1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Read the sticky before posting a staff application!

ACCEPTED Kai's Administrator Application

Discussion in 'Closed Staff Applications' started by Kai, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Kai

Kai Community Manager Forum Moderator Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ash Fuchs
    Your In-Game name:
    Kai [CN]

Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:28681590

Country & Timezone:
    London, England, Great Britain, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Europe, Eurasia, Afro-Eurasia, Planet Earth, Sol System, The Milky Way, Local Cluster, Virgo Supercluster, The Universe, The Multiverse - GMT +0 (Every application has to have some humor right?)

Server Playtime:
    Playtime: Six Weeks

Past Experience:
    I was a long time administrator of a custom stranded server before I found my self playing on CSN and continued to Administrate the server up until I was promoted to the position of server manager. I had later resigned from the position after I was given the opportunity to become the Garry's Mod Division Leader for CSN which I eventually decided to take a break from after I had suffered from a emotional breakdown. I was offered some help from Joel/Fred Slayer (The previous Division Leader) before I permanently resigned regarding Ban Requests and Appeals on the forums and accepted. I then gave him access to my forum account and headed to sleep which I thought was a perfectly reasonable thing to do at the time and he dealt with the Ban Requests and Appeals as he said he would, the day after I had woken up and to my surprise my position was stripped from me and was later informed by Master-Guy of my mistake of allowing someone access to my forum account, at that point I was happy enough to permanently resign from my position as Division Leader and enjoyed the rest of my time at CSN after . Towards the end of CSN I had secured a few Administration staff positions at community named Survival Operations which was at the time solely based around ARMA2 and DayZ, after I had proved my trust with the head administration and founders by generously allowing them to use my TS3 non-profit License and providing my services. I still currently play at Survival Operations but have since resigned from all previous admin positions. I have familiarised my self on how one should go about certain situations and how to use the administration tools over the course of time I was a member of staff at all of the mentioned communities.

Have you donated?
    Yes. ($30+)

Why do you think you deserve to be admin?
    I tried my best to the point of exhaustion to be a fair and unbiased Administrator during my stay as CSN. I feel as if I have proved that I am in fact fit to be in such a staff position here at Chronet despite two incidents that occurred in the past; One of them stated in the above wall of text and the other which was having a Admin Abuse thread in CSN which made if I was fit for my job as Division Leader questionable, I assure you the only thing I believe I am guilty of was being inconsiderate and a bit of a derp at certain time periods whilst I was a staff member of CSN. Back then I dedicated what some could say a ridiculously large amount of time to to help the community grow and become a better place for people to play and enjoy as as a whole. I was one of the most active players and Admins through the duration of my stay. I would almost always try to respond and comply when other plays requested that I join the server to deal with situations on the servers and although I will admit that maybe I was a bit too strict and harsh when it came to punishments but It did deter those who did break the rules from doing it again. I honestly feel that I never hindered anyone experience and fulfilled the requirements of the staff positions I had earned to the best of my ability.

Extra notes:
    After a fallout with one of the other members in Chronet and some complications in my life which included in myself relocating from my mothers house to live with my father in London, I decided I would departure the community and go on an indefinite leave of absence, I regularly checked in on the server to see how it was going and how things had developed and during those movements I'm not going to lie and say that my expectations were never what turned out to be reality and ended up disappointed. I decided it wasn't worth my time anymore and my activity completely ceased to exist as a whole. When I heard that the majority of the problem members of the community had decided to leave on their own accord I decided I would give the community another shot which also ended up in the decline of activity due to starting up my higher education and doing what was needed to be done to continue living with my father. I have to be honest and say that I am currently enjoying playing in the community again and even though my activeness isn't what It quite what it used to be back in the times of CSN it is most definitely present as of today.

I originally joined CSN back in 2010 on the 21st of June at the age of 14, approximately two months after playing at the community I believed that It would be in my best interest to apply for Administrator on the PERP 2 server with the consent of at least one of the owners. A few days before I was going to post my application I distinctively remember talking to Simple regarding the lack of administrators and whether it was intended as a joke or not he recommended that I should apply for the position, which I eventually did. I was immature and stupid for the first couple of months and I soon learned that it wasn't an easy job to keep up with, I tried my hardest to act more mature than I really was an in the process myself as a person changed as a whole. It has been almost four years since those days and my personality has most definitely matured an grown in a more positive light than it previous was.

It would be awesome if people can forget old grudges they may have against me and actually consider to them selves if I am suitable for the job whilst still taking into accounts that yes, I have been a bit of an asshole at some points and had some hiccups with others but also to take not that I did my job to the best of my ability and will continue to try and benefit the community in any way possible.

To conclude this wall of text I would just like to thank everyone for taking their time to read my application.
    Seriously guys, Thanks a bunch!
    - Kai.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  2. One Million Ducks

One Million Ducks Retired Staff Member

-snip-
    Had a talk with Kai invalidating some of my previous remarks.
    Kai is an active role player with strong knowledge of the rules and a great personality. That, and he stars in nearly all of my songs.
    +1

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  3. Deaconator

Deaconator Retired Trial Admin

Roleplay name:
    deac caldari
    As a member of CSN, I am demanding this is accepted. Fast.

Alright, back in CSN, Kai was a, to quote himself: "a asshole admin who only cared about the rules", who ended up raging banning dogechief for a day, along with kicking multiple others, including the former self of me, a young, sane (sometimes) funny player lacking most qualities to become a admin. (fuck I was like 13 when that happened). However, I am more than aware that Kai is no-longer that, and for that, I must cut out +1's and throw them at the screen.

+1 of justice

4. A2

A2 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Sydney Hughes
    Helps out, good RPer, and is generally good.
    +1

5. El Cathalo

El Cathalo Active Member

Neutral, I don't see you often and haven't played with you much.
    Edit: I haven't seen you enforce rules ever or in fact doing anything like an admin. Maybe I'm wrong, but from what I've seen (nothing from CSN or anything) you don't seem like you would be a great admin.
    Edit 2: -1.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  6. Chance

Chance Community Manager Forum Moderator Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    CHANCE ANDSHITTY
    Edit: Ignore dis I was wrong :3

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  7. Andrew

Andrew Active Member

+1.
    You are my homie.

8. Kai

Roleplay name:
    Ash Fuchs
    Did you not bother to read my wall of text? All was explained in it bby. <3

9. 400

400 Retired Trial Admin

Roleplay name:
    Yolonda Squatpump
    -1, you have a history of being active for a very short while before being inactive for prolonged periods, which to me is a terrible admin trait.
    Other than that, no major problems with you

If you stick around for a while and show good concept of the rules, I'll gladly change my vote

*edit*
    After thinking about it, I realized that in the past, you would be active for a short while, post an admin application, become inactive for a week before leaving stating that you were tired of minges/the Gmod community, I'm concerned that this could be the case again in the future, and the last thing we need right now is more inactive admins

10. Dest

Dest Retired Trial Admin

Kai used to be an ass.

Not anymore. I feel like he would be a good trial.

10/10 would admin again

11. Theranter

Theranter Active Member

I would say NO because you often leave the server for months and come back for a short while and leave again. Also, I only ever see you on the server when other admins are on. You are friends with plenty other admins you're just never on when they're not. Not only that, but this is like your third admin app. Knowing that all of your other ones got denied because you keep leaving I really don't think that you will be an active admin, you just want the administrator status.

12. Kai

Roleplay name:
    Ash Fuchs
    I have been active for a good period of time at the moment, I actually have been on during the daytime so I haven't seen either of you two much at all. I also have zero plans on leaving any time soon. Quite a lot of time I'm on when Administrators aren't... I only have like three or four Admins on Steam too, they join because I asked them to because of serious rule breaking and they tend to stay on after that.

Like I said previously... If you bothered reading my wall of text you would know why I went inactive rather than just making assumptions.

13. Theranter

Theranter Active Member

I'm referring to the previous 2 times you made an admin app and had it declined because you kept leaving the server for a long period of time due to you, "not being able to put up with minges." You obviously won't stick with the server like you keep saying you will but end up leaving again. Chronet needs dedicated admins that will enforce the rules in a non-biased way and will come on very often. I only just recently noticed you coming on more often like a few days ago and you're already posting an admin app.

14. Kai

Roleplay name:
    Ash Fuchs
    I was told by a bunch of the guys that I should put my application back up, which is one of the reasons I decided I would do it a bit earlier than I usually would. The first application was redacted when I went on indefinite leave the second time due to complications that occurred with my mum but I never actually got around to posting it. If I was ever talking about minges in my previous posts it was in regards to the ones who left on their own accord.
    You probably weren't around when I was an admin at CSN but those who were can vouch that I'm most definately a man of my word when it comes to dedicated. I'm here to stay now, I know it may be hard to believe but if my word means anything then you have it! I have that I can prove to you that this wont be a one off, I wouldn't have bothered with my application otherwise! :3

15. Chance

Roleplay name:
    CHANCE ANDSHITTY
    I did like forever ago xD
    (also can vouch you were le head admin of CSN ;3)

16. Kai

Roleplay name:
    Ash Fuchs
    You realise this is a new application right? x3

17. Timo

Timo Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Kate Hicks
    Can't agree more with that.
    Kai probably changed more to better than anyone I know :)
    +1
    Edit: From what I know, Kai's always following rules and trying to enforce them.

18. Chance

Roleplay name:
    CHANCE ANDSHITTY
    ill keel you.

19. uncagedbranman

uncagedbranman Active Member

Kai knows the rules well and attempts to enforce them to the best of his ability +1

20. TheSillyDuck

TheSillyDuck Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the answer is obvious. Let's see here...you know the rules (and enforce them as much as you can), you're friendly, and you don't seem to get angry if someone doesn't understand. +1