1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imma Keep it Real With You Chief

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KJM, Jul 29, 2018.

?

Is this an epic thread that can help revive chronet?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Canadian-bacon

Canadian-bacon Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    Via RNG, not by skill.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    Added a Poll :)

3. Loxxy

Loxxy Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Jay Newsman
    The problem in my mind with scamming was the fact that Chronet handled it really stupidly. There are many other servers which straight up allow you to scam people, because it's a harsh world just like getting mugged. This works fairly well on many servers. However since Chronet is more geared towards a protecting its users in this regard, I'd like to re-suggest a compensation system. I've seen this work really well on a few different servers and would require definitive proof that a player lost something in damages. This would need some form of video evidence or otherwise logged evidence and would be done on forums only by higher ranking staff such as CM or otherwise if another rank would be added.
    --- Post updated ---
    I'm going to use verbatim because I don't want to write 2 essays again:
    A punishment guideline wasn't needed. What was needed was an admin guideline, a proper set of protocols for the admins to follow and how to handle situations such as an appeal or re-appeal or re-offenders, how to/a place to handle admins abusing especially admins who wanted to report other admins for abuse. Guidelines on leniency and Chronet's aim in upholding the rules.
    --- Post updated ---
    Would have happened if we had an active leader. Simple was supposed to hold those meetings so hopefully when we have a real CM that shouldn't be a problem.
    --- Post updated ---
    I think, although maybe unpopular, that admins should be limited to strictly over 16, no exceptions. We've seen examples of immaturity time and time again, and most under 16 apps got denied anyway.
    --- Post updated ---
    [​IMG]
    The Blue I have answered in the post above, the red I disagree with, I don't think it became more politically correct but I do believe that some admins started bending the rules and interpreting them to serve their own agenda or to punish people they disliked. This sort of started legal debates on rules which I think on a server like this should be minimized, so I think that the server rules should be amended and clarified where faults lie, additionally some old rules were left out when Stiggy changed them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    you right... gamers gotta game

• Like Like x 1
  5. Loxxy

Roleplay name:
    Jay Newsman
    Post is in two parts due to 10,0000 character limit.
    I have skipped out some Fixes because I either agree with them or have no other opinions on them.
    Pretty sure this was heavily discussed and thought about as an appeal, that's why it took so long, not 100% sure.
    I think this one is a no-brainer, but not always possible, especially during congested times. It's not always possible even though you might want it to be. I think more clarifcation on rules to stop them being misinterpreted would be good, also we should discuss more about what amount of leniency should be given towards players on the server. Are we lenient? Moderate? Strict? etc. I think I could use my results from my form to help with this.

Chronet isn't dying from money shortage, and the server's state was dead already, Simple won't be able to fix it due to his lack of time. Chronet needs a full revamp before the server goes back up. Especially since there are no admins, and I'd rather it stay that way until a CM can start managing them.

People are going to be unhappy regardless of what you do, that's how legal cases work unfortunately. We already had a rule stopping ban threats, but to be fair someone is always gonna say "I'll see you on the forums kid", for me it's a meme and just don't let it bother you. I do agree events are nice but there need to be players or admins willing to do something like that. And we have seen a bunch of events like that in the past. I don't think it was that bad, at least in the last months when Chronet was still popular.

Wipe won't fix anything if the server is broken, you need to have patience. You also need to remember that this may never even happen, Chronet might just be abandoned eventually, but if it's not, it'll definitely be a while, so just chill and wait.

I agree and posted my opinion on the above sections.

It was never really too PC, that was just never allowed. I kind of agree and don't think it was too bad when angrybaldman was in charge but I kind of don't want to see immature RP of kids screaming "Move Nigger!" in an RP sense, when they're technically RPing but it's dumb and immature.

Equal punishment for all players, however I think less bias by better admin screening and scrutiny, aswell as protocols. We had WAY too many admins who punished the friends more leniently and held bias to rivals or enemies. That is not tolerable whatsoever on a server like Chronet.

Already happens tbh. But there should always be an avenue for discussion even from these types of people.

I'd also like to see more forum trophies to be honest. It's not really a cool thing when there are only like 10 trophies. Most points doesn't mean anything anymore.

Up for debate, there are much higher quality packs, but I have little experience in this field.

I'd like a full crafting revamp.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  6. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    even then, it shouldnt take 6 months......

7. DAWG

DAWG Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Eren Diamond
    Nobody's going to join Chronet while this shitty map is there. Change back to Rockford, then we'll see what happens next.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    the map cant be shitty if there isnt one.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. DAWG

DAWG Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Eren Diamond
    ayy lmao

10. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
  11. Defiler

Defiler Member

Brunnea, If you truly think chronet should shut down for good, then why do you keep pandering on it? Like really it's quite simple if you don't care about it coming back off then leave the chronet fourms. You being here and complaining does nothing

12. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    this ain’t it chief

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    what's a panda ring.

14. Defiler

Defiler Member

Nice, ad Hominem

15. Loxxy

Roleplay name:
    Jay Newsman
    Not an ad Hominem tho, dodging maybe, but not an ad Hominem. Also your use of "Pandering" is also quite incorrect, she's not really pandering to anyone but herself, which isn't really pandering.

16. Defiler

Defiler Member

Still fits the description of pandering also, It's obviously not ad Hominem but It's a logic fallacy none the less

17. Loxxy

Roleplay name:
    Jay Newsman
    I don't think she's pandering. But I think the term you were looking for might be red herring.

18. Defiler

Defiler Member

Well it can be habitual, obsessions and you're probably right ad hominem's just what came to mind

19. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    no im just fuckin wit u

because i cant take any of this seriously anymore

much like everyone else
    shitposting make up of 0.0003% of why i continue to live