1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Read the sticky before posting a staff application!

Hades' Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Hades, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Hades

Hades Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Nikolai Botanski
    Your In-Game name: Nikolai Botanski
    Steam Name: InfantHades1
    Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:81546469
    Time zone: Eastern Standard Time (EST)
    Server Playtime: 50.78 Days

Past Experience:

- Minecraft: Obviously this isn't too important, but I'll just throw it in here just because it is experience of a sort. It was a long while back so I don't really care about this as much. I was admin on 2 Minecraft servers, one of which was my friend's.

It's story time! Get ready for the highlight of my admin experience!

- Star War RP: I have been a member of administration on 4 different SWRP servers. On two, I became Head Admin.
    I first became a very minor member of staff on my first SWRP server. I mainly served to help gamemasters with their events and whitelist people for different jobs. That was not really the highlight of my administration experience considering the owner of that server was going against everything the community wanted. Therefore, I joined a large portion of the community in making a new server which ended up being even more successful within only a few weeks. I dedicated my time to this server and the owners respected the work I did. I took my position of Captain very seriously and was able to ride through the ranks and earn my own battalion. I eventually earned (through an application process similar Chronet) the title of Gamemaster (someone in charge of making events) and earned the second highest rank in the army, Marshall Commander. I instantly became THE favorite admin of the server. I ensured that minges did not infiltrate our community and events occurred on a normal basis. However, tragedy struck. The owner became inactive and the co-owner decided to use the owner’s money to create another server. It was essentially a military RP server, but in the setting of World War 2. All the admins followed and I could have as well. I was offered a full position as superadmin too, but I had to decline. The community did not want a WW2 military RP, they wanted Star Wars RP. My loyalty was always the community first, and so I stayed. For the next 3 months, I was the only admin that ever came on. It was my responsibility to take care of an entire community by myself. When the owner saw what I was doing, he promoted me to SuperAdmin and told me to take care of the server in his absence since he was busy moving. 3 MONTHS of just me doing all the events, all the promotions, all of the moderating, all of the whitelisting, everything! You can kinda see why I was everyone's favorite admin. My philosophy was that I was promoted to serve the needs of the community, not to dictate them. I was their slave. My job was to set up an environment to allow them to have fun within the guidelines of the server. What happened after 3 months? The rest of staff returned from their unsuccessful World War 2 server. When the co-owner saw what I had done, he decided to demote me down to Gamemaster again because he feared my influence with the player base. He was obsessed with the power that came with his job and wanted to restrict my power as much as possible. He became disconnected from the community and biased towards certain community members. After an instance where one such friend ruined an event for the rest of the community, I decided to come to a fellow staff member about the instance. Apparently, we were being spectated and this ended up pissing off the co-owner. He decided to use this situation to end up demoting me from my position. Being the community favorite admin, the players wanted to know why I was demoted. A developer happened to spectate the situation and posted it on youtube, causing the community to go livid upon discovering the corruption within the staff team. The owner returned to his server to find his community gone. I feel that if this community felt I was such a good admin, then Chronet should be able to feel the same way upon my promotion. Anyways, after the collapse of the community I was offer many positions on different servers to become staff. I accepted some, but they're not very important or not worth mentioning. I next became head admin on a different server. This server was where the vast majority of our community went. I was able to serve as head admin there for several months before the owner decided to close the server. I continued to admin on several servers in my spare time after that before I slowly drifted away from SWRP due to lack of a stable community. Chronet has always been a place for me. It was my first community and will always be my community. I have met many great friends here which is why I have stayed loyal to Chronet for so long. Even though I did have my little spell of inactivity many, months ago.

- Admin for community with several servers spanning across many game modes. You can probably tell that my main focus is on the SWRP positions I had.

Have you donated?

I have had 2 3 month premium subscriptions due to friends who have bought it for me. I have not personally been able donated to the server for various reasons I’d rather not share.

Why do you think you deserve to be admin?

Chronet is the first server I ever played on Garry’s Mod. When I joined the server, I didn't even know what “RDM” meant, how to type in ooc, or even how to talk with my Mic. I have been a loyal member of Chronet for about 2 years now. I've met some fantastic people here and know what this community is like. I have posted numerous ban requests to wash The filth from our community and attempt to dissuade others from rule-breaking when I can. The admins have told us how their jobs are akin to slavery and I am ready to bare that same fate. My philosophy is that the staff members are here to serve the community and maintain a proper environment for their enjoyment. Staff is not here to fulfill their wishes, but those of the community. I feel as though I am ready for this responsibility with the experience I have and am willing dedicate my time towards ensuring this server and community is well maintained.

Extra notes:
    I have permission from Simple to post this application despite my ban history. My last ban was well over a year ago, so this is not surprising.
    (Evidence can be provided upon request)
    • (I have a large swath of experience to prove that I am prepared for the position.

• I want what is best for my community. I feel as though serving it as staff would be the best way for me to contribute, especially with the recent wave of resignations

• I have a functioning microphone

• I generally try to be friendly towards my fellow community members. I usually let them show disrespect beforehand.

• I enjoy RPing. Be it either running a shop or making deals with the mafia, I enjoy all types of RP. It's why I decided to chose Chronet in the first place. I always used to admire how @Official Silvershine used to RP as a detective and even partook in his police academy. I have helped people with their own RP and even hosted my own Easter Egg Hunt event where I gave away about $100,000 in prize money to those who collected the hidden colored Easter eggs.

• I have read the rules several times and reported numerous people in ban requests in the past. I tend not to like doing it too much, but I do them if I have enough evidence.

• I am a Well-Known member on the forums and am frequently on them at least once a day. I have over 900 posts. :dance:

• We currently have a lot of staff positions to fill and not a lot of valid applicants out there. Even though we have some valid choices out there, we do still need more staff members. That’s a fact. I pledge to you that if I become trial admin, I will push myself to always be as active as possible, I will push myself to always do everything in my power to keep minges off this server and to promote role play, and I will push myself to ensure that players will never get away with breaking rules on my watch.

Thank you for reading through my wall of text. I sincerely hope you decide to allow me to be admin. I will do everything in my power to make this community a better place. ;)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 19
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Brunnea

Brunnea Trial Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Nisha Clarke
    +1

I was wondering when I'd see this.
    Ner vod over here is possibly one of the nicest people I've met on here, and frankly he's pretty damn qualified for this role.

of course my say doesn't matter but heyyyyy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nahver

Nahver Member

Roleplay name:
    Elias Burning
    +1
    he a good dude
    But in all seriousness, he takes the server pretty seriously in my eyes, and even hosted an easter event with prizes when staff were unable to [and then some c4'd the fucking event]

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. James Newman

James Newman Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    James Newman
    +1 Nikolai knows the rules, he has a lot of past experience, he surely knows how to enforce the rules and he's been active for a while. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Medic

Medic Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Ryan Trend
    Nikolai has been around as far as I can remember. Shit, back when I first started. I really haven't seen any negative qualities of Nikolai as far as I'm concerned, and he's always been one to enjoy and participate in RP. I greatly remember his Botanski industries company he ran out of a suburbs house, and it was a cool system. I see no reason to give anything but a +1

• Like Like x 1
  6. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Joe Diamond
    +1, hands down the best candidate.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SCORPEANrtd

SCORPEANrtd Retired Staff Member

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    Apart from stuff that happened over a year ago, I can't really recall any negatives.
    I wouldn't mind seeing you on trial. +1

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hades

Hades Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Nikolai Botanski
    I would like to say thank you to everyone who has posted so far. Your support means more than you will ever know. I hope to make all of you proud if I succeed in becoming trial. <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. MrCote

MrCote Member

Roleplay name:
    Joseph Ronson
    arkay would be a better admin,

+1

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. CupHolder

CupHolder Active Member

Roleplay name:
    George Ronson
    Active and respectful member,
    +1

• Like Like x 1
  11. BlueberryMuffin

BlueberryMuffin Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Marsha Gremory
    +1. Yes my dude, you got this.

• Like Like x 1
  12. beanycheese

beanycheese Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Maxine Westen
    Friendliest person I've seen on the server, plus fairly active on the forums and server.
    +1

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mewthree

Mewthree Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Dominic Topaz
    I was going to go neutral but now I am sticking with a -1. I got on to see him punch whoring a detective in the middle of the street for seemingly no reason. I get that they might be friends and if they were both citizens and just fucking around and fighting, I wouldn't have a problem but fact is, this was a GO that he was punching in the middle of the street which could have impeded him from doing his job (loss of armor and health from being punched) and when I asked if he was going to arrest him, Nikolai just said "We're settling this like men".

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Hammy

Hammy Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Hammy Baker
    Honestly, you're a pretty chill dood, also my I trust my fellow admins decisions. +1

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hades

Hades Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Nikolai Botanski
    Thank you for this positive feedback guys!
    We decided to settle an issue we were having through a fight. We were fighting. Hence why I said towards the end "We're settling this like men". Punch whoring is a random act in which you punch a person for no good reason. If you actually showed what happened instead of just that little bit (especially right afterwards) you would've seen that I was at 20 health by the end of it and Eren won the fight. I don't know why it didn't show her fists up, but whatever. But thanks for your consideration anyways! Your opinion is still valued despite our shaded past. You can personally ask Eren Diamond if you want to validate this. I do not know her forum account however.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Schwifty

Schwifty Member

Roleplay name:
    Marko Lamerino
    +1 , Very friendly and to my knowledge he knows the rules very well and is also very active.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Craigory

Craigory Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Pepe Ronson
    I really wish I had good things to say about him however he is a very well mannered person who wants nothing but the best for the server as shown through his frequent events that he likes to set up. He is also on quite frequently which is another +. So +2

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Yalguzag

Yalguzag Member

Roleplay name:
    Zak Baguettes
    +1 Very helpful, Great leader, Amazing at Rp! Knows the Rules!

• Like Like x 1
  19. mysticalcatbutt

mysticalcatbutt Member

Roleplay name:
    Zoe Baguettes
    +1 Go go Papa Niko! You're a chill guy/mafioso!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hades

Hades Premium Member

Roleplay name:
    Nikolai Botanski
    Awww... Thanks guys! Btw @mysticalcatbutt This gif in your signature is sooooo funny xD
    [​IMG]
    I love it! I love all of them, but I love this one the most!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1