know this is a pretty stupid mindset the gambling system should be fixed but fixing it may cause less gambling... Drag body should also be added, it would be very useful for stealth and other purposes. Cooking items, cigars and amenities, booze effects, and pool tables would definitely improve the rp. I also 100% support other melee weapons, in short many of these are very good ideas - but unfortunately simple doesn't look at suggestions...

7. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    If C4 mass unfroze certain props(like flower pots!), that would crash the server.

I know this because I found out the hard way.

8. James Gambino

No, I don't want C4 to unfreeze props. I was simply stating that I've seen servers were C4 can do this, which is why I think it's not overpowered on Chronet. C4 that can unfreeze props should be for non-custom DarkRP servers because they have different basing rules and usually allow a cluster fuck of props for defenses. I just don't want it removed

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    At this point there may not be a choice.

It's been abused time and time again. The C4 has gotta go.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Finally

Finally Well-Known Member

realizes I have 9 C4 in the bank...

11. Clorox Bleach

Clorox Bleach Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Seymour Jackson
    u can abuse guns to mass rdm also lets remove those then

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. James Gambino

How's it being abused? This is the first I heard of this

13. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    true. my main thing is the C4 is basically instant death.

you haven't been paying attention long enough is all. this discussion has been on the table longer than either of us have been in the community.

14. Sebastian Prome

Roleplay name:
    Bodhi Pow
    Ffs c4 are fine the only people that would protest against c4s are poor people who can’t even afford a car and admins/staff with a different POV... C4s are hard to acquire for noobs and not many people sell them and it’s not that big of a problem because rdm applies to it which causes you to be very cautious ( if a single wrong person does in the huge radius blast then it’s rdm ) Also minges can’t afford C4s and the only people that can afford them aren’t dumb enough to waste them

15. Clorox Bleach

Clorox Bleach Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Seymour Jackson
    tell that to the c4 I lost

16. ryan__rox

ryan__rox Member

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Johnnington
    Instead of giving someone the ability to restart the server, auto restart could be added, I’ve seen it on many servers, it restarts the server seconds after it crashes, I’m not a coder and don’t know how this works or if it could work for Chronet but it’s a great idea for the server, but giving someone else access works to

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  17. George

George Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    Ask @BlueberryMuffin... Gremory's c4 each other all the time. Only 100 metal.

18. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    this entire post has confused me into complete and utter shock.

congratulations, i think you just won this conversation. somehow.

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. Sebastian Prome

Roleplay name:
    Bodhi Pow
  20. Aluminum

Aluminum Community Manager

Roleplay name:
    June Ronson
    Simple had this mechanic in the past, it broke recently.