1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Read the sticky before posting a staff application!

ACCEPTED Jack Traid's admin application

Discussion in 'Closed Staff Applications' started by Jack Traid, Jul 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Traid

Jack Traid Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Jack Traid
    Your In-Game name:
    Steam name: Jack Traid
    RP name: Jack Traid
    Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:115857579
    Country & Timezone:
    England - GMT
    Server Playtime:
    Currently over 4 weeks as of last edit.
    Past Experience:
    Now this is where things are going to cause a 'ruckus'. I have not been an administrator on any active GMod servers.
    I once was one of two superadmins on a server that i was helping someone develop, and as part of that i developed one or two sits with the staff while testing features. Basically so they knew what they were doing when it went public. But that's as close as it gets because the machine broke and all was lost.
    Have you donated?
    Yes $10
    Why do you think you deserve to be admin?
    I understand most of the controls used for your admin commands as i have seen Medic's "Admin on duty" video. As a matter of fact i believe it is the same as i practised with, but i can't remember what it was called.
    I believe that there is ore than one side to everything and anything. My meaning being that one person's statement or argument alone is not (And never usually is) enough. A coin is a good way to describe an admin sit: There may be two bold sides, but each coin is different, some are more complex than others and have more edges (Perspectives if you will).
    In my opinion, those who chose to cheat/exploit are creating an uneven (unfair) playing field. By doing such it allows them to have the illusion of 'winning' which i can't tolerate, all should be given fair chance unless they put themselves at a disadvantage. Quite frankly, it is the one aspect of chivalry i can say i follow where Chronet is concerned.
    "Thou shalt respect all weaknesses, and shalt constitute thyself the defender of them."
    The same is to be said to those who break the rules to ruin someone's experience. It needs to be stopped. Even if i don't get an admin position i hope it is stopped by existing staff where possible.
    I am able to describe how players should go about an incident in the future before i would ban them (as most people would).
    I would guess that i am approachable IG (Somehow) as many new players ask me for help and even come back to me if they have a question or require further assistance.
    Extra notes:
    • For those of you who do not recognise the name above i will state that my name has been 'Jack Kingston' for most of my Chronet experience. You may also know me as "Jack Royal" or even "Jaack Royal"
    • I have never had any bans or warnings to my knowledge, and follow the rules to the best of my ability.
    • I will try to point out peoples misunderstandings in the rules where possible (Different people interpret text in different ways, the amount of 'double doored' bases i have seen whether it belongs to an ally or opponent is surprising. The same is to go for those who did not check for update rules and kill the door owners (Usually when it happens to me i explain how to go about raiding next time and they understand.)
    • I have a microphone.
    • I am capable of speaking/reading/writing English
    I feel like this community (Staff and Players alike) have welcomed me which i am grateful for.
    For those of you who feel like something is missing, or you feel like there is an enquiry to be made regarding this topic, leave an inquiry in the comments and i shall reply.
    I thank you for your time and hope to continue having fun RPing as a community.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  2. BlueberryMuffin

BlueberryMuffin Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marsha Gremory
    +1 Is respectful, follows and enforces rules, encourages RP, and is generally fun to be around. Good luck m8. EDIT: Also is British so several more +1s

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  3. Medic

Medic Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    +1, player is really kind to respectful to everyone. He's enjoyable to roleplay with, helps others out, and I have never seen any sort of inappropriate behavior come of him. You have my full support, goodluck :)

Edit: I don't need you to post a billion ban requests to prove yourself to me, nor do you have to roleplay for me to consider you a good admin. If you don't get banned, and I dont see you breaking any rules, thats enough for me to know you know the rules, and I will keep my support until a reason leads me otherwise, which I highly doubt.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  4. Carter

Carter Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Carter Goodman
    +1, Very respectful player, follows rules, and enforces them.

5. Brad Bates

Brad Bates Premium Member

+1 Follows the rules, role plays correctly, and very respectful

6. Maher's Jahers

Maher's Jahers Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Gregory Lotus
    ADMIN MATERIAL

+ 1

7. Jack Traid

Jack Traid Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Jack Traid
    Short, sharp to the point.
    Prime examples of friendly members of the community.

8. Angel but also Devil

Angel but also Devil Retired Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Angel Delrose
    +1 My dude, he is amazing.

9. TheTrumpMeister

TheTrumpMeister Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Vincent Luciano
    +1, my favorite Brit.

10. Mojache

Mojache Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Tanner Kingston
    +1 Jack is genuinely a kind person and knows the rules. He's a nicer version of @Stiggy No offence stiggy and HE EVEN SOUNDS LIKE STIGGY! #Jackforadminge

11. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Marshal Mallow
    +1

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  12. Markoozy

Markoozy Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marko Milosevic
    You definitely have what it takes. I do want to see you actually enforce and become much more familiar with the rules, but I feel that the primary concern when choosing admins is not what they know, but how willing they are to serve and learn. Anyone can learn rules and to help people, but not everyone has the correct demeanor and maturity to be an admin. I feel you do. +1

13. Mojache

Mojache Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Tanner Kingston
    What about Stiggy or Double0zero. They don't count as admins? Plus Simple has a british accent. So I would call him British aswell.

14. {RoT}DivinityWolF

{RoT}DivinityWolF Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Zin Wolf
    Jack, I have to say you're honestly a great player. You are a great roleplayer and I really like that. Not many people can do that. You stay calm almost all the time, i've never seen you flip and that helps alot. You've helped me with a few things when I was new to the server, thus being said I have to say, +1.

15. Klondike Bear

Klondike Bear Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Donovan Ronson
    Yea, your a great roleplayer and all, but what have you done to enforce the rules?

16. Flipped

Flipped Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Kevin Lattuca
    +1
    Nice guy

17. aidcon

aidcon Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Swan Ronson
    I am going to give you a -1 because you are extremely new to the server. You just joined the forums about a month ago and I feel that you need to spend a lot more time here. I have played with you on the server and you are a genuinely nice person who seems to respect the server and uphold the rules, but you have very little experience with not only the server, but the forums as well. My advice is, spend a lot more time here and get to know just about everyone. Once you have settled in and you feel you are fully able to perform the duties of an admin, then I encourage you to make another admin application. As of now my opinion stands firm.

18. James Newman

James Newman Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    James Newman
    Neutral. I heard good things about you, but there's a few things that I may or may not take into consideration.

• You're new, that means that you joined the community recently.
    • Same with @BlueberryMuffin, because you recently joined and/or returned, I don't know if you're "admin material" or not.
    However, I'll keep an eye on you and see if you deserve that +1.

Edit: Read the most recent post in this application.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  19. Jack Traid

Jack Traid Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Jack Traid
    Glad you asked. My rule enforcement is limited as my recording software has no quick record bind. Meaning that most incidents happen when i can't record. However, if i see 2 poeple squabbling about a rule break in OOC and people are saying "____ is against the rules" then "No, it was a ____" I'll throw in the correct answer where the rules are concerned and even check the exact number so i can reference it to them. But on the most part if i witness, or was involved i will pm the 'guilty party' and explain in a matter that befits so as not to disturb any conversation in OOC.

The very fact that you have asked this shows me that any pointing out i may have done has not disturbed anyone through my methods of communication.
    I wouldn't say the three of them are admins but community moderators. The point @Coolrune206 made was clearly meant as a joke and did not make any change to his opinion on wanting to see me as a potential admin (I hope.)
    The reason you haven't see me display such understanding is the fact that i have not been pushed into a scenario like that with you present.
    It'll tear me a new one? - I have seen what some admins have to put up with, one example @Markoozy was a player who kept his back against the wall to avoid being arrested 3 times. Meaning he had to keep coming to resolve it. I never said i think of this as any form of gloy, i see it as my chance to allow players to have fun without being disrupted by other players who are breaking the rules.
    You're usually there when i am doing some kind of weird or wonderful RP (But mostly weird).

20. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Marshal Mallow
    [joke]They're community moderators now? Hold on, let me change to a +1[/joke]
    The job of an administrator is not to be pushed into situations, and then solve them just because you're there. Their job is to seek out these situations and solve the situations themselves.
    I've been present at a ton of admin situations (Usually as the reporting player), and I've seen some of the shit admins have to go through. Not only the accused players can be dicks; if the admin makes a decision which is unsatisfactory to any involved individuals, then that individual will hold a grudge, and will treat the admin adversely. Furthermore, I am a friend to several administrators. They have claimed that the reason they no longer play Chronet is due to the fact that administrating the server takes a lot out of them and makes it "Not fun" for them to play anymore. I don't want you to go through the same thing.
    Another point of mine; I like you doing your silly roleplays. However, if you're an admin, that will probably stop. If you try to do something like that, you'll be called away every two minutes because Billy shot Kevin for X reasons, but Kevin doesn't think he should have. And if you ignore those calls to continue the RP, well, you're not doing your job. People get frustrated, and you get yelled at; also not fun.

You're a friendly individual, and I can compare you in many ways to Danny Silvershine. You're both total anime fans, you're both really cool to be around, and you both have rather similar accents. Danny is already an admin; however, he's forced himself to push away his friends as of late due to his job as an administrator. I just don't want you to go through the same thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.