1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Read the sticky before posting a staff application!

ACCEPTED Hammy The Gorilla's Admin Application

Discussion in 'Closed Staff Applications' started by Hammy, Aug 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow Genesis

Shadow Genesis Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Logan King
    I can do what I want

2. redcloud654

redcloud654 Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Barbara Newman
    Very active, handles situations well, +1

3. Hammy

Hammy Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Hammy Baker
    He's not posting anything useless on here, they leave the app open so people can critique how the trial admins are doing, which is exactly what he was doing. Although the "I can do what I want post" was unneeded

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  4. Apollo

Apollo Retired Staff Member Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Franky Wright
    +1 eats plenty ass and when it comes to situations, his ass always thinks first

5. Blofart

Blofart Member

:wtf:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  6. Hammy

Hammy Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Hammy Baker
    If you could not just troll post because I banned you for breaking the rules that would be great.

7. pro_gamer484

pro_gamer484 Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Ron Thomas
  8. Lava_Master

Lava_Master Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Mike Rader
    Changing it

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  9. Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Owyn Maxson
    -1 too active

10. Lava_Master

Roleplay name:
    Mike Rader
    Let me say this, I'm going to be stating my own opinion just because I have a different opinion doesnt mean that all you Pooters should just rate my post dumb. Just rate it a disagree and move on. With that said, I'm going to a -1 I just feel Hammy gets tempered and gets very angry with lots of things he is dealing with. If I'm on the opposing side that he is screaming at or the side he is screaming at, it's quite a bit harsh. I'm here to state my opinion not argue on the matter.

11. CYJ11

CYJ11 Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    George Castelluccio
    I'm going to have to agree with this. Hammy tends to lose his temper and always wants to complain about how hard his job is, yet he's the one who applied to take on this job.

12. Medic

Medic Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend

I don't know who wouldn't get pissed in situations like this. You guys are the ones that complains about the cancer of the community, but don't expect people, especially admins to get mad when you kindly ask someone to change their name and they say "No fuck off". You all just dont know. You aren't in our position. The only other option besides getting a little heated at them and trying to get them to fix the problem, is ban them. Then the complaint is, "You're too quick to ban". It's never a win win in this community.

13. CYJ11

CYJ11 Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    George Castelluccio
    If some dickhead had a fail name and told you to fuck off, why would I argue and say "you are too quick to ban?" If someone makes a complaint about it then who cares considering the ban reason is justified. You also say that I am not in your position? I have been an administrator on a former Serious RP server that managed to have sizes similar to Chronet's. It's safe to say that I was in fact in your shoes at one point in my life and I would encourage you to call someone out on something when you know for sure that they are "guilty" of that said thing.

14. Medic

Medic Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    Why not ban them? Because as stated before nothing is a win win on here. That simply puts an end to that. I never said you didn't have experience as staff, I said you don't have to deal with the daily bullshit that goes on on the server. This ain't a DarkRP server, the vast majority of the population is the same. I ain't even trying to call you out I'm just stating how it is here. I been staff on other servers too and Chronet ain't any other server, that's just the reality of it. I just don't understand how saying someone is "short tempered" because some people in the GMod community act like they were never taught how to have a normal conversation with someone is a valid point.

15. CYJ11

CYJ11 Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    George Castelluccio
    Just going to use @Official Silvershine as an example here. (Please note I try my best to be civil, calm, cool, and collected in admin sits.) Silvershine is a prime example of someone who can keep their cool whilst dealing with administrative situations. Now, Mr. Medic, if Silvershine can do this, why can't you and your friend? It amazes me that you are complaining that the people you deal with on a daily basis are causing these problems, yet admins like Silvershine don't seem to have much of a problem from what I have seen. Now, I will say this again, it seems that your friend Hammy appears to have a short temper and has a tendency to let his emotions get the best of him. I apologize if this offends you, you're just going to have to deal with it.

16. Lex Luthor

Roleplay name:
    Owyn Maxson
    Oh boohoo, he'd go to jail in a game for three minutes for a good reason, yet he makes the situation even longer, thus only wasting more of his "valuable" time. Besides, there's bail for a reason. Just because you're an admin doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to be arrested, besides, we "enforce rp" yet this is the polar opposite of RP.

17. Medic

Medic Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    Really quick, I don't mean to make this an argument, I just wanted through in a few points. Anyways, I don't take offense to it, I'm just saying that every admin gets mad at their job. If some choose to keep it out of their tone, thats fine. I can keep my cool, Hammy can too, the reality is that everyone get pissed off when people make it a hard time dealing with situations. Past retired admins used to get mad too. I've gotten yelled at by admins in sits back when I was new. It's not possible to be calm in every situation, we're human not robots. These situations unfortunately come around fairly often with the mentatly that players think they have the final say and whatever they say is right.
    I'm sorry, but since when do you care about the server?

18. Lex Luthor

Roleplay name:
    Owyn Maxson
    Let me rephrase you're question medic.
    Since when did you care?
    and to answer your shitty question, around mid 2016

19. Lava_Master

Roleplay name:
    Mike Rader
    Hammy just gets pissed all the time. You can handle things professionally and you can handle things unprofessionally. I would prefer professionally, but the issue with Hammy is that he is angry and has a very short temper concerning anything. He extends his admin sits due to his screaming into the mic on many occasions and bitching about everything in a sit. And let me say that YOU don't do shit when this is happening. When I have been in sits with Hammy you are there just dicking around, and you aren't really paying attention. You guys are quite active, that isn't my issue if there aren't more important things happening. But Hammy just has a temper, and I have to say he has a temper to people I have reported too. There was this failcop and Hammy had ranted to him for atleast 15 mins about irrelevant shit. And that guy had fail arrested me, but it was quite harsh. My message is calm down, and quite frankly that is what I have told him every time I have been involved in a sit with him because he isn't calm

20. pro_gamer484

pro_gamer484 Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Ron Thomas
    I was trying to talk once to hammy an I saw him throw about 2 people in the air for no reason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.