1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GMod Roleplay Wipe coming soon. And New Year update!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Simple, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Simple

Simple Founder Forum Moderator

Roleplay name:
    Michael Elpmis
    The last announcement of 2014 is here. I hope everyone had a great Christmas.

It's time for an official announcement about the wipe that will be coming soon.

The wipe will happen in early 2015. I don't want to promise an exact date as things can change, however expect the wipe to happen in January/February 2015. A more exact date will be given when available.

Money, inventory, and most likely blueprints will be wiped and reset on the server.

At the same time as the wipe, the server will officially change map and receive a large update featuring cars, job system changes, etc.
    As discussed before, your old inventory and money (money for interest sake) will be put into an "archive system". It will work much like the bank does at the moment. You'll be able to withdraw items that have been "unlocked". When the wipe happens, very few (if any) items will be "unlocked". As time goes by, rare items will be unlocked and you will be able to withdraw these items from your archive. Hats will be unlocked first, then other things.

We have discussed the roadmap and wipe more here:
    http://chronet.com/threads/semi-serious-discussion-roadmap-and-moving-forward.3910/

FAQ

Why is the server being wiped?
    The server hasn't been wiped for more than 2 years (Since October 2012 when Chronet started). The server economy is a bit screwed because of this. When we started the RP server we were a DarkRP Lite RP server where it was easy to get guns and other things. We have since changed over to a Semi-Serious server with our own gamemode where to encourage more RP and guns are harder to come by. Since inventories haven't been wiped, guns are still heavily in circulation. By wiping money and inventory, everyone gets to start fresh and we can build the economy up again.

Will I get to keep any of my money?
    No, money will be completly wiped. You will be able to look at your past money in your archive, but will not be allowed to withdraw it.

Do I get to keep my hats?
    Yes and no. You will keep certain hats such as melon hats. We're still looking to how to go about playtime hats. Playtime hats might be reset and given back to players with the appropriate playtime.

Do I get to keep rare items such as glue and dual elites, etc
    Yes, after some time (weeks or months) they will be unlocked in your archive system and you will be able to withdraw them into your inventory.

Do I get to keep my studies blueprints?
    Most likely not, however this is still in discussion.

Do I get to keep my playtime?
    Yes, playtime will not reset.

What map will the server change to?
    This is still in discussion too, however it's most likely to be Rockford (until EvoCity 3 is released).
    Discuss the map change here: http://chronet.com/threads/semi-serious-discussion-map.3795/

Feel free to PM if you have any questions regarding the wipe.

And now for the New Year update!

Just when you thought there were no more updates for the year - boom (literally), New Year update!
    The New Year update adds fireworks! Hop on the server and start collecting them (you can find the ingredients in crackers), you will only be able to use the fireworks on New Year's eve and shortly after.

Update thread/change log can be found here: http://chronet.com/threads/update-114.4845/

Because there are quite a few fireworks recipes, and we have limited time to find them all. I'm going to encourage people to share recipes they find. You can do so here: http://chronet.com/threads/new-year-event-firework-recipes.4843/

I hope everyone has a awesome New Year's Eve and a great 2015!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Aeri Tyaelaria

Aeri Tyaelaria Active Member

Roleplay name:
    Aeri Tyaelaria
    Can't Wait!
    I hope, however, we don't use rockford.. It feels way too empty.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Retired Staff Member

All the playtime hats should be wiped, then given to players who have the right amount of playtime, but would not available for trade.
    IMO I don't think any of the hats should be tradeable if they are carried over through the wipe. They're currently the most valuable items in the game so it's quite an unfair advantage for anyone who wished to sell them.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Aeri Tyaelaria

Roleplay name:
    Aeri Tyaelaria
    Plus everyone can EARN the hats rather than just get them from people leaving.

Also can I note that we do have the hat-pack which has a few hats we COULD use? I know they suit no RP purpose but a melon hat doesn't either soooo...

Following Notes:

1. Money wipe. I think PERSONALLY an 'archive' is kinda dumb. It's nice to go "Once I had all that.." but it seems pointless. I think we should just wipe it off the face of the earth (along with items NOT being carried).
    2. Instead of making rare hats/items locked we should allow them to be used. But completely locked to the account for a certain period of time.
    3. All weapons should be lost to the wipe (as I will freely admit now there are TONS of crowbars floating around). Weapons should either be introduced via crafting (I would ask that dual elites become craft-able for the sake of .352s) or be auctioned by Simple or other admin on different 'Chronet Anniversaries' (i.e. 3 years, Simple's B-day, Admin(s) B day) or at any point.

I personally feel a complete wipe is the only way forward without this focus on 'dragging rare items'. People will just revert to being how it used to be making several things redundant and other things ridiculous. Plus we all know Steve Evets (Finally) has most of the server's stock of rare items, he would basically be getting one HELL of an advantage over new and even old players, or those who missed out on what's been going on.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  5. Kangareuben

Kangareuben Well-Known Member

As long as I can keep my doll

• Like Like x 1
  6. Aeri Tyaelaria

Roleplay name:
    Aeri Tyaelaria
    I honestly wish those items had a use or could be worn. Maybe you can wear them as a hat or shoulder-mounted (C'mon, a shoulder mounted turtle sounds EPIC)

7. MerlinsClaw

MerlinsClaw Member

I honestly wish those items had a use or could be worn. Maybe you can wear them as a hat or shoulder-mounted (C'mon, a shoulder mounted turtle sounds EPIC
    I think dual elites should be on both sides of you. So you kinda look like a cowboy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. CombineStalker

CombineStalker Active Member

Wipe it all, wipe this world, wipe everything that you stand for. No, really. I say no archive, no unlocks, wipe means WIPE.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. SCORPEANrtd

SCORPEANrtd Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze

The Archive is probably there for multiple reasons, and besides, I don't feel as though EVERYTHING should be wiped...

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Menswear Dog

Menswear Dog Active Member

Can't wait! I'll be able to come back to a clean slate which is always a little exciting :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Turska

Turska Premium Member

I totally agree with you on the playtime = hat and if no playtime then sad sad cry cry :D

Yeah idk why they were able to be trade in the first place but yeah. I really hope that what Ozy "suggested" should become a thing. Including this
    "All the playtime hats should be wiped, then given to players who have the right amount of playtime, but would not available for trade."
    Also this should become a thing.
    "IMO I don't think any of the hats should be tradeable if they are carried over through the wipe."

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. One Million Ducks

One Million Ducks Retired Staff Member

Is this our latest notice, or will we be made aware prior to the wipe?

13. Aeri Tyaelaria

Roleplay name:
    Aeri Tyaelaria
    Yeah but what's the point of a half hearted wipe? I reckon only hats should carry. Weapons should be gained via recipes or you guys auctioning them (like with crowbars) as else the only people who'll have money would be those who've hoarded (i.e. steve) and it makes it all ridiculous when they become unlocked, we'll be back to square one with the rich staying rich. If we wipe and redist. It'll be better.

14. CombineStalker

CombineStalker Active Member

Pretty sure I'm not Dutch.

@One Million Ducks Bad spelling?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 3
  15. Kangareuben

Kangareuben Well-Known Member

@400 Come back and deal with this commie

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Coolrune206

Coolrune206 Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Alekseyevich Yuri
    The main problem I found with you announcing the wipe was that you announced it far earlier than when it happened, meaning that people have been doing nothing but farming up rares to keep. Honestly, just wipe all rares, but keep event hats and playtime hats. But you only keep playtime hats if you have the playtime for them...
    Ah, hell, why not do a full wipe?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  17. Zaptto

Zaptto Well-Known Member

Roleplay name:
    Riley Graves
    Because a full wipe would piss even more people off, which is something we really don't need.

18. Aeri Tyaelaria

Roleplay name:
    Aeri Tyaelaria
    Not really? The only people who'd benefit right now is Steve Evets and other rarity hoarders. That's not really a "Fresh start for everyone". Just eliminate the idea of rares or just make them obtainable after awhile.

EDIT:// I'm going to just final statement.

Wipe: A wipe is a wipe, you lose it all to start again so we all get an even playing field. People have hoarded them since the first mention of a wipe so those with rares (mainly Steve Evets who's claimed and proven multiple times to have a LARGE amount of them) will just go back to having nearly everything once they come back. Let's just blow everything up and start again.

What should be saved? Holiday cosmetic items + playtime hats to those who've legitimately gained them. These things are all ACCOUNT LOCKED.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  19. SCORPEANrtd

SCORPEANrtd Server Admin

Roleplay name:
    Tristis Katze
    Are you saying wipe Melons or no?

20. Aeri Tyaelaria

Roleplay name:
    Aeri Tyaelaria
    You mean the cosmetic one or the planted item?