1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Read the sticky before posting a staff application!

James Newman's Admin Application

Discussion in 'Closed Staff Applications' started by James Newman, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    It was a big deal to me when I saw the faces of my sister and mother getting passed around. Especially when they weren't being deleted even with Chance online.

It was a big deal to me when somebody gave Scorp my name and mother's Facebook for the reason of "he deserved to know".

The country you are from, unless it is very small, will hardly narrow anything down.

W h a t .

2. Aluminum

Aluminum Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    June Wright
    I'm just saying as a former server admin, we only cared about serious personal information leaks (address, phone #, full name, etc.). The staff team would laugh at you if you tried to get someone banned for saying what country you're from.

• Like Like x 1
  3. James Gambino

James Gambino Active Member

This whole complaint is biased is my point. Every single one of you think you have the right to tell someone how they should react. I've been messaging Newman every single day to make sure he's feeling better. You know why? Because I care about the people from this community. He even got in with @Canadian-bacon despite not feeling well to handle a situation I had

4. George

George Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    Nobody else gives a shit about a country... the country he does reside in is huge, SAME FOR MOST! Let him defend himself instead of you being the knight in shining armour.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. James Gambino

Fair enough
    --- Post updated ---
    He shouldn't have to defend himself in the video and he certainly shouldn't have to defend the way his body reacted to the leaked info. This is all an ideological mission to get him to resign

6. George

George Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    You're actually not processing this, are you? His sensitive nature clouds his judgement and so him not performing to his full extent as an admin is possible. That's the issue I have. People dig at you as admin, if you get upset over a little thing then you shouldn't be admin, you'll get targeted..

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Vhondy

Vhondy Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Matt Czosnyka
    I know I can't judge how much someone feels pain nor upsetness but to ignore your obligation to come on as admin for weeks on end because of it? Little much imo

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    And they won't leave you alone even after the fact.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. James Gambino

I will agree that sometimes he can be prideful. I'm sure he knows he overreacted. We are all human and I'm sure with this complaint, Newman should change his pride. I already said he should take notes from this because It's important that the staff knows how the players feel. But to continue to call him out for something he couldn't help is emboldening the same targeting you two are against. It's kind of like SJW's

"So what if I become all the things I claim to not be?"

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  10. BaccaGaming

BaccaGaming Member

+1 from my experience I have had no issues with james

11. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    don't think that really applies here in all honesty
    but whatever floats your boat.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. InfantHades

InfantHades Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Nikolai Botanski
    Guys this is an admin app. This isn't a place to argue. All of your points have been made and that's that. No reason to drag this out. Feel free to reply if you have any new ratings or opinions but other than that, this is the end of this debate. Bring it to PMs if you really want to continue

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    It already ended, Vod.

Late to the party.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. James Newman

James Newman Retired Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    James Newman
    Since the most recent posts on this application are mainly people who have several complaints about me, the best action to take for my part is to address these posts.

It is correct to think that way about me. I am a very prideful person. That's some of the flaws I managed to get attached to. While this is an issue I often try to take control upon, I have recently failed multiple times in doing so. That's something I cannot deny. And I formally apologize for, not just my behavior, but any problems made by it. I know for a fact that many of you have complained about it. I know that words can't fix anything, but I'll say this straight: If I need to take any kind of responsibility for my actions, then so be it.
    I'd sincerely like to especially apologize to the following people: @Numbuh 1 and @Vhondy (you guys should already know why I'm mentioning you).

As for my country of origin being leaked, yes, I overreacted about it. I admit I was stressed back when that happened. But right now, I could honestly care less about it anymore.

Another issue I'd like to clear out is the misuse of the physic gun in the C4 accident. Yes, I also admit I misused it there. I was at first expecting Tony Cingolani to not get out of the bathroom, and try to kill us all, which it was a dumb move from me, can't deny that. I got desperate because I saw what he was trying to do, and I tried to keep him inside the bathroom to prevent all this accident from happening (Which 1.- Was completely useless. 2.- I ended up making things worse for me by misusing my own powers to prevent the accident.). It could be said that Tony broke FearRP, but no, that wasn't the reason why I grabbed him in the first place.

And just for the record, no I did not ever get sick over any of these problems. If by anything, became a bit stressed, but not to the point of becoming sick and having stomach issues. @James Gambino misunderstood what I told him while we were chatting a few days ago.

Once more, I apologize for any problems caused by my recent behavior, and I will take responsibility for it if necessary.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Poob

Poob Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Elliot Ronson
    it's all good man, you guys were just having fun. some people just like to ruin it for everyone else and only use the rules as a tool to annoy others. you really shouldn't have to apologize so a sincere fuck you goes out to whoever made that a big deal.
    --- Post updated ---
    it really goes to show how toxic this community is when an admin(their jobs are stressful enough having to deal with a bunch of retarded teenagers) gets shit on when they try to have fun. Why don't you guys focus your time on something more productive than trying to lower the already horrible morale of the staff team.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. George

George Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    As I said, I of course have no issue with him using the C4, it's for fun. My other points I do stand by but since James has explained and hasn't noticed what he did was wrong, I changed back to neutral because he admits to what he didn't wrong in the eyes of others. I'll also be personally apologising to him over steam.
    Cheers for explaining this @James Newman.
    Neutral

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  17. whatspoppinheadass12

whatspoppinheadass12 Member