1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imma Keep it Real With You Chief

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KJM, Jul 29, 2018.

?

Is this an epic thread that can help revive chronet?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    Chronets Resurrection

Why It Has Died:

Chronet Died for many reasons, some may be more apparent than others. I will now list off all of the reasons why chronet met its slow and sad demise.

• Lack of ban requests and appeals being done

• Staff team not working in a coordinated manner due to not having a prominent leader who was there and was unbiased

• Player base resenting the staff team due to the unfairness that was presented upon the majority of them (Ex; UnFair Bannings, Double Standards, Miscommunication, and general bullshit)

• Lack of content being added (no real updates besides cars being added within the last year or two

• There was more ruleplay than there was roleplay

• No wipe within the last 3 years, made it nearly impossible for newer players to start

• Bans became too harsh and the community became more Politically Correct

• Dedicated and Long time players were being treated like trash (Ex; Serving perma bans and very long bans on people who hadn't been banned in such a long time just because of the rules that they had broken in the past)

• People taking things to serious in general when they should be having fun

How We as a Community Can Fix it:

There are many fixes that we as a community can vote on together and can work on to make sure chronet can thrive again in the near future, Obviously we will need help from @Simple but we can make this work

• Staff should have fun too but it shouldn't be as bad as it was before where staff members waited damn near a year to do a singular ban request or appeal. Ex:
    [​IMG]

• Staff team not working in a coordinated manner due to not having a prominent leader who was there and was unbiased: We can fix this through finding one dedicated staff member who Simple trusts and the community generally likes to lead the staff team and give them stuff to do and just coordinate them in general

• To fix the whole resentment between players make sure that bans are fair and that bans that are not fair get unbanned quickly and receive an apology. Also it would help to deal with rule breakers in a fast and fair manner

• To fix the lack of content being added simple could wipe the server right now and put it up again and have people play and buy premium and then he could fund coders via premium money and have them code what he wants and etc.

• To prevent rule play over roleplay we should endorse roleplay via events and discourage people saying shit like “im gonna post a BR on you” we should attempt to solve rule breaks on the server where both parties are happy with the end result and can continue playing on the server.

• Obviously to solve the whole problem with no wipe Simple would need to wipe the server.(I recommend letting people keep their playtime hats :p )

• Obviously some bans were to harsh on chronet, I would love to see what the community thinks about how we should solve this (I think there should be a written guidelines for admins on how they should ban people if there isn't one already, and the bans shouldn't be that heavy.

• Regarding Chronet becoming too PC I think we should allow people to use slurs and insults in character but not in OOC because that's what people do in real life and what its like on many other servers and games (obviously we should draw lines at target harassment or usage of it way too much)

• .To solve long time players being treated like trash, I feel as if the community as a whole should come up with a solution for this.

• We need to create a more fun environment instead of a serious one…. Community will need to do this as a whole and anyone who is a negative nancy or downer should be looked down upon.

Additional Content:

Here are my suggestions for content to be added:

• Use a better Sourcebans and use Server Guard.

• Milestone items…. Make it so that if someone achieves a milestone they get a special reward item. For example if someone achieves having $1,000,000 on the server then they should get a gold playtime hat or something to that degree.

• Keep CS:S weapon pack, its simple and the aesthetic matches the Source player models chronet uses.

• Make Crafting Easier (Make it so that you click E on the crafting table and it brings up a UI where you can craft multiple items once but they have queues where it will craft one after another, instead of having it where you craft it on your body.... you should collect the items at the table too)

• Make a custom edit of rockford or use Rockford open

• Make the Org System Actually Work and add More Customization to it (Make it so you can actually see the players org under there name, compared to the past where you had to crouch under them to see there name, also maybe add it so that you could make your orgs name another color)

• Better Written Rules that are more clear

• Make it so that if people want to farm fruits and vegetables they have an NPC to sell them to so it actually kind of makes people want to farm them

More Info Regarding my Opinion of Chronet V2:

http://chronet.com/threads/hey-old-banned-player-here.16822/

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    what the f is a better sourcebans

that is my only question

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    honestly chief idek, simple just needs to find something that is easy for admins to use in regards to it not taking a million fucking years to load up.... sourcebans seemed decent other than that tho

4. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Marshal Mallow
    You make several good points, except:
    No. While they probably shouldn't be here, it is important to remember that a great many immature kids make their way onto the server. While adults may be able to separate role-play from reality, impressionable kids tend to not be able to do that- therefore, it's a lot safer to just restrict that kind of thing.
    No! Chronet became more fun when it became more serious. When we went from liteRP to semi-seriousRP, people actually started to role-play and spend longer periods of time on the server. Chronet went from a simple base and raid server to a fun place where the community kept it together better than the gameplay mechanics.

• Like Like x 1
  5. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    your right about this, I think people should take the roleplay serious but not to serious... However people should always remember this is a game
    you right chief, we should be less harsh in regards to bans for that type of stuff.... a perma for a one time usage for the n word is insane

6. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Marshal Mallow
    Totally agree that punishments were way harsh about this. It shouldn't be allowed, but it shouldn't be an "I made one mumista, bye Chronet forever" thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    honestly the harsh punishment thing won't be as prevalent if the guideline staff got was actually followed by everyone

i can speak for myself in saying the reason i was harsh is because i saw fellow staff being super lax and then told me to not do that

or something to that degree
    i dont know ive kinda scrubbed that time period out of my mind

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rondell

Rondell Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Tristan Hartmann
    I like this, It'd be cool to finally see organization names.

I personally liked Rockford better myself, especially the Original V1, but it'll be interesting and cool to see a Chronet version of Rockford.

I agree.

That'd be cool to have as well, something I've thought about when reading this was potentially in-game achievements? like if you mined say 15 Rocks you'd earned a achievement and would be rewarded like maybe some money, or something.. I guess what you mentioned is pretty much same as what I said..

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Canadian-bacon

Canadian-bacon Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    Ban gambling, or moderate it. Shit broke in-game economy tbh.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Rondell

Rondell Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Tristan Hartmann
    I think people would still gamble when admins aren't around. so I don't know really of an way you can Ban it or anything.. Unless maybe just removing the /roll command or something to that sort, but that still wouldn't prevent it.

11. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    fucking this

sure ya can.
    iss easi

12. Vhondy

Vhondy Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Matt Czosnyka
    I would say that if I lost a 1 mill roll too

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Canadian-bacon

Canadian-bacon Past Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Hima Lowa
    Not even that, don't really mind my personal loss, it's more witnessing people get stupid ass bans for scamming, or a player who joined less than two days ago to go from nothing to sports cars in an instant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Brunnea

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    it also got super annoying to deal with

people acted like they were dealing with legitimate gambling addictions

15. George

George Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    I hate you but you make good points. Especially when it comes to rules and how people would have to wait months for a response, whether it be an unban or not.. <3

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    Idek what caused our falling out or whatever all I remember you spewing shit about me being a minge on the server who only had mal intent.... thanks chief

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. George

George Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Han Conway
    I was memeing (about hating you, I have nothing against you and think you're an alright guy). And I never said you were a minge, I fell out with you because of rumors, but tbh I couldn't give a shit anymore, so you're the coolest guy around again, apart from Christ ofc.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
    I went from 20,000 to 1Mil in one day so I agree with this to some degree
    Rockford Open is basically Rockford v1 with more features its pretty dope
    I think it would give more of asocial status to Orgs and would make running them and customizing them fun because then you would knowget everyone easily sees your ORG name and color that's stands out.
    I'm Game Acheivements shouldn't give money Imo, I think it should give cosmetics like the playtime cardboard crowns... and yeah have achievements like "Mine 1000 Iron Ore" or "Have $1,000,000" and it would be cool to press F4 and to see a Acheivements UI tab that shows all Acheivements Completed and Uncompleted

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. KJM

KJM Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Jeffy Gutenburg
  20. Vhondy

Vhondy Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Matt Czosnyka
    If someone can turn 20k to over 1 mill or 2 they deserve to keep it imo