1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Read the sticky before posting a staff application!

Mewthree's Admin Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Mewthree, Dec 24, 2016.

1. ShadowStorm

ShadowStorm Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Wilfrid Westen
    Dominic/Mewthree,
    You've recently started being active again, great to see! However, even though your activity has changed, disappointingly your biggest flaws have not.
    First off, let's have a look at your application. Your agenda appears clouded, and I'm not totally sure what your intentions are in becoming an administrator. You claim you want to help the community, but my question is: Which community? Chronet as a whole, or your community consisting of you and your friends? In-game you seem to act as if the fun you're having with your friends is more important than the fun others are having - this is a very twisted and incorrect view, especially if you are interested in becoming a staff member. As I said, I'm not convinced.

Secondly, I'm not convinced you fully understand what you're getting yourself into and what being a staff member means for you. You have essentially no staffing experience. Although this isn't directly a problem, everybody's got to start somewhere, but it only ends up adding to my doubts. You haven't shown your understanding of the position anywhere in your application. Thirdly, if someone were to read your application they would realistically learn next to nothing about you as a person. You have mentioned very little about yourself. Experience on Chronet is an important factor, but is far from being one of the most important factors. In any application, It's not only about who you are in-game, but also who you are as a person.

This ties straight into the largest issue I've seen. You're totally right, you do follow the rules decently well for the majority of the time and people have little evidence to prove otherwise. Unfortunately, you have failed to realize that you've only been setting yourself up and proving my next point so I don't have to. It's your behavior. Perhaps now you're thinking something along these lines: Hold on a minute Wilfrid Clarkson! I haven't been flaming or anything of that sort! You'd be right, but that isn't the problem. The problem is your overall consistently hostile behavior. This has been proven both in this application & it's additional posts and also in-game. No staff member should be acting hostile towards anyone regardless of the situation. Unfortunately this leads into my conclusion. With all of this said, I can't support you as a candidate for administrator at this point. -1

Wilfrid Clarkson

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Mewthree

Mewthree Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Dominic Topaz
    If you think I would apply to just help my friends you are mistaken. I would be helping everyone that I could as best as I can. To be completely honest my plan if I got trial was to stop playing the game normally most of the time and just deal with admin stuff. I would probably spend lime 85-90% dealing with admin stuff and the rest playing regularly.
    I don't really see what you mean by this. I haven't been doing anything to stop other people's fun except the occasional raid from time to time or gunfight. As a matter of fact, I've only raided like a 3 people since I have been more active unless you count the few PD raids, which again was not many. If that's ruining people's fun then I apologize for playing the game. I'm not going out of my way to do anything extraordinary to ruin people's fun.

I know exactly what I'm getting myself into. Pretty much all of last year the people I played with were admins or former admins (Aidcon, Aluminum, Christ, etc.) and I know what they have to deal with. I think I could handle. That is what trial is for after all.
    Do you want me to write you an autobiography? I don't think you need to know anything more about me other than the information given. It's nice to know more about people but it's not needed for an application on an online game.
    You're right I'm not always friendly. I don't think I'm always hostile though. Yeah some people on this app made me mad and I snapped same with my older posts but everyone loses their cool at times but to say that I'm consistently hostile is just not true. Let me just address something since you mentioned it. In character I'm completely different than how I usually am. If I'm aiming a gun at you or you crash your car into me I act accordingly; like someone in that situation would. I might call someone that crashes into my car and destroys it an asshole, but how else should someone in that situation act? You could ask people that I talk to on a regular basis about this. I'll sound angry in game but on something like discord I'm laughing about the situation or just calm.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also @Coolrune206 I thought I replied to you a while ago but I guess I forgot to press post. I wanted to say that I acted that way because when you PM'd me I had no idea who you were then I called you and you used a fake Russian accent that I thought kinda cringy, soz.

3. Adam Connor

Adam Connor Well-Known Member

If you get admin, I'm either gonna quit or play when you're not on, that's how scared I am for you to become admin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    How many more times are you going to -1? No need for more then one response buddy... You make some valid points and I can see where you are coming from but there is no need for more then one -1

I may have +1'd him but I can see where everyone is coming from..... Why not give him a chance tho? He has 10 weeks ffs and not to mention he knows the rules beyond belief and he always warns people when they do break a rule. If he fucks up either post a staff complaint or appeal if he does get it..... I would say making him staff is worth the shot?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Brunnea

Brunnea Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Nisha Clarke
    From what I understand many people have given him a chance. I know I have(even though it may not look like it), @InfantHades1 has, @Coolrune206 is currently doing so(again).

Playtime doesn't really seem like an all-out decider to me, because you could have, say 11 weeks and be a terrible, terrible person. I personally think he's an alright guy, got a few issues(But then again, who am I to talk?), but as a candidate for Admin, well.

I have to disagree, and so have many other people.

Sure, making someone a staff doesn't automatically make them full-admin, they go through Trial to see if they're really up for it. So I suppose that could be 'worth the shot', but as you can see: Not many agree with your sentiment, myself being included.

Also I'm pretty sure that one other -1 was when he meme'd my response, aha.
    Your point still stands, though.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Mewthree

Roleplay name:
    Dominic Topaz
    If you think I'm gonna target you or anyone else you're crazy. I wouldn't even ban you from Jeffy's discord despite how much I wanted to because jeffy didn't want me to ban or kick you. That's on a friend's discord where a ban means a lot less than on here.

7. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    This is VERY true

8. Adam Connor

I had to beg you to not ban me from the discord, so that's where you're wrong. Jeffy's discord isn't relevent to this, you're just digging yourself a deeper hole.

9. Mewthree

Roleplay name:
    Dominic Topaz
    How is this digging myself in a hole? It's pretty relevant because you could consider that admin experience if you want and he told me not to so I didn't. I really wanted to but his server: his rules. If I really wanted to go against his word I would have just done it, but I listened to the owner.

10. Adam Connor

Sorry, you listened after we had to tell you five times, you are completely innocent.

11. Sebastian Prome

Sebastian Prome Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Bodhi Pow
    Neutral
    I need a better idea of whats he's like, but I think the name is certainly familiar so I'm not saying he's not active. But seriously cut him a break he's not that bad, frankly everyone on chronet says things like that and there has been way worse he is just excited to come back

12. Adam Connor

It's Dominic Ronson, if you remember.

13. Sebastian Prome

Roleplay name:
    Bodhi Pow
    I don't really remember anyone, you know you people are all the same
    But seriously, I don't really remember is their anything he may be known for?

• Like Like x 1
  14. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    If I recall he wasn't targeting you there he was trying to manage the discord (that had a lot of people in it) while I was mute for a little bit, you were annoying people and a fight had begun because that usually happens when you are around... so he told me he was gonna kick you and I said "No why" then him and A couple others told me that you were arguing and fighting and just being toxic while I was mute playing chronet, I told him not to do it and he asked one more time because he wanted to remove you due to you being very toxic, and I told him no (Should have let him because you just caused fights with others when they were there and it wasn't just you and me, so Dom was right)... he never targeted you and if anything that shows he respect for authority further more because if he wanted to he could have banned you because he never goes in my discord but he didn't... He just asked if he could because you were being toxic, which was him doing his job as an administrator on my discord

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Hades

Hades Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Nikolai Botanski
    @KJM and @Adam Connor It's not really important tbh. Just something stupid that happened in a discord. Let's keep this focused on the applicant and ratings towards him.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Alekseyevich Yuri
    I am living proof of that.

• Funny Funny x 7
  17. Sebastian Prome

Roleplay name:
    Bodhi Pow
    You sure about that

18. Lava_Master

Lava_Master Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Mike Rader
    You are too JK

19. Sebastian Prome

Roleplay name:
    Bodhi Pow
    I know :sorry:

20. Dairoki

Dairoki Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Sonny Marino
    big assed upload_2017-6-30_0-37-22.png upload_2017-6-30_0-37-35.png you would be a very bad admin, bad temper, constant flame.

• Disagree Disagree x 1