1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel bad about Chronet (give me your nostalgia)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WorkadayEwe2, Apr 27, 2018.

1. WorkadayEwe2

WorkadayEwe2 Member

Roleplay name:
    Blake Aech
    It has been about a month and a half since Chronet updated and about a month and 5/12s since Chronet completely died. I played on Chronet for a very long time, and put two weeks in game on the server, and I can honestly say, I miss Chronet. Chronet was a place to hang out with and make new friends on the server. Chronet is the place where I met the core group of my friends, and I am going to share that story now, rather than pay attention in class.

The day I met my friends was my second day on the server.
    I walked up to a random detective on the street thinking he was a cop, and said, "Hey, can I do a ride along with you?"
    He said, "no."
    "wait, yeah get in."
    That day, I followed them around, and accidentally got into a large gunfight at a faction base in industrial. There were a few guys outside shooting and one of them was killed, while the others went back inside the defenses. I remember walking up to the line of police vehicles being used for cover, and the detective I met threw me the dead man's shotgun, he gave it to me and said, "Blake, run!"
    later that day, I drove all of the detectives off a cliff in their car. It was a good day, and I loved every bit of it. That day was why I fell in love with Chronet, and I feel bad that it is dead now.
    Oof 1 of 2.PNG Oof 2 of 2.PNG

Now give me your nostalgic memories of Chronet.

This was posted around the time I had joined, and it gives some good insight of what we have fallen from, and what I fear we never may reach again.
    http://chronet.com/threads/the-plan-for-upcoming-weeks-q2-2016.9178/

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  2. Sebastian Prome

Sebastian Prome Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Bodhi Pow
    Pretty sure its not gone yet devs are working on new map and will be fixed and revived when they're done. I mean it would be stupid not to, simple gets money from the server and when its revived he will get much more. It runs itself so even if he is busy in africa selling healing herbs, he still is getting money from the server without doing anything on it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Vhondy

Vhondy Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Matt Yutang
    what devs? and if u think a new map would save chronet idk whats wrong with you

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Spoderman

Spoderman Member

Roleplay name:
    Forrest Westbrook
    I have so many memories, and I can’t believe that I’m actually getting sad about a server on a game that was released in like 2006.

Just a great community filled with great memories.

5. FilmsActionCZ

FilmsActionCZ Active Member

my great memory was getting permabanned for basing in the town hall as mayor (they said it was prop block, there was a damn keypad right there.. damn)

6. Sebastian Prome

Roleplay name:
    Bodhi Pow
    Chronet v2 will bring a new map as players have been wanting one for a long time, new items, new police system, and a huge overhaul in general. Once the boring downtown map is removed everyone's items will be reset allowing rich people to have a fresh start, the ban list will possibly be reset, and everything will be new and possibly better. There's a pretty good chance chronet will be revived if/when chronet V2 is released.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. thegrilandmuffin

thegrilandmuffin Active Member

You're trying to be funny right?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Internet explorer98760

Internet explorer98760 Member

Mine is probably just hanging out as SS with the mayor or basing with my friends and having a cop chase idk there is alot i could sa i ust remember chronet as a place to talk to people and hang out

9. Pasta Rants!

Pasta Rants! Member

i shot people in the face and was a bad ass

10. Marty Lotus

Marty Lotus Member

Roleplay name:
    Marty Lotus
    My favorite memory is being permabanned twice without any actual evidence. The banning admin ended up being a pedophile and was forced to resign. Good times. :suicide:

11. Spoderman

Spoderman Member

Roleplay name:
    Forrest Westbrook
    Who was that?

12. Silvershine

Silvershine Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Danny Silvershine
    What you recall is the day you met me, Rupert Glass and Aki Chan. Anyways I record a bit of that day, which is in this video here. Nonetheless it was an action packed day. One I remember very well because of the day's pace. Chronet's pace of action is fun for police in key moments. That day just happened to have like everything one could ask for it. It in fact was one of my most early detective experiences.

13. Marty Lotus

Marty Lotus Member

Roleplay name:
    Marty Lotus
    ScorpionRTD. He stalked some 16 year old girl and tried to cyber with a small boy. The sad part is that I'm not even joking. This actually happened.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Spoderman

Spoderman Member

Roleplay name:
    Forrest Westbrook
    Oh, yeah. I remember scorp.

15. Mooo

Mooo Member

The girl was like 13 not 16

16. Sebastian Prome

Roleplay name:
    Bodhi Pow
  17. WorkadayEwe2

WorkadayEwe2 Member

Roleplay name:
    Blake Aech
    You can't even imagine how upset I am that that didn't become a series or something
    I would have been a detective.
    But on a happier note, that was my first day on the server and to be honest, you and Aki are the first people I met there, and the reason I stayed. So thanks for the memories. I watched that video and got some serious nostalgia.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nova

Nova Member

lol i barely remember chronet, it was good fun in 2015

19. Brunnea

Brunnea Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Dumb Broad
    someone called me nisha and i had a heart attack
    does that count

or this