1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Read the sticky before posting a staff application!

Mewthree's Admin Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Mewthree, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Mewthree

Mewthree Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Dominic Topaz
    Your In-Game name: Mewthree/Dominic Topaz
    Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:45377007
    Country & Timezone: United States, Central
    Server Playtime: 9 Weeks (63 days)
    Past Experience: I have administrated on my friend's jailbreak server, however it was really low population and not many strangers came on. I also was somewhat of a moderator on some Minecraft servers with a friend from school, but that was when I was still in Middle school, so it was a very long time ago.
    Have you donated? Yes, $40 (I think)

Why do you think you deserve to be admin?

I have been playing Chronet for about two years, and it’s really the only Gmod server that I could stand playing on. I really never thought I would be applying for admin, but I think my time has come. I used to be extremely active and would play for 4+ hours daily, but kind of lost my drive to keep playing. I do have an entire nine weeks playtime, and if you play that much of anything, you’re eventually gonna get tired out. Also, I felt that every time I would play, I would end up stressed and would end up having to post ban requests, which honestly, nobody likes. I feel that having the opportunity to help the community as an administrator would be more beneficial than to just straight up post ban requests on people. I have helped people numerous times in the past, but there’s only so much you can do as a player; there gets to a point where more power is needed. I feel the fact that I have been here for 2 years, and was extremely active within the community makes me a good applicant.

I understand that activity is a major part in deciding if someone should become an admin or not, but I will be trying to stay active now as a regular player, and even more if I get chosen to become a trial. I have been playing this past week and will continue, However, I am currently in college and that takes a huge part of time during the week, along with that I am looking for a job to help pay for college and have spending money; if I do get hired somewhere, that is more time that will be taken. Luckily, I will be restricted from working more than 20 hours a week, due to my university’s policy, so that will not take as much time away. I would also like to note, during my inactivity on the server, I was still very active on the forums.

I understand many people may not be in support of this because of past feuds that we had in and out of character, but I ask that you look at this with somewhat of a “blind eye.” Surprisingly, some people that I have talked to said they believe that I would be a good administrator, despite past altercations. Many of them agree that I know the rules well, uphold them, and enforce them, so if you are reading this, please make your judgement based off me as a person and the degree to which you think I would make a good or bad administrator, and not any problems we have had in the past.

EDIT: Since a lot of people are getting confused about the statements I made above regarding the "blind eye", I will address it here. I am not asking for people to completely forget about past interactions by any means. I am trying to say that if you and I I had trouble because of something that is unrelated to being an admin, such as raiding/mugging, "beef" between "families" or anything that is irrelevant to the actual admin role. I am asking to turn a blind eye on that type of stuff, there have been admin apps in the past that recieved negative feedback due to situations like those and I don't see it to be appropriate to add negative feedback for those situations.

Extra notes:

• I have a working microphone and headset.

• I have three bans, which are pretty old. Only one was for more than 1 day.

• I have never been forum banned or received warning points on the forums (to my knowledge)

• I was given permission by Simple to post this. If you think I would post an application and it get through the moderators without permission, you is trippin’.

• I really like memes, but I understand that memes are not always acceptable, and will attempt to cut down on them.

Thank you for reading and leaving feedback.

-Dominic/Mewthree

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    • Like x 9
    • Dumb x 6
    • Dislike x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. SpartanXxX97

SpartanXxX97 Member

Roleplay name:
    Jon Ronson
    + 1, I believe this user is 100% admin worthy. He is very mature and knows the rules very well. He goes out of his way to help others with their server issues and has even helped me with forum posts by finding related material. This person deserves to be admin or my name isn't (Insert real name [Ha, you thought!])!

• Like Like x 1
  3. CupHolder

CupHolder Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    George Ronson
    +1
    You have been more active lately, and you have been rping quite a bit (like when we had the school). I think you would be a good addition to the admin team. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Alekseyevich Yuri
    Neutral until I get a chance to analyze whether you've really changed or not, but...

You can't really expect people to just completely disregard tons of past experiences. Besides, if they can remember any such experiences, then they're memorable for a reason, either for better or worse.

-1 I tried to trust you, that you had changed. Guess this is what I get for trusting you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mewthree

Roleplay name:
    Dominic Topaz
    Let me elaborate on that statement then, there has been times in which there are situations that caused people not to like me but have nothing to do with the actual degree in which they think I can administrate. For example, I used to raid a lot and people might get mad about being raided by me and would make their judgement off that. I am asking that they don't use situations like that to make their judgement.

6. Craigory

Craigory Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Pepe Ronson
    +1
    From the time I have played with Dominic, he has shown his knowledge of the rules (Better than some admins). In regard to his Bans and if that makes him bad admin material, I don't believe that would be true and would like to add that I believe it would give him better judgement of the situation. He has also on more often now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Finally

Finally Premium Member

<snip>

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BlueberryMuffin

BlueberryMuffin Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marsha Trischitti
    Neutral until I can get to know you again

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mewthree

Roleplay name:
    Dominic Topaz
    Thanks for the feedback. It's pretty well-known that you and I don't like each other so I would respect if you would at least acknowledge that instead of just insulting me. It's a two-way road, you have said disrespectful/rude shit to me and my friends before and I have done it to you, it's not just one party. As for the Harambe thing, I wasn't being serious about the complaint. If I was being serious I would have actually posted the complaint. I was a little ticked off since a few admins had allowed it, but I did understand that you saw it as fail so I dealt with it. I did understand that rule, but as I said the few admins that I had asked did not have a problem with it as it was just a last name so I kept it for a bit.

Also, thanks to @Coolrune206 @BlueberryMuffin @Craigory @SpartanXxX97 and @CupHolder for giving their feedback.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  10. Finally

Finally Premium Member

<snip>

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Nickhbu

Nickhbu Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Nickolis LaVey
    >"if everyone could just forget about the couple of months when I never played and just sat in the chat box and flamed and started arguments, that'd be great"
    fucking kek.

This. Also, as I remember, with the "blind eye" thing, on Ryan's staff app your main argument was that he allegedly called you a faggot 8 months prior, and that "first impressions matter, so I cant just forget that". In my eyes, this staff app should have about as much of a chance of being accepted as Cole's ban appeal.
    >pro tip: 0

see most recent post.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Hammy

Hammy Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Hammy Baker
    Neutral I haven't fully investigated you yet but I will do sooner rather than later. It doesn't help your case that not two months ago you were saying things in chatbox such as "I think I need to get on and raise some hell again". Where I stand at this moment is that you are trying to change just to seem nice for your admin app. If I see you fully change and not raise hell as you said you would, my opinion may change but for now I stand at neutral. After reviewing screenshots of you saying unprofessional things I have decided to bring my vote down to -1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just a couple of examples

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Mewthree

Roleplay name:
    Dominic Topaz
    Alright, because he straight up called us faggots during a raid and tried propblocking I gave him a -1. He was banned for it and that event, which happened on the server and led to a ban was why I thought he would not make a good admin. I asked for a "blind eye" because as I said there used to be many interactions with people that I raided and we had "beef" on the server, which I believe should not effect their opinion on my ability to be an admin. If you actually read my later posts you would understand. Next time you make a reply try to be a little more professional.

Thanks for your actual constructive criticism and feedback. I want to address what I said about "raising hell". Basically what I meant by that and stated at the time, was I wanted to stop passively rping and go back to raiding non-stop like I used to. I never actually went through with it, obviously and it was pretty much all just a sham. I will admit, I was just getting constantly angry because a lot of people in chat and on the server were talking about how their "families" were better and all that bullshit. It got me annoyed and the last time that happened, the original Ronsons (Which I was a part of) would raid those people to the point that they would disband, thus "raising hell". It was usually just large orgs that we raided to try and weaken them a bit. I saw the whole large org thing reemerging and wanted try to stop it. EDIT: Forgot to mention that everything done was within the rules, it was a lot of raiding but we would wait the amount of time that the rules allotted for.

14. Brunnea

Brunnea Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Nisha Clarke
    Neutral.

I have very little reason to believe you would make a good addition to the Staff Team, but in the end I could be wrong.

EDIT: See most recent post.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Nickhbu

Roleplay name:
    Nickolis LaVey
    I see you failed to adress the section of my reply that had to do with flaming and then continued to flame. There was nothing unprofessional about my reply accept for my use of profanity, however yours is unprofessional in the sense that you only replied to things you had an answer for, and even these answers were obviously just thinly veiled excuses.

see most recent post.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mewthree

Roleplay name:
    Dominic Topaz
    I think it is pretty unprofessional to add in:
    "In my eyes, this staff app should have about as much of a chance of being accepted as Cole's ban appeal.
    >pro tip: 0" Cole's appeal has nothing to do with this application. My reply to Hammy was what I said months ago when I had originally made that statement, just in a bit more of depth. I was in the middle of an admin event so I made the reply quickly and now that it is done, I'll go ahead and reply to the first part of your statement since I have more time now.

I won't deny that I have in fact been involved in many arguments that occur frequently in the chatbox. Most of the time, it's me stating my opinion and arguing my opinion. People are entitled to their own on different matters, I have the right to argue for it as much as anyone else does.I am quite curious about what you have to say about me flaming in the chatbox though, I think at most I would use minor insults that would hardly be considered flame. If you have any evidence or could provide some example of this, I would appreciate it.

17. Deaconator

Deaconator Retired Trial Admin

+1

cool guy could probably do it its not rly that hard

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ritz

Ritz Member

mewthree is to admining like a hand is to a glove. his skills would easily outdo most admins. ++1

• Like Like x 1
  19. nflden

nflden Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Dennis Krappenschitz
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nickhbu

Roleplay name:
    Nickolis LaVey
    So it's unprofessional to state my own opinion but...

That's your excuse for being toxic in the chatbox... I cant be the only one seeing the pattern here.

see most recent post