1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Read the sticky before posting a staff application!

James Newman's Admin Application

Discussion in 'Closed Staff Applications' started by James Newman, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    Normally yes, it is a good way to get the job done.
    However, there is a fine line that is easily crossed if you're not paying attention.

I mean fuck, you don't even need the spectate command to properly spy on people as players do this often.

Unless there's some reasonable doubt that someone'll do something he's got no business snooping in places he doesn't belong.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. cash

cash Member

Roleplay name:
    Brandon Czosnkya
    Neutral, from what I've heared he can be over paranoid and biased but ive never had a bad experience with him seems like a good fit for admin imo

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. George

George Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    Updating my last -1 to make it a bit more clear.

I'm going to start with sensitivity since I don't believe this was explained good enough. So once upon a time on a little talent show in Chronet, some people decided to leak the country of Newman, yes, the country. Instead of doing what anyone else would do, not give a shit because it's a country, he decides to be absent from the server and anything related to it for 2 weeks, and after this incident I spoke to him, he said he was "feeling really sick in the stomach" but wouldn't say why, so I can only presume it's because of his country being said.

I want to go on with his investigating bullshit now. He has banned 2 people for crashing the server as far as investigating goes. Now this completely fucks up his statement "It's also worth noting that there was no one else who used tool guns nor spawn that many props right before the server crashed", clearly contradicting himself as to why he would ban 2 people if he believes only one did it.. Now this also came into my mind, has any staff started a sit, banned the person for the rule break someone said they did, then talk to the guy to find out what happened, and once they've come to a conclusion either leave them banned or unban them.

Now about this whole C4 situation, I don't see too big of an issue with it because it seemed all in good fun and no one was actually harmed, especially since he had a reason. But the fact he physgunned Tony Cingolani back into the room for no reason at all, his excuse he was breaking fearrp although when you're getting fucking blown up with a C4 on you, you don't comply with the person who has a gun at you, since you're going to die anyway. Sadly I didn't record this also, although it was in an hour long court case with James Gambino and James Newman. Now whilst waiting outside the court room for the Mayor to arrive, I walk up to Nikolai Botanski who's loading in and poke him in the back of the head using /me, I am then a second later picked up by James Newman and put back over where I was before. Without being told to go over there in the first place by gun point or at all, I was simply in the same room, barely far away and still in eye sight. I'm cuffed so there's very little chance I could've got away.

4. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad

To be completely fair i can understand his issue with that mild privacy violation.

However, that's not even in the same league as an actual doxxing/information leak.
    Fuck, my everything got flashed to the community here and I still stayed(for some reason).
    Even my sister got involved in the photo leak. Still not sure why people thought I got too angry over it.

Considering nothing else was apparently said or seemingly brought to light, stepping away for a bit is strange. But if he got worried more information would be leaked, I suppose it is fair.

5. George

George Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    The fact is it was something so little, like you said, yours was worse but you never went quiet for 2 weeks over your country being leaked.

6. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    Didn't even go quiet over my fam getting leaked, looking back.

Bloody hell... Country. Unless he's from Luxembourg I doubt that would even be enough for a proper doxx to be created.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. James Gambino

James Gambino Active Member

I'm going to say this. It's not anyone's business about how Newman reacted to the leaked info. Now I'll use this example again, there's a complete lack of empathy within this community. Instead of saying you hope he feels better, you'd rather call out his illness as a tactic to say he hasn't been active. Before he got this recent stomach virus, he was on ever single day. I am so disheartened by this, words can't even begin to describe. I have IBS and I know all too well how a stomach infection can ruin someone's everyday life. Please try to sympathize even if this is on an admin complaint. That's all I have to say and frankly I'm depressed and ashamed

8. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    Thank you for shaming people over things they didn't know and trying to appeal to emotion. You would make an excellent Lincoln Douglas debater.

If you'd kindly look my responses over maybe you will see why I am not the most empathetic but instead a touch sympathetic.

It is very rude to use a lack of knowledge on something personal as a trump card.
    Besides, you very well might be wrong. Sick to your stomach is an expression!

9. George

George Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    You're fucking kidding me, right? This was ages ago, you were banned. Don't come into here thinking you know everything. The fact is he's sensitive, I didn't -1 him for inactivity, read what I wrote before you write some random paragraph trying to call me out as a bad person.

10. James Gambino

I read over your responses but down playing his reaction and saying he shouldn't have gotten sick isn't anyone's concern and is very rude. Newman couldn't help the way his body reacted to the leaked info. I'm just saying it shouldn't have even been brought up. Why don't you go back to using my video of people wanting to roleplay and having fun to use against him?

11. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    I am beyond confused.

What are you trying to say?

12. James Gambino

No, no. I was confused because he recently got sick. Whether this happened before is irrelevant. You shouldn't tell someone they can't take time off if they're sick. Woth all of the inactive admins, he's the least one of concern

13. George

George Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    Are you having an episode? I'm saying he is SENSITIVE, he'll get upset over someone saying his fucking middle name if it happened.

14. James Gambino

Stop telling people how they should feel. That's all I ask. The person who leaked the info hasn't even got in trouble. I told Newman he should make a ban request now that Kai has stepped down
    --- Post updated ---
    Leaked info is no joke. I've had people DDOSS and DOX me. How he feels about it isn't your concern. Period

15. Aluminum

Aluminum Community Manager

Roleplay name:
    June Ronson
    While I agree personal information being leaked is a big deal, the country someone is from is not a big deal whatsoever and nobody is ever going to get banned for saying what country someone is from.

Am I seeing this wrong?

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    No one said how he should feel.
    Also, ban request as a trial. Nice. Get a full admin to get approval with Chance if it's that urgent.

Do I need to repeat the whole 'dude you think this is bad GET A LOAD OF THIS' or what?

• Like Like x 1
  17. George

George Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    It's a country, for fucks sake your defence doesn't even make sense.

18. James Gambino

Well that's up to an admin. I'm just saying that if body reacted negatively upon hearing this, then you shouldn't claim he's too sensitive. He can't help how he feels about this. It may not matter much to me but for someone else it may discourage them to play. And that's fine

19. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    JAMES

IT'S A FIGURE OF SPEECH

AS FAR AS ANYONE KNOWS HE DID NOT A FEVER FROM THE INTERNET.

20. James Gambino

You guys are blatantly down playing it. I'll stop repeating myself because it's clear you aren't listening and engaging in what I'm trying to say
    --- Post updated ---
    Again, no big deal to you but for some it is. The name of this community isn't Hannet and you want unjustifiable control of how people should react
    --- Post updated ---
    Newman isn't lying about he feels now or in the past. I can tell by his activity. Since noone else wants to defend him and call aristocracy, I will