1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Read the sticky before posting a staff application!

James Newman's Admin Application

Discussion in 'Closed Staff Applications' started by James Newman, Apr 26, 2017.

1. James Newman

James Newman Retired Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    James Newman
    Funny guy right here.

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Lava_Master

Lava_Master Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Mike Rader
    I'm just going to say something that Jazzu has been wanting me to say.
    "If your age is on the clock, your ready for James Newmans cock". -Jazzu Ronson

3. Apollo

Apollo Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Franky Wright
    Gonna have to go with a -1. He adv duped my gun shop to save it right after I told him I was perfectly fine with him adv duping my gun shop. The nerve on this fuckin guy

+1

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. George

George Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    SNIP

See my more recent rating.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  5. AspiringSun

AspiringSun Member

Roleplay name:
    Cobb Sun
    +1 Goodmin that actually knows the rules, rather than banning people based off emotion.

• Like Like x 1
  6. P0PION

P0PION Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeff Lansky
    He called me a nerd.

+1

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    Wow. No.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Loxxy

Loxxy Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Jay Newsman
    I've heard quite a few bad things about this admin from quite a few different people. Unsure of how much is true but I'm just sayin.

9. BlueberryMuffin

BlueberryMuffin Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Marsha Newman
    Dude is a bit stubborn sometimes but tbh I was just as bad and he's not the worst we've got. Been doing very well otherwise and have admined with him multiple times.

10. George

George Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    I'm changing my vote due to many recent actions I've seen from the applicant.. Do keep in mind these are MY opinions and it's not a staff complaint.

For a first of he's way too sensitive to be an admin. Let's take the example of him being called a "faggot" once after giving someone a warn. Yes it was a homophobic slur but it was towards HIM and most admins wouldn't give a week ban over such, which is why I believe he's definitely too sensitive to be banning when he gives week bans for someone's first offence. You can see many more of these throughout his bans, and even seeing him in-game.

In my opinion he's quite biased. He attempted to call me out for metagame about a week ago because I yelled out "I DIDN'T EVADE", were I of course refused doing so and stated my side of the story because apparently I had heard him through 2 doors and so used that to make my statement. Later on in the court room James Gambino said he had heard someone load a gun to Newman, and without a second of thought said "Ok.", didn't care that apparently that could be considered metagame also, but never did he call him out for it.

Let me also get onto the topic of him spectating people. I know for a fact he has done it to me MANY times, now I understand this since I'm an admin applicant, but he has done it prior to my application, as well as to many other people who are still not applying (I won't state who as it isn't needed).

Forgot to add that he banned Ryan Johnnington for telling another friend who was in their party to "KYS" as a joke, giving him a week ban for such. Ban hungry.

In conclusion I jumped the gun on my +1 due to me considering him a friend. I'm changing it to a -1 for the reasons I've stated.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. Hako

Hako Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Tony Conway
    ppl have been banned permanently for using homophobic slurs in conjunction with other rulebreaks so its not just him who is sensitive to them

12. George

George Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    Exactly, but usually they use it MULTIPLE times. This is this guys first time and it was a week, hence why I said he's so sensitive over one thing. As an admin he should be able to take a little insult and just tell the person to stop instead of getting upset over a single word as such. And most of those bans are for saying it to other players, not the banning admin.

13. James Gambino

James Gambino Active Member

I'd like to throw in my two cents here. The scene about hearing the weapon being reloaded, didn't take place through two doors or a brick wall. It was blatantly loaded. James Newman is a pretty active person. Don't you think the people breaking the rules should already know them? I've recently been in admin sits with him for academic purposes. It seems the majority of people are no longer following rules and in turn, the new players aren't understanding them. This has been happening for a long time. If you hear one thing from one admin, it may change from another. This is why it's important to have communication between the person your banning to completely understand if they meant to break the rule. I know all about letting a joke go, as well as admin overreach. From what I've experienced playing with him since I've been unbanned, he isn't ban happy. I discussed with him today about going through with a piece of evidence and how he sympathized for removing players. No person with any respect to the future of this community would ban without reason. I think maybe the player base is slowly reducing the importance of roleplay.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  14. George

George Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    Although the gun WAS loaded through a brick wall.. and what have you just gone on about? I've said how he spectates everyone, his biased shown to certain people and how he's way too sensitive to be a staff member.

15. James Gambino

James Gambino Active Member

I don't remember it happening through a brick wall. But what's wrong with spectating people? It's his job. He has told me that he's spectated me and I don't care because I don't break rules. He was able to be on the scene when someone broke a rule right infront of me.

16. George

George Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    He spectates people, spying on them waiting for them to even slip up the slightest just so he can tp and show it in their face. As I said, I'm an applicant so it makes sense why he will sometimes spectate me, but he'll sit there spectating other people and listening to their conversations for ages. This is the last I'll say towards you, I would prefer if he defended himself also, but it won't change my opinion.

17. Satoshi Mochida [LP]

Satoshi Mochida [LP] Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Tyrone Stalinson
    I mean, it's his job and it's an easy way to catch info. I'm not sure if you can tell how long he spectators you, but the slightest rule break sounds like an exaggeration. I'm not completely sure since I've never played in months.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Loxxy

Loxxy Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Jay Newsman
    I thought I said it but I guess not. Gonna go with a neutral

19. Vhondy

Vhondy Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Matt Czosnyka
    Thought I already did this -1 was completely rude and passive aggressive towards me in an admin sit. watched me get mugged while building and has specated me to ease drop on conversations

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Brenadryl

Brenadryl Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Bren Hiraeth
    Changing from a +1 to a -1 Any interaction I've had with this admin (since him being an admin) has been not the best. He can be very rude and short fused. He also seems to be quick to jump to conclusions, which in my opinion is not a good quality to have as an administrator.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2