1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More free speech?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jeffgd, Jan 2, 2017.

1. jeffgd

jeffgd Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Jack Kinell
    Through this year some of my friends on this server have got bans for as little things like saying the n word (not in a racist way), calling someone a f*ggot, or saying something anti jewish. Now lets agree 95% of the time on this server the players don't mean what they say and the admins should be a little less strict when it comes to what you can say.

And just to be clear, I am not a racist sexist, bigot.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Miraak Moonstone
    yeah, people can joke, besides, it's the internet, if you can't deal with it, they need to get off the internet, internet isn't sunshine and rainbows. it's just shits and giggles.

3. nflden

nflden Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Dennis Krappenschitz
    But on the flip side we dont need squeakers running around yelling stupid shit just for the sake of saying it. This still happens even though its against rules if anything this will increase the frequency of these "episodes" of idiocy.

4. Stiggy

Stiggy Retired Community Management Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Sam Driscoll
    The consensus among admins is that you're allowed to use terms such as 'nigga' in a 'friendly context', i.e. jovially and with friends. The assumption being that anybody doing this correctly isn't likely to be reported, and anybody who is reported probably wasn't doing so. As such, as long as players aren't using them overtly, only use them in situations where you might also use the word 'dude' (in the case of subjective terms), and don't continue to use them after someone complains, it's generally agreed that they're not doing anything wrong.

With that being said, our rules against racism and other forms of discrimination are strictly enforced. If you're using any slurs, you've no right to complain if an admin finds your use of such terms unacceptable and bans you for it. Nobody made you use them, and they are in no way necessary for you to communicate - those who find that they cannot communicate without them should re-evaluate their vocabulary. Lastly, we have no intention of adjusting the rules to reflect this attitude on such terms that have been adopted colloquially.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 5
  5. SWAGGMIER17

SWAGGMIER17 Member

Roleplay name:
    Luna bean
    I say yes to this but to an extent

6. redcloud654

redcloud654 Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Barbara Newman
    I don't like the thought of the n word being allowed, Anti Semitism no, most bans are just minges using them to an extent. I'm going to have to disagree with this.

7. jeffgd

jeffgd Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Jack Kinell
    I never said you should be allowed to say the n word whenever you want. I said you shouldn't get banned for saying the n word in a little private chat